[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Need a friend?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need a friend?

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:26 am

Re: Need a friend?

Actually, Flamer isn't off topic. His cat died recently (if he's telling the truth), and it kinda hurts him when he looks at all your cat avis. I mean, if you've lost something dear to you, and you see everything around you that reminds you of what you lost, then you will be more or less depressed. By depressed, I mean that you range from disappointed to anger.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Good point. My bad.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:58 pm

It's alright.

/on-topic

Well I guess I'm not an engineer. On Wednesday, we were told to design a phone using Autodesk Inventor. It was due today. I didn't finish it (Inventor is used by highly sophisticated and well learned engineers... not ninth graders). I got a zero. I also didn't turn in most of the other assignments involving Inventor. I got a 23 on one and a zero on the other. I went from a 72-74 to below a 60 in 1 minute. I feel scared and terrible.

Hell, I may go to a "smart" school, but seriously! A program that requires training to use... why are we using it as ninth graders! We didn't even COVER most of the things my teacher told us to put on the phone! Our instruction book is 2 years old! The interface isn't even CLOSE to what the book says it is! And we are expected to know how to do everything in an hour or so?!

But wait, there's more! Apparently, from what I've seen, I am the only person who doesn't understand using ANYTHING made by Autodesk. Everyone else finished their phones. Everyone else completed their assignments.

I thought I'd go to the school to learn what I wanted to: programming (guess why). But of course, my parents almost subtly forced me to get into the band program (as if 3 years weren't enough), because I had friends joining band. Next year I can take another class, i.e. programming. But guess what: My parents and I cannot wake up early enough to get to the school at the time the next slot is available, which is at 7:00 am. My mom wakes up at 6:25. She spends 35 mins getting my sister ready and prepped for school; and we barely make it to my home school to catch the transfer bus (this is if I miss the bus).

I feel terrible. Especially since my parents will kill me once they see my grades (doing better in physics. I have a 60 [going up] instead of a 52) in engineering. And then they'll yell at me. I also feel terrible because I KNOW what will happen once winter break comes; I'll be kicked out with all the other failures.

Maybe if I jump off a building I'll get my physics grade to an 80 by demonstrating gravity, as well as get an 80 in engineering by demonstrating the design flaws by not implementing railing. Not like anyone will miss me much (except this sort-of naive kid in my engineering class).
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:05 am

I've been thinking about this for a while since the last 2 weeks. Is there a such thing a shame for knowing someone that became your friend but with a messed up history?
I've known a lot of people during my times from middle school to highschool. I had one friend from a middle school die because he became a crackhead. I've never thought someone I known would pressure me to get on drugs. Few weeks later when I decided to stop haning out with him, he died in the middle of summer 2 years ago. He died in his bed. I wanted to go to his funeral but after hangng out with him, I thought I would make me look cruel. Just looking at his dead corpse.

Then there was thi girl with a screwed up past. Her name was crystal who had dozens of relationships. Guys and girls. Yeah she is bi, I saw her as a mistake I wish I've never talked to.we became somewhat friends last year but we all grow apart. One day she came u to me and asked if I was talking to anyone meaning if I was intrested in anybody. To be honest I felt kinda digusted when those words came from her, knowing all the things she done. a few days later in the moring around 6:50 am, I saw her with some other guy smooching all over her. I wasn't really surprised to see that. Somehow it kinda sadden me. I hate it when she hugs me. I was walking to the entrence with my friend leslie and she decided to hug me and say that her bousom (fail spell) are sore. I just thought what the hell? Anyway that's just part of it.

I just don't know what I'm thinking right now. There's been a lot of things happening around me going wrong. Now I just feel like I'm filled with shame sometimes when I'm alone.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:44 am

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:13 am

I'm not insane
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:14 am

Wow, that really stinks Meat. I think you should just tell her the truth about how you feel about her, she seems annoying and wants attention all the time. What could possibly go wrong if you told her you don't want to hang out with her?
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:19 pm

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:56 pm

I hate therapists, they're possibly the worse quacks in the medical field.
But anyway, I just been in a depressing mood. From aaron's response, I just think people don't like to hear about other peoples misery.
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:46 pm

To be blunt, thats self pity.
At no point in this thread has any one told someone to gtfo.
He was giving honest advice >.>
<<

The Vibrator

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Meat, I think Aaron has a point...going to the therapist could help you and that does not make you insane. It seems like a good plan before something goes even more wrong. Just my $0.02.. :)
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:22 am

bleh nvm -.- I'm not gonna see a quack.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 am

Therapists aren't 'quacks' Meatwad. I'll tell you this. Two of the four therapists I've seen in my lifetime were some of the coolest people I've ever met in my life. You calling them quacks just goes to show you how much you know about them.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:36 am

Heres a tip for anyone:
Don't let your pride get in the way of your own health.
Seeing a therapist does not make you weak or less manly or whatever. And therapists are often very kind, knowing people, as Aaron said.
I'm trying to be against any form of pride keeping you from doing things.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Ugh this sucks. I threw up on Christmas at 8 PM. Then I was dry heaving all night.
The next morning came the shits. Now I've been stuck in bed for the past 48 hours, unable to enjoy my weekend or the first few days after Christmas :cry:
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Well, that blows hard. PM me your address, I'll bring you a blanket, some soup, a movie, and an ice pack.

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:17 am

As some of you know and most of you found out, I have a new girlfriend!!! She's local this time and she's really amazing. I couldn't ask for better. We've been seeing each other ALOT over the past few months. Enough to get that damn feeling of being attached.

I spent the night with her last night and the night before (New Years Eve and New Years). Last night was great, we hugged and smiled at each other til we fell asleep. Did the same this same morning and everything was just fine. Until I had to tell her bye. I didn't like how we said bye to each other today. I felt like there's something missing and now i'm feeling like shit. It's hard to explain. It feels like we didn't say all we had to say. A feeling that stays on your conscious. It stays there until you break. Like a fucking timebomb. In order to disengage it, you HAVE to break. You need to let loose. That's how i feel right now.

Her dad is mad at me. He caught us. I don't know what will happen. I fucking hate this shit.

<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:20 am

He caught you what exactly?
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:36 pm

She's 18.

She was a virgin when we first started dating. (You put 2 and 2 together)

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Her dad is cool though. We were getting along fine for new years and new years eve. I hope he can just put it past him and realize I really mean no harm.

<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:12 pm

O_o Harsh stuff Metal.

All that could be worse is a religious soccer mom catching you. @_@; He's not military, current or ex, is he? If he is, you're doomed for sure. The stereotype remains true as far as I know.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:17 pm

I don't think he is. He and his wife play the Kinect. He's a Techhead. He loves playing mmorpgs lol.

<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Then it shouldn't be too bad, the initial shock would be the worst I suppose. But she is 18.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's just the initial shock, if both of you are of proper age. I mean, the father walks in on the act and omfgwtf?! I think that's it. I'm pretty sure he won'e stay mad, she does have the right as an adult to do what she wants.

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:50 pm

He didnt walk in while we were doing it. But we were laying down in her bed.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Oh wow man, that's deep. However I'd say in these circumstances you both love each other, and it's perfectly fine. It's not like you ooh'd her into bed just to sleep with her.

I think you two should get married! You're perfect for each other ;)
Last edited by Metroidude on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:59 pm

O.o Metroidude

<<

Domingo

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name: