[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Minecraft Strategies
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Minecraft Strategies

<<

Domingo

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:36 am

Minecraft Strategies

So, what do you do to succeed in MineCraft? Share your thoughts and successes (or even failures.)

As for me, I've found a better way to get rare ores than descending to lava and monster infested caves.

Instead of dedicating my time to building a house, thus far I've just stayed in my hidey-hole built into a hill. When monsters can't get in from the outside, it's time to go get some ore. I've used the "stair" mining method (which leaves a "staircase" to get back to the surface) and I've even hit the unminable bottom bedrock.

I've hit only 2 caves with NO monsters doing so, and in doing I've gotten the following ores/materials:

Coal
Flint
Gravel
Cobblestone
Dirt
Gold
Iron
Diamond
Redstone

Seriously, no monsters + amazing ores = success.

What do you do?
Back from the dead!
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:40 am

Re: Minecraft Strategies

I just got lucky. I don't really mine away, I really just look for natural caves, and this one natural cave by a lake (I built a dock) has gotten me about 10 full stacks of redstone, 20 full stacks of iron, 30 full stacks of coal, about 5 full stacks of obsidian, 15 diamonds, 3-6 gold, 8 full stacks of gravel, and 3 full stacks of flint. Just one natural cave. I haven't even finished mining everything in it yet.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Domingo

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:09 pm

Last edited by Domingo on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:13 pm

I've only found them in caves. They're scattered all over the place, they're near the bottom, and usually in dark places.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Um, yeah. The only way to get more minerals is to find natural caves...

I also recommenced that you make a house above ground. What i did was make this cool house with two stories to see out across the land, and a basement with a cave connecting it to my other house. :D

But i hardly play single player any more. You should go on kor's multilayer server at minecraft.knightsofreason.net . You would be amazed at what people have done. We have a mine cart system going way far north into a mountain with snow on top. Hopefully we'll see you there. (Hopefully we'll get the mods back too.)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Eagle

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:41 pm

I explore natural caves a lot, it's a lot of fun. When I find diamond, I make a chest to store it and then dig a 2x2 square mine for a long time in one direction. Diamond tends to be on the same level throughout the map.
-ex scientia vera-
<<

Sinister_Blade

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Location: On your head trying to not to look down. My will is weakening.

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Zomg this game is awesome.

I am gonna buy.

Of course no DRM ... so if anyone has it. ;)

Course i wanna support the game
Last edited by Sinister_Blade on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:18 am

Sinister, it doesn't really work like that. You have to log in if you want to play Multiplayer, and Singleplayer, you wouldn't get updates at all. Its much easier to just get the game, before the price goes up.

Anyway, I just kinda... Go with it. I never set out with any real idea in mind. I feel like that ruins the adventurous spirit of Minecraft. Honestly, more often than not, I just meander around.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:41 am

Most of my refuges are small, just there to stay hidden during the night. I'm thinking of adding a tunnel system to get to them all without going above ground (and faster travel: where was my mining house?).

<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:56 am

Or you can be a man and sprint through the army of Creepers, Spiders, Skellies, Zombies and Sheep that sand in your way.

Oh, didn't you know? SHEEP IS SPY.
<<

Domingo

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:58 am

I built a 3-story (not including roof) cobblestone house with two balconies and a fence surrounding it. I dug the ground around my house down so the house and a bit of land is standing 3 blocks above the rest (an arrow a day keeps the creepers away.)

I'm keeping my old hidey-hole (BATCAVE) but it's now just my mine.
Back from the dead!
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:28 pm

I'll probably make a house in the open, dig a 2x2 moat around it, and fill it with lava. Getting out will entail going through a tunnel underground. The sides of the tunnel will be glass so you can see the lava. A ladder will bring you back up, about 15 blocks away.

Return to Games