[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Need a friend?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need a friend?

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Need a friend?

I am feeding the melodrama troll.

Pale, I'm sorry to hear that. Man, that must feel horrible... er... I mean... I'll stop now.

It's hard enough to say "I love you" as it is, but when you eventually lose interest... it's even harder. I've never gone through what you are now, seeing as how nerd =/= "safe to date," but I've heard my friends, some of them very close to me, tell me about it, and I guess it's my creativity, but I always feel... like a pain, or compression, is going on where my heart is.

With my 0.0001% experience with this type of thing, all I can say is use your head; come up with a way to softly just be friends. Of course, easier said than done, but hey. Can't hurt to try.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:02 pm

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:10 pm

<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:51 pm

I will argue Metro's 3 endings idea.

I may or may not be alone for the rest of my life, but for the sake of the argument we will assume that I will not.
Due to the above rule, I will not break up or be broken up with by the hypothetical partner.
I will never marry.

Marriage is not a necessary thing. If you want to be together with someone for the rest of your lives, you can do so without linking your debts and finances together.

As for the other part of your post Metro, I have this to say;
When I find a person that I think has potential to be a friend, I try to be friends with them. If I find a person that I think has potential to be more than a friend, I avoid all contact with them, since illogical infatuation is not a good basis for a relationship. I think there is some truth to your argument that it is a process [friend -> better friend -> more than friend], but it is not an all-encompassing rule.
Last edited by BigWimply on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Last edited by Metroidude on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Thats kinda why I fell so far into the relationship before realizing this. There was no "Will you go out with me" moment, it just sort of happened.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:42 pm

I feel bitter enough to be breaking down right now. I just had a good friend hate me for a ridiculous reason. I just sent a youtube song and I get blocked.

You know what,
scratch that, I'm nothing but a fucking asshole to everyone.
Last edited by MeatWad490 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Go PM him a lot of times and make it work? xD

EDIT: :o nvm
Last edited by Saturn on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:23 pm

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:55 am

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:22 am

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:13 am

Its not my type of music, but its pretty good. Was it a male friend or female friend?

So to sum it up you got blocked for saying "hi I miss you a lot, hope you're doing well though" <-- more or less.
Gah, doesn't sound like much of a friend, but I can't say more cuz I don't know what the relationship is or history... :-/
Hope s/he stops being a dick/bitch.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:04 pm

I know that this thread was for unsolved friend-needing situations, but this seems like the best place, especially since they won't stop.

Backstory: A while ago, about a week, I got into a big fight with my mom. She started saying that I caused all the problems, and that I was always wrong about doing things to my sister (hitting, name-calling... the usual big brother). I started shouting that nothing I did was ever good enough for them (mom and dad), and that they always said it was MY fault for everything that went wrong (involving my sister).

Effect: I didn't know it at first, but since that fight, I've had recurring nightmares about me going camping with my mom and dad. It would always start raining, so we'd get in the car and drive home. In the middle of the woods, I was thrown out of the car and fell into mud. The car sped off. I run in search of shelter, always finding the same cave. Always finding the same bear and his family. The next day, I'd hunt, feed their family, become a part of it, and eventually start riding atop the bear, like a horse. A few days later, my family would come with a girl I like and have her tell me to come home. I'd always say that I couldn't, and she'd come with me. My dad would appear out of the bushes and raise a gun, to which I said "I can't let you do that." He says he has to, raises it, aims, then I shoot him in the arm with the bow, speed off on the bear with the girl I like.

Well, last night, my mom and I talked, and we are now on better, if not good, terms. Or so I thought.

After-Effect: I've still been having the same dream, except, now, instead of being thrown from the car, I'm hanging on (they left without me) to the windows and the bar on top, and someone cuts off my fingers. The bear treats the wounds, and I still ride it, save for it doing the hunting. It's the same until the end, when the girl comes (Julia's her name). She asks me to come home, I ask if they (pointing to the bear and his family) can come too. She says yes. She climbs on the mother bear, and we ride side by side. We go by the car, and I give my dad an angry look, and ride in front of the car, moving slowly. We get home, I put the bears into the wooded area by my house, and then my parents force me to go back to school. We aren't rich, so we can't afford artificial fingers. I get to school, unable to write with a pencil or type on a computer. I fail my classes, and my parents yell at me for not doing anything perfect. I sit in my room, crying and staring at my finger-less hands. I still have thumbs, whoopee. Then I pick up a knife, and the dream always ends before I... commit suicide.

What's wrong with me? :cry:
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Um. Okay, wading into this odd, odd metaphor, I suggest first, a professional psychologists. Even the one at your school. They're much more qualified than we are to help.

Second, have you told anyone about this besides the internet? Because actually talking to someone, face-to-face, can seriously help with these types of problems. I know from personal experience that it helps. Which sorta goes alongside One.

Three, I definitely think this is some really deep-seated issue. As much as I would like to help, I can't. I don't have the knowledge, nor the right, to attempt to discern what may or may not be causing them. This is a deeply personal matter, and not something that should be discussed over the internet with more-or-less strangers.

I recommend seeing your school psychologist. Don't start off the bat with this, just get to know him/her. Slowly work in that you've been having some problems, emphasize that you don't think they're anything major, but just want a second opinion.
<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Man, I wish I had dreams as vivid as that...
The last dream I had was really odd, and I have no control over anything, even myself.
My last dream started off when I was walking into a cathedral (who knows why) and I was slipping and falling everywhere because my shoes were wet and I eventually fell of a balcony into the foyer, go up, went into the pew, sat down and the clergy started serving burgers... :? ... I ate them and left... No control whatsoever. Wonder what it could mean......
Voss, I have a hard time believing the dreams mean anything but that you have awesome dreams.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:38 pm

I hardly dream anymore except the ones of getting killed. My last dream was about I was driving on the freeway with my fathers GMC truck. Then it drove off the edge of the free way all I could remember was falling down in the and waking up before I hit the ground.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Is it awesome if you have it everyday? Is it awesome, if you're trying to have fun, and then it suddenly pops up?!

I have no control over it. It happens the same way over and over. I can't change it.

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:41 pm

not awesome... I think its a result of getting close deaths by damn cars on the way to school back and forth.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:42 pm

You always dream.. You just don't remember what you dreamed.

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:50 pm

the latest dream i can remember was,
i was in my bathroom upstairs with all my family (don't know why) and one of our rabbits was there, and she decided to jump out the window.
it's a really high window btw, then i can't remember anything between that, then somehow i'm in the kitchen near the back door saying we need to go rescue her, and for some reason there are a ton of snakes all over the place, and i was like "look there's a cobra" and for some reason we found a baby rabbit on the door step.

and thats all i remember. now that is one weird ass dream.

oh and another one i remember was, the zombie apocalypse happened, and i was in a mall. and i was on a jet ski, then i was in some back room in the mall where the zombies couldn't get, then will smith turned up and was controlling the zombies and made them all go away, then the military came in and was clearing it all up.
and i was like FUCK i couldn't steal anything good or take some money. and then i was in a book shop talking with 3 women about a book then the zombies reappeared and got out of the mall and i was like crap and ran home.
so i started to block my front door when 2 evil dudes tried breaking in, so i grabbed the 2 sharpest knives in the drawer and got ready to attack, but when i tried to stab or slice the knife either bounced off or did little more than a paper cut.
so i closed the kitchen door and shoved the fridge in front of it, then some military dude was like, you need to hide on the 2nd floor in the reactor room.
and then, i went upstairs and started to walk around and be like oshit oshit oshit it happened, it's the end of the world.

then i woke up... and went back to sleep lol.

what does that mean?
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Means you're worried about the world ending. It's common amongst humans. It's human nature to predict/fear the end of the world.

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:38 am

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:49 am

Last edited by Robmanx on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:27 am

I know I'm not.
REM stand for rapid eye movment - its how we know someone is dreaming.
I go for extended periods with no eye movment, I don't know how deep the slepp is, but I'm not concious.
Anyway, I'll refrien from taking this further off topic.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Man, you people dream tame dreams. O_o

Myself, the last really vivid dream I recall...

I believe I woke up in my room at around noon, but when I went to exit my room, I found my mother in the next room, cutting apart my four brothers with a hatchet and sewing them back together, but in odd configurations; my fathers torso with my youngest brothers limbs attached, or the youngest's torso with my fathers arms and no legs. My mother led them in an assault against me, swinging at me with the hatchet. I proceeded to retreat to my bedroom, holding them off in the doorway with an aluminum bat. However, whenever I felled one, my mother would simply sew up another amalgamated horror to combat me. I believe the dream went on for about four or five hours, at the end of which I broke through my family long enough for me to get several swings at my mother, managing to disarm her and kill her with her own hatchet. The eeriest bit about the whole thing was the lack of sound. Just my heartbeat, my breathing, and the dull noises of a bat hitting flesh.

The dream hasn't had any noticeable effect on me yet, and I had it a few weeks ago.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:43 pm

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:16 am

...topic.
Metro made a , use that one.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:38 pm

True. Lets try and keep this as on-topic as possible. I rescind my prior post, and fail at attempting to relocate it to that thread.
<<

Flamer

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:13 am

Sorry about this post... But why am i looking at the avatars... and all i see are cats...
It's really getting... well Creepy.

Anyway... My cat died the other day, How ironic, eh?

~TREMULOUS K/D RATIO - 1.1 KILLS PER DEATH~
~ K/D RATIO - 0.99 KILLS PER DEATH~
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:41 am

Aaron is just using us to collectivley give you the finger.
(he changed all the avatars for caturday... more than a week ago).
PreviousNext

Return to General