[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Minecraft - BetterLight (Was AmbientOcclusion)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Minecraft - BetterLight (Was AmbientOcclusion)

<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:18 am

Minecraft - BetterLight (Was AmbientOcclusion)

This is just a really neat little patch-y thing that I've been using for some time now, but forgot to share. I know one of you is already using it (I think) but I'm not sure who else might be, so I figured I'd link and screenshot it. I have no comparison screens, but I'm sure that you avid Minecraft players will immediately spot the difference. The addition of soft lighting over cuboid surfaces is just absolutely stunning.

I really like the effect it gives. Also, the texture pack is cool. :D

THE CREEPER SCARED THE @^#$ OUT OF ME.

I hadn't seen it yet, and was wandering around the darker ends of my caves. I turn around, and that sucker was silently staring at me from like, two inches away, THEN it hissed and asploded at me. This is another one, which dropped from the sky and damaged itself, going into that DERP-I'M-HELPLESS mode their AI does when it thinks its behind a wall.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: Minecraft - BetterLight (Was AmbientOcclusion)

What's that texture pack called (link)? And where do you put it to activate it?
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Well, see, its a 32x32 texture pack, so you'll need and the texture pack, . The BetterLight Link, before I forget, is
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks. Are there instructions that go with it?
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:24 pm

On the pages I linked.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:35 am

Thanks Pale.

I've used everything you provided except for the better light (didn't understand the instructions) and now I love minecraft more.
Last edited by Lt. Voss on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Games