[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Free Weekends/Free Games
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Free Weekends/Free Games

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:01 am

Free Weekends/Free Games

Trying to make this more orginized, I decided to make a thread here on the free/limited time games.

Starting out this topic, this weekend on Steam: There is a Free To Play Weekend for . Not sure how many people will still play this though. I still do anyway.

There is even a achievement: "- New achievement: "Good Guy Nick - Plays games with free weekend players and helps them survive a campaign."
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:06 am

Re: Free Weekends/Free Games

i have it on Xbox360 and at the time when this was out my computer sucked balls.
so not much point me buying it, but i might play the free weekend just to try it with a mouse.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:36 am

You can play this game with the Xbox 360 controller. There's even a added menu control support for it now to make it more simple to access for Steam's: "Big Picture" feature.

Though in game you will have to set up the control layout for the controller and I'm not sure if there's even still left out controls such as voting.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Does anyone have it free this weekend? I kinda want the achievement lol
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:49 pm

"Metro" last online 21 days ago.

and i'll be playing it free. just to see what it's like on PC.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:07 pm

My computer sucks too much to run any Steam games at 1920 x 1080. So I don't really play computer games much now :-/
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Why are you playing at 1920x1080 if you can't run it? Why not lower your resolution?
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Because I have a 1080p monitor, and I've tried to do this and it just looks horrible. Most of the games barely ran on my 1024x1280 monitor.
Although some games can get away with it, and those games I still play.

Other games make me rejoice on the inside because of how awesomely they run, like Tremulous lol.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 am

In celebration of DICE's 10th annevesry and 2 million premium members...

Copies of Battlefield 1942 are being given away! Grabs yours right now though Origin!
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Ugh, I hate Windows. I don't feel like downloading Origin in my Windows environment just to get an outdated version of the game for free :-/
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:46 pm

There's a promotion going on and free copies of Metro 2033 are being given away by using a redeem code via applicatons. Facebook account maybe required to access the page application.

There is no sign up or any personal information required. Simply click on "Redeem" will be required in order to download the game.

Metro Last Light is announced to be released in Spring 2013

Announcement

I was able to get the link for one copy of the game on my computer but I couldn't access the page on another computer in my house. Possibly a IP allowance limit or limited to the people on a time period subscribed to "Metro 2033 The Video Game" page on Facebook.
Last edited by MeatWad490 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:25 pm

thanks for that Meat, woo free stuff!!

p.s
where do people find out about this free game stuff (like how did you know about it)
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Muchas Cracias, Meat!
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm subscribed to a lot of company newsletters and I would often get good deals on a things that catch my interest.

I purchased the game before the Metro 2033 free giveaway started and finished it. It's a nice story line and I have yet to order the book which came before the video game.
<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:53 pm

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/duke_nukem_ ... ic_edition

Get your duke nukem 3d for free, bro.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:51 pm

is having a free weekend! for those of you who have Steam you can downloading right now today if you always have been curious about it. It's a massive 11 Gb download though.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Both Milk and I ended up buying that game after the free weekend. It's amazing!
I contemplated it for like 2 days though, lol.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:15 am

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:44 am

>25 october 2012

he probably mixed up x and y, though, unless he has his display rotated (which, mind you, some people do).

also
>14:10, 15:10, 15:9
>common ratios

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:26 am

Just a head's up for all of you guys,
Left 4 Dead 2 is free. All you have to do is download it, play it once, and it's yours forever! :)

Return to Games