[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Evony
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Evony

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Evony

I am in no way promoting this game... except for the game-play itself.

I am posting this here because A) it is off-topic B) it involves a game C) I find it humorous.

Evony... great game. Used to play it, but I went on vacation a year or two ago and forgot about it. You start with a city, and you have to build up defenses, troops, etc. You can (provided you are high enough rank) build new cities or conquer other peoples' cities.

Hate the advertisements for it. At first, they were relating to the game. Knight shouting, the game name, etc.

Now, they have... inappropriate things. Now, they have women posing nude (and sometimes topless) with the small word "Evony" in the corner. In big letters they say "Come play with me, my lord." Wow.

Just now, as of a few minutes ago, I saw a new ad. It had four cities, unaligned (unlike in the game), and the "owners" were girls. They had little talk bubbles above them saying "Join my alliance," "Join me, and fight together," etc. At the end of the advertisement, it said, in big words, no joke, "There are 6 million girls playing on line right now. Find someone to play with today!"

>.>

I am doing this, mainly because I've heard from numerous sources that these ads are popping up all over the place... and no one likes them...

Have you seen any ads where you'd least expect them?
Last edited by Lt. Voss on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

AsterisK

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Re: Evony

Piratebay had nothing else in forever.
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:33 pm

I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Er... I don't see me saying pooping... ;)

I'll think about that.

And as for it not being assumed... most games that have advertisements have advertisements that somewhat accurately portray the game. EVE Online: It has spaceships. The Game? Spaceships. They don't have adverts that not only stray from what the game contains, but try to sell it off as something completely far-fetched and... wrong. Evony (and I found out, Foxy, that it is simply a Civ copy, but browser based and free >.>) has no girls (by that I mean there are no NPCs that are female that you "compete" over), and... er... topless women are just... way out there.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:31 am

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:01 am

Hell, I even saw some Evony ads on KoRx forums a while back. They're gone now though thanks to the admins doing a nice job deny some shitty ads :) Thanks guys.

But yeah, I've seen a lot of dumbass ads in my day.

"CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE THE 1,000,000th VISITOR! CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE APPLE iPAD!".
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:07 am

AB+ >_>

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:14 am

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:18 am

You forgot to post the link :(

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:33 pm

OMG OMG OMG NEWS!!!
i just saw a non-pervy evony ad!!!
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Here's one. I found it on a google search.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:08 pm

That's an old one.

Here's a few of the newer ones.

Tell me, right here, right now, that these are so innocent. (And for you pervs out there, I meant that they are there for no reason.)

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:28 am

Return to Games