[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Hearthstone
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hearthstone

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Hearthstone

anyone play it?
i just got an invite to the closed beta. even though it's supposed to be going open beta this month.
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Hearthstone

I've been in the closed beta for awhile now. I don't play it all that much.

I love it though.
Image Image
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:16 pm

I got in.

it is fun.

unless your playing against a guy who's deck is 1/2 legendaries. which always seems to be the case now.
"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:37 pm

well don't play ranked then?
Arena and casual modes are fun too ya know!
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:18 am

thought i'd show you guys a couple of my hearthstone screenshots!
Attachments
Hearthstone_Screenshot_1.4.2014.12.31.39.png
my best arena run, 9 wins in a row!
Hearthstone_Screenshot_1.13.2014.11.59.45.png
first legendary card, worked pretty well in my mage deck.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:11 pm

i was just playing a ranked game, i was mage vs a priest.
i got lucky and drew nat pagle and was going second so i got him out first turn and his effect went off giving me an extra card.
but the ass had a shadow word pain and killed it instantly but i already got a card out of him so i didn't care much.
i was winning most game with him getting barely any minions out and i was maintaining control.
then he pulls out a thought steal and takes 2 cards from my deck, i have no clue what the 2nd was but he managed to pull one of my mirror image giving him 2 0/2 taunts.
then next turn he plays a legendary, Cairne bloodhoof, which i instantly get rid of by using polymorph (he was so pissed).
then i wiped out the minions he did have left with a flamestrike.
after that it was basically game over, i had 2 fireballs, frostbolt and a pyro blast in my hand (totaling 25 damage) as well as a mirror entity and a bolder fist ogre 6/7 out on the field.
then he goes and pulls a mind vision that copies 1 card from my hand, and the unlucky sod copies my mirror entity.
mirror entity is a secret that activates when an opponent plays a minion, i had none in my hand lols!
so next turn i fireball him and hit him with my ogre taking him to 8 health, next turn he has nothing left and i pyro blast him for the win.

it was way more epic than i describe, it was so fucking cool tho.
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:59 am

I suppose we should be sharing battle tags.

Pbhead#1577

DO you all disenchant cards when you can? or do you save them?

I DEed 4 abusive sergeant because they got changed. And a golden defender of Argus for 800 dust woo woo woo.

Literally. I have no defenders, no darkirons, no abusives, no blood imps, and no unleash the hounds.

Because I think it is worth the dust now, and because I always know I will get more later when they are not worth as much.

I just hope the screw with inner fire a little bit. I have 6 of those... >_>

I also have not crafted a single card, even though I have almost 3200 dust. My min/maxing tendancies are telling me, "dont you dare craft a single card until you have enough dust to craft EVERY card you are missing! Because you will smack yourself hard if you make a rag, and then open one in the next pack!".
"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:24 pm

well i haven't bought any packs, so i'm playing purely off gold.
i DEed 2 flame imps when they changed them, and i made a druid of the claw.
this was just after i started playing, i have gotten rid of a few duplicates but then i realized it would be better to wait and see if the card gets changed and get all that extra dust.

and i forgot what my tag is, i'll check later when i play.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:21 am

wow, i just had the closest game ever!

i started an arena run, picked priest, got quite a bad lot of cards tbh.
did manage to get a legendary Ragnros and an epic Faceless manipulator.

1st game i get matched against another priest.
this guy has me right out the gate, 3 creatures out by turn 3 while i only managed to get 1 out.
constantly pounding my face with his creatures as i desperately try to slow him down.

so then main event, i'm down to 11 health and he's used shadowform (turning his hero skill into "deal 2 damage instead of healing")
he's out of cards and is top decking things, i have a faceless manipulator, boulderfist ogre, venture co mercenary and ragnaros in my hand.
he has a gurubashi berserker and a footman out (2/7 and 1/2 taunt) i draw a mind control and take his berserker evening out the playing field.
next turn he plays an ironfur grizzly and doubles it's health making ti a 3/6.
i play ragnaros in the hopes it's ability will kill the bear, sadly it deals the 8 damage to his face instead taking him down to 15 life and i'm on 6 life.
he's desperate now, plays out his lava golem and cleric and hits me in the face again taking me down to 4 life.

i draw nothing that can stop the golem 8/8, i'll be dead next turn unless the ragnaros kills it, but then i remember i have a faceless manipulator in my hand and i could double my chance of killing the golem.
so i end my turn, 1 rag fires and hits his him in the face 7life remaining, second one fires and BAM hits him in the face and wins me the game.
it was so lucky, there were 3 targets and both of them hit the same one, i would have lost if either rag had hit the cleric instead of the golem.
this dude must've been raging so much he didnt even say well played or threaten me.
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:46 am

Last Arena run I got a Tirion Fordring. That is a fun card. Only went 6-3, but seriously considering crafting one for constructed.
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:54 am

I killed someone by turn three yesterday. Will give details when I get home from class. Also will give battle tag.
Image Image
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:01 pm

well i'm guessing im on the EU server, so i dont think i can share mine anyway.
because EU, US split.
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:00 pm

I don't remember how blizzard does it for hearthstone.

Anyways. TURN BY TURN ACTION

Initial Card Draw and Order coin toss: I get to go second and draw all my highest minions in the deck so I return my four cards to the deck. I get Arcane Intellect, Pyroblast, and two fireballs and I think I am just utterly screwed.

Turn 1: I draw a Kobold Geomancer and both of us play nothing.
Turn 2: I draw a Bloodmage Thalnos (Cause legendary bitch!) and Play it. He plays Nothing.
Turn 3: He plays Millhouse Manastorm. I draw a Dalaran Mage. I Play the Kobold Geomancer. I now have +2 to all spell damage on the field. I use Arcane Intellect, draw Arcane Intellect and Frostbolt. Use Arcane Intellect again and draw Ice lance and Arcane Missiles. I then use Frostbolt to freeze him and deal 5 Damage. Ice lance then deals 6 Damage. Then two fireballs hit for 8 damage each. He's taken 27 damage. Pyroblast to finish it off with an overkill of 9 damage.

Also, battle tag- Raynor#1830
Image Image
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:27 pm

wow seriously? this guy played a millhouse manastorm against a mage?
was he retarded?
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:00 pm

<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:44 pm

lol well I'll re-add you then.
Image Image
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:22 am

i just had quite an epic game with my priest arena deck.

i was matched against another priest, i went second.
i had master swordsmith and pintsized summonr in my hand, first turn i coin and play summoner.
second turn i play master swordsmith and power word shield on the summoner.
next turn all i have is an acidic swamp ooze but still pounding on him because he had nothing.
then he summons an acolyte of pain and power word shields on it, so i summon a booty bay bodyguard.
he inner fires on the acolyte making it a 5/5 and kills my bodyguard, and then he summons a argent commander and kills my summon.
next turn i can't really remember, i think i used inner fire on my swordsmith and sumoned an ooze.
he uses his commander to kil my sword smith so now i have a 3/4 gnome(forgot the name) and an ooze.
he summons a lord of the arena so i play my spellbreaker to silence it and hit him with my other 2 creatures taking him down to 2 life.
he uses (that card that takes 2 cards from opponents deck) and i think he grabbed a holy nova, because he kills my spellbreaker with his lord then holy nova's to kill my slime and heal himself back up to 4.
he as quite the card advantage on me as i only have 3 cards in hand and 1 on the field but he has a hand of 6.
but it doesnt matter because i have ragnaros in my hand, so i use the gnome to kill his lord and summon ragnros. GG.

my stories are always so long and i bet they don't read as epic as they felt.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:44 pm

saved up 600 gold to buy packs. first pack i open i get my 2nd legendary King Mukla.
next 5 give crap :(
Attachments
Hearthstone_Screenshot_2.19.2014.10.04.11.png
legendary and a rare.
(925.23 KiB) Downloaded 1272 times
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:08 am

had 155 gold, so i decided to do an arena run.
got mage and a really well built deck surprisingly.
went 11-3, best i've ever gotten! prizes were a golden loot hoarder, preditions blade, 205 gold and a card pack obviously.
if anyone actually bothers to read the thread and wants to see my arena deck i'll upload the screenshot i took
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:10 pm

recently found some real life friends who do hearthstone.

I trounced them all. :D
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:10 pm

I went 2-3 in an arena run.

which sucked.

but I opened a Leeroy Jenkins.

And let me tell you.

Leeroy jenkins hit for six shadowstep Leeroy jenkins hit for six shadowstep Leeroy jenkins cold bloodx2 hit for 14

Is fun. as. hell.
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:32 pm

<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Oh are we doing this game too?

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:47 am

screw you pale, all the gold i get i spend on packs, and it still refuses to give me a good legendary.
nat pagel was good until the mega nerf, and mukla isn't all that great.
i'd rather have an acolyte of pain or a novice engineer in my deck over pagel now.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:21 am

Is this game worth getting into? And does it cost money? If so, how much?
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:20 pm

metro, its free to play. with the option of paying to buy card packs and/or Arena tickets.
but you don't have to, you get a quest each day that lets you earn gold (packs cost 100, arena runs cost 150, daily quest can be between 40 and 100 gold)
you also earn 10 gold for every 3 wins to a maximum of 100 gold a day- 30 wins a day.

though it may help a LOT to buy a bunch of packs with real money early on, if you play it for a few months you will probably be able to earn the gold to buy the packs anyway.
theres also a Dust system where you disenchant your card and it turns into dust, which you can then use to make any other card.
but this is normally not worth it since disenchanting only gives like 1/4 of the cards cost.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Cool.
Is the gameplay fun? What's it like? Is it just like Magic?
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:12 pm

If you know Magic, it's a similar system but you don't have to play mana, you just gain one "crystal" per turn, and there's nothing that's instant-speed. You play everything on your turn then the opponent takes their turn.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:37 am

honestly i give up on hearthstone.
every game, EVERY GAME, someone who is clearly using a decklist.

it used to be fun to play people who made their own decks, but now it's just constant spam of the same decks.
knife juggler spam, hunter unleash the hounds spam.
and to make everything worse everyone seems to have a legendary or more in their decks and it's always the good ones like ragnaros, hogger, cairne.
fucking ragnaros is used so fucking much and it's alwyas in the same type of deck.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:13 pm

The only reason I play ranked is to get 150 gold to play Arena again. Arena is the most fun I've had in a card game in ages.

Also you guys should add me, I'm Quotation#1220 on Battle.net
Next

Return to Games