[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Need a friend?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need a friend?

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Need a friend?

Lt., maybe I can be of some assistance.
Lay off! You aren't in love (don't mean to be harsh, but I have never been in love with a girl either), love is not a FEELING, it is a COMMITMENT! And, like most teenagers, you hunger for a relationship with a girl, even though you are not ready for a commitment. I say (you may not), IF you are not ready to marry a person, don't date. I mean, whats the point? If you say you want pleasure (feelings, sex, or just want to be with someone), then you will just be hurt more, because eventually, that relationship will break off, and you will be heart-broken.

Listen or not, but at least I tried.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:01 pm

I WAS ready (as ready as a "minor" could be) to marry that girl last year. I KNOW that love isn't a feel- wait... love IS an emotion, therefore, it is a feeling... and I loved her. Of course, more than always, I love the women who don't share the same feelings. It sucks... do you even know how much that hurts, Naz?! *Goes into blind rage** DO YOU?! *tears stream from my eyes* I HATE YOU IF THAT'S HOW YOU FE- *gets smacked in the back of the head by his friend who's supposed to be finishing his project* Ow.

*I consider myself mentally insane/emotionally insane.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:46 pm

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:49 pm

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Ugh, I meant it hurt me that you'd say that! :twisted: feel like lighting everyone on my street up.

And wow... she was NOT the hottest in the class, in fact, she was rather plain. I really ha... nevermind, I'd be flamebaiting.

In any case, /joke I hate black people. Lucky for them, I hate everyone else the same. I'm NOT racist, just anti-social.

/on-topic Just looked in the mirror. I look like hell.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:39 pm

people are shallow. Nuff said.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:27 am

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:33 am

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:28 am

Here's a quote for you, Voss. Hope it helps you out.

"Love is not a feeling; happiness is a feeling. Love is not an emotion; anger is an emotion. Love is not a state; Confusion is a state. Love can include feeling and emotion and leave you in a state, but love is, at heart, a decision. Love sees the imperfections, sins, and failings and says, 'I still choose to love you'"
- Mark Hart
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:34 am

No offence metro but I fundamentally disagree with that quote in ways that would take a couple of paragraphs to explain.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:39 am

I don't take it for truth. I just found it on a YouTube video comment XD
I thought it might help, idk.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:07 am

If, metro, that has ANY truth at all to it... I can't stop thinking about her... this is really hard to convey over the Internet, but truly I did... I am literally shaking in sadness (drawing some strange looks from my classmates) because I both loved her and hatED you for not even believing.

/on topic Still look like hell. Maybe I should consult a psychiatrist.

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:09 pm

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:10 pm

I dunno, I've begun hearing like 11 voices (and one tries to be French, making it 12 "voices" in my head) in my head.

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:49 am

Last edited by Faced00d on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:35 am

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:36 pm

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Uhhh NEVER take a a list of side effects/causes of prescription as a diagnosis.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:03 pm

They do, though, provide an accurate, if not 100%, way to find out what you have. Say Benedril says if you cough twice every five hours, but you cough once one hour, none for the next for hours, but four times over the next five hrs, etc, you still take it. (I know Benedril is an allergy med, but keep up with me)

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm saying this for your own sake, you can GIVE YOURSELF the problems by thinking you have them.
And you just compared a controlled drug to an over the counter drug, thats like comparing paintball to real guns.

I would really love to link the proof I have, but alas can't seem to locate the relevant information.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Faceless... I was just, you know, providing an EXAMPLE. I didn't really think Benedril compared to something, say Vicadin (OTC?).

Meh. Well, I stopped thinking about anything, but, I guess I was unintentionally making up the whole shadows. I truly am paranoid, that much I do know. I always feel like someone is watching me. Or stalking me. Either way...

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:51 pm

I could really use a friend right now...
You know when you were a kid (if you're not now), and you had those... "Talks" with your parents, and all they do is criticize you? Well, I just had one, and I feel like shit.
To make it worse, I can't seem to get VIP Moderator in KoRx...
They were talking about how I'm not doing anything, and generally yelling at me for not doing chores, etc.
And I'm very sad about how my dad spends more time on his computer than he does spending time with me... I've always had to come to him to ask him if he wants to spend time with me. From as long as I'm old enough to remember, never has he never comes to me and asked if I want to have some fun times with him. Most of the time he's too busy on his computer...
I'm very sad right now...

Also: Great. I've just lost 25$ worth of allowance. PM me and ask me why if you really want to know how.
Last edited by Metroidude on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Metro... I've had that feeling... to a lesser degree... sort of. My dad has started yeeling at me for not being perfect, not doing anything to his standards. He also spends more time on his laptop than with family in general, except for dinner. He switches from going to the garage and smoking/playing to the bathroom pissing/playing. Rarely is he ever out and with us. Yet he yells at me for being on the comp too long. Oh well.

Join the club of 0.000000001% abusive/neglective parents, Metro. (Not really abuse, nor neglect... well maybe it might be neglect).

<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:11 pm

A report of teen or child abuse is made every ten seconds worldwide. About half are legitimate.

Its a much higher percentage than that. And if it's serious, and you're not just being delicate, there's a number you can call to remove yourself from the situation.

As for my own problems, in case anyone's wondering why I've not been as active as normal on Tremulous... Well, its standard teenage melodrama, save for the fact that I know its melodrama.

I'm in a relationship, and three months ago, in the middle of the relationship, I could have said I loved her, and it would have been the truth. I was completely ready to spend the rest of my life with her. But now... I don't know. I still enjoy hanging out with her, but I can't say "I love you" to her without feeling a pang of guilt. I can't say it truthfully because its no longer true. I no longer love her in the way she wants me to love her. But, my real problem lies in the fact that she truly loves me; its akin to adoration. And I just can't bear to tell her no. I feel like I have a choice, between my happiness, and hers... And I can't bring myself to ruin her happiness, as much a lie as it is. I'm too nice of a guy. I want to tell her, but I don't have the heart. I steel myself up, but then the way her face brightens up from her sour grumble when she sees me in the morning when I get off the bus... My resolve doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell.

I know, its probably just teenage drama-y angst, but, I don't think I can make myself give up her happiness for my own.
Last edited by ThePaleRecluse on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Typo, then posting my own wah-wah problems.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Uh, this isn't child abuse. Far from it. They're teaching me "Life lessons" that they say I'll need later in life. Thanks though.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Was referring to Voss's post, actually. But thats good to hear.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:37 pm

I am feeding the melodrama troll.

Pale, I'm sorry to hear that. Man, that must feel horrible... er... I mean... I'll stop now.

It's hard enough to say "I love you" as it is, but when you eventually lose interest... it's even harder. I've never gone through what you are now, seeing as how nerd =/= "safe to date," but I've heard my friends, some of them very close to me, tell me about it, and I guess it's my creativity, but I always feel... like a pain, or compression, is going on where my heart is.

With my 0.0001% experience with this type of thing, all I can say is use your head; come up with a way to softly just be friends. Of course, easier said than done, but hey. Can't hurt to try.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:02 pm

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:10 pm

<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:51 pm

I will argue Metro's 3 endings idea.

I may or may not be alone for the rest of my life, but for the sake of the argument we will assume that I will not.
Due to the above rule, I will not break up or be broken up with by the hypothetical partner.
I will never marry.

Marriage is not a necessary thing. If you want to be together with someone for the rest of your lives, you can do so without linking your debts and finances together.

As for the other part of your post Metro, I have this to say;
When I find a person that I think has potential to be a friend, I try to be friends with them. If I find a person that I think has potential to be more than a friend, I avoid all contact with them, since illogical infatuation is not a good basis for a relationship. I think there is some truth to your argument that it is a process [friend -> better friend -> more than friend], but it is not an all-encompassing rule.
Last edited by BigWimply on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to General