[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Warframe
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Warframe

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:22 am

Warframe

I just recently started playing like a couple days ago (start of the week I believe) and so far, while the grind to level/rank up is a bit tough/long, I've been having quite a bit of fun with it, and I'd assume I'd have even more fun if I had people to play with. When I saw it supported clans, and that clans had an actual purpose with things to do rather than simply adding a tag to your name, like building up your "dojo" which will open up new opportunities and research/upgrade new weapons and frames with it all being funded (resource wise) by the clan members, I thought it too good to be true.

Basically what I'm getting at here is how many of you play/played Warframe? It's been ages since I've done anything with you guys, even so much as posting on the forums (life tends to do that), so I thought, "Hm. This game is fun and free to play, and if my crap computer can play it than most anyone else can too, why not ask?" Maybe if you'd like we can get a match or three going. Oh, my name's Dynerman in the game; I wonder if I can change to something a little more familiar, like LtVoss or something.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Warframe

I played it waaaaaay back when it first came out, grinding is a pet peeve of mine so i quit pretty soon after starting.

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:38 pm

Yeah I could do without the ridiculous grinding, but I'm just glad to have found a free-to-play game that you don't have to drop a single penny on (if you do the aforementioned grinding). Plus it's fun to slide around on my butt all day.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:30 am

I've played the game a ton, I've got almost all the frames the only one I don't have is the newest rock one. Its a lot more fun once you start to get some of the more op weapons and combos since you start doing the super hard missions instead of the grinding ones.
Image Image
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:46 am

I think I'll keep playing League :P
But I played Warframe on PS4. It was kinda fun, until I got overwhelmed by the confusing universe that didn't make sense.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:35 pm

What do you mean the confusing universe that didn't make sense? In terms of lore it's pretty understated.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:30 pm

You start out in the middle of nowhere as a nonhuman (I think?), being resurrected by some alien, and being chased by other weird looking aliens. Saying you're the last of your kind or something like that. And in my hours of gameplay that never got explained... So I said screw it and stopped playing.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:42 pm

What I got lore-wise from the "story-mode" was that I am a "Tenno" some kind of ancient(?) galactic peace-keeping group that's been asleep/hybernating/stasis/whatever for a while.

And that's already leaps and bounds over what other free to play games will give you. At least it has some kind of story mode to teach you the ropes and not just an overblown tutorial. And, please forgive me if I'm rude in asking this, but you stopped playing an MMO because the introductory tutorial missions didn't explain much in detail?

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Because the story is a large part of why I enjoy games, and I just couldn't get over it for some reason. I kept asking questions that weren't answered.
Plus, it was super grindy and I could immediately pick up on the pay to win elements.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:38 pm

While I don't necessarily understand your gripes with the story (or lack of one, in this case) in an MMO, I do perfectly understand the problem with the grind. Admittedly I've not been playing non-stop lately, but I play a few games every day (mostly to claim my daily items and XP and stuff), and I've only been creeping toward rank 3 for the past week. I did get a huge boost when I played a survival mission (basically, a mode where you stay alive as long as possible against harder and harder enemies, and every 5 minutes you get an item, usually a weapon/suit mod) with a few random people for about 35 minutes.

That's really why I wanted to know who plays or played it. It supports a clan system that is more than just adding a tag to your name; you get a dojo to research new tech and weapons (where every clan member chips in for resources). It's got easy to learn, somewhat difficult to master gameplay (mostly centered around when to go for it and when to hang back, not so much understanding mechanics). If we joined up, the grind would be faster, and everyone would benefit from it.

<<

superphulous

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:39 pm

I play off and on just slowly working on my clan dojo - im only person in the clan XD name is supephulous if you wanna add me
<( " )>
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 pm

Is that without the 'r'? 'supephulous' or was that a typo?

<<

superphulous

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:35 pm

ya in warframe its without the r :cry: it was a typo and i hit confirm before i realised i spelt it wrong
<( " )>

Return to Games