[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Woohoo, I'm getting a 360 :D
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Woohoo, I'm getting a 360 :D

<<

Poggins

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:03 am

Woohoo, I'm getting a 360 :D

Yeah, so I saved up some money, and I've decided to spend it on a 360.

I plan on getting BlazBlue and maybe Halo 3 if I find it cheap and used. Anyone have any suggestions for games to keep an eye out for?

Courtesy of Flakes
-=-We pwn Catz!-=-

Want to join us? >>> <<<

CaTPwnZorZ:
Nazgul
Flakes
Metal
Deathbread
Poggy

I agree with everything that Aaron says. *Hops onto the bandwagon*
Flakes rocks my socks :D
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:37 am

Re: Woohoo, I'm getting a 360 :D

what sort of games do you like?

shooter's
rpg
beat-em up

gears of war1 and 2 :shooter
mass effect :shooter/rpg
blue dragon :rpg
lost odyssey :rpg (the best one on xbox)
Sacred 2:fallen angel :adventure/rpg
Left 4 dead :shooter (only really worth it with online)
Dead rising :adventure/horror (not played it, but it's supposed to be really good and there's a 2nd coming soon)
halo 3: adventure/shooter (not played it, but supposedly has the best online community)
Tales of Vesperia :rpg (not played it, liked the demo and will get it once the price drops)

also with xbox live you can download demo's and most game's have one.
i'm more of a rpg fan than anything else, but im sure other on here can help you with the other stuff.
or go to :D look up a game there and if they say it's crap then that's what it is.
<<

Poggins

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:08 am

Well. I'm a huge RPG fan, but I've always had a thing for fighting games :D.

And I'm thinking of getting into console FPS's too.

So, what games am I into? In simplest terms, I want a challenge.

Courtesy of Flakes
-=-We pwn Catz!-=-

Want to join us? >>> <<<

CaTPwnZorZ:
Nazgul
Flakes
Metal
Deathbread
Poggy

I agree with everything that Aaron says. *Hops onto the bandwagon*
Flakes rocks my socks :D
<<

Aridar

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:41 am

Gaylo 3 is a piece of shit. Everyone just jumps around like pre-adolescent tools. I'd go for Fallout 3 or Mass Effect if you're into the RPG's. I've heard Lost Odyssey was decent, but JRPG's have always turned me off. For shooters, you should purchase Gears of War 2 and/or Call of Duty 4. If you're going to get Live, then definitely get Left 4 Dead.
<<

Yashvir

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:42 am

Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion :)
I love that game
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:52 am

The Last Remnant, i own it but i hate it, it's supposed to be one of the best rpg's on 360 but it's just not my thing.
Blue Dragon, i bought it for £6(very cheep), i really enjoyed the game the story is a little weak but the game play makes up for it in my view.
Fallout 3, first game i got for 360 :D, really enjoyed my first play through, the ending was abit weak tho. (lots of dlc adding alot of hour's)
Fable 2, well it was an ok game at first, but once you get further and get stronger the game becomes a button masher (no combo needed like they said).
Lost Odyssey, 4disc game, stunning graphic's, great story. perfect game really. (fallen asleep a few time's it go so boring).
Crackdown, an awesome super-hero type action game. gun's, explosion's, jumping roof top to roof top. this game was great, sandbox = pwnt.
Mass Effect, i like the story/main quest line, but the side quest's are repetative and quickly get boring, new game plus is ok tho.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Fallout3's test subject, made by the same people, brill game, main quest is abit short tho.
Left 4 Dead, best zombie game ever!! just a shame that it's only fun online, when i had online i played this all the time, shame it's gathering dust now.
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution: RTS game, a nice break from all the rpg'ing and zombie pwnting, no story mode, but alot of scenario's, quick achievement's.

that's the best game's i can remember right now.
also one other game i have to mention.

Too Human, it claimed to be so much, and fell far far far from the line.
camera suck's, class system suck's, control's suck all around suck ass game, whatever you do DO NOT buy this game.
i got it for £5 and i still feel ripped off.
<<

Mr. BigPing

Super Granger
Super Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:10 pm

My own suggestions are:

Left 4 Dead (if you're old enough to be buying M rated games, try Expert for a good challenge)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (surprising amount of vehicle-based fun)
Lost Odyssey, I have it, and I can assure you it's 4 discs worth of excellent storytelling, intuitive combat, and great visuals
Mass Effect, you'll play it twice at least (again, M rated, another good challenge)
Don't forget the Arcade!

Braid
Portal: Still Alive (better than the one that comes with Orange Box)
N+ (sidescrolling platformer with an editor)
Castlecrashers (addictive side-scroller)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (backport)
<<

Poggins

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Some very nice suggestions here!

As for the arcade, for sure, I'm getting:

Mega Man 9
Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Ikaruga