[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Need a friend?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need a friend?

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Soldier X

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Need a friend?

My house burnt down, I was banned from the Minecraft server, what else can go wrong on my life...
Shit Happens
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Your house burnt down? o_O
<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:24 pm

<<

rolandixor

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:54 am

I used to think life couldn't get any worse (that it had limits) then I met reality :/
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:39 am

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 am

*puberty is the worst thing that can happen to me*.
It already has happened.
And all it did is cause regrets for not asking a girl out, which i have absolutely no way of contacting her [her parents are very restrictive, she's not even allowed to watch the simpsons because of its 'PG' rating], and its 4 years too late, she would've changed.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:34 pm

How old are you two?
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

LadyxChronic

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:12 am

I'm sad....and ready to play tremulous. I appearently missed the organized game....I had no net. Now I do. I'm still sad.

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:56 pm

do be sad Lady, all you missed was me getting level 6 and then 30mins later getting put on probation/level 5 xD
and some abuse from Metro.

but that's about all that went on.
hopefully we can get another game planned soon.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm

<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:46 pm

I feel like reviving this thread because my life sucks a lot right now...
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Not to sound lick a dick (though I probably will), join the club, bro.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:57 pm

i think everyone's life sucks a lot at some point. at this point, you will need someone who just listens to you. they don't need to even understand you nor will they need to reply, they just listen. the worst thing you can probably do is never talk to someone, so feel free to start off metro, remember this thread is not a place for assessments or interpretions.

voss i would love it if you were a bit more sympathetic, we all know feeling bad is nothing special, it however needs to be taken care of.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 pm

I would be more sympathetic if the people around me (not necessarily you guys, I mean IRL) were more sympathetic. Visible problems (unkempt hair, disheveled clothing, and visibly tired, trembling, and depressed) apparently are something to make fun of. Even my friends who are more "touchy-feely" than the others (mostly girls, I'll admit) decide the best course of action isn't to ask if I'm alright, but to insult my appearance and blow off my existence.

I'm no stranger to sympathy. I used to be sympathetic; I used to ask everyone who was behaving differently (extremely quiet when they're usually talkative, etc) if they were alright. None of it, however, was reciprocated. I used to just stand/be with my friends. No one thought to come over to me and ask if I was okay or if I was feeling well the many times I was completely alone.

My attempts on my own life, well, the ones my parents knew about, were met with "how could you do this" from my mom and "don't scare us like that again" from my dad, then promptly forgotten. When your neighbor stays with you in the hospital for far more time than your own parents (my neighbor did have a job to go to as well), you shouldn't be surprised I am jaded, to say the least, especially when it comes to family.

I realise I could at least be more... affable while I'm here because, admittedly, you guys are better friends than most of the people I associate myself with. In that regard, I apologise for the rudeness and hardness of my earlier statement. But I do not rescind it.

<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:58 pm

i understand what you're saying there.

the paragraphs you were talking about your friends, i have experienced this thousands of times on my own. i, however, wouldn't say this is just because they might not like you enough or be friends with you enough (i presume you think so?), but instead i would take more aspects into consideration:

1. most of the males around have serious trouble expressing themselves and their feelings to other people. some even keep the frame "i have to be strong and never talk about my feelings!" up all the time and never really admit they're sad. they will often say they're never sad, even though everyone is sad sometimes. this might also apply to your friends.
2. social circles. maybe, when you wanted one of your friends to come over to you and ask you what's wrong and stuff, he might have been inhibited by a social circle. they maybe didn't want to appear as what i stated in 1.)
3. some are just not able to talk about other's feelings properly, maybe because they never learned it. they might feel bad themselves while someone else is expressing himself.
i, for example, have this one friend, he's really a cool guy to hang out with and even though we're not at the same school anymore we meet at least once a week and have lots of fun together. but anytime we hit a sentimental topic he changes it immediately. this is not a reason for me to believe i'm not more to him than a guy he likes to hang out with.
4. there's always some sort of rudeness in guy relationships (not talking about love) and i absolutely understand this can be very hurtful, especially when they were aiming one visible problem you are not proud of yourself. talk to them about it if they are your friends. if they are not, try not to judge them or degrade them on a mental area (you of course shouldn't be doing that to your friends aswell), because if you do you will soon experience something like hatred which makes you feel even worse.

why not ask some of your closer friends if they could listen to you for a while when you have a problem? you might be surprised of "that one person" wanting to talk too.
ie. a few weeks ago when i had some huge problems in life (still not over this girl, but this is a different story) i asked one of my friends to talk about my feelings for the first time. i reeealllly felt much better after that. just remember: only because they seem not to care about you, they actually might much more than you expect.

and to your parents: do you have a close relationship to your parents? do you often talk about how you feel and problems and stuff? i don't really have a close relationship to my parents at all, and i experienced my father being quite helpless when he just wanted to talk to me about a minor thing. this is probably why we never really talk at all.
so your parents might not have been sure if you had appreciated their presence when you were in hospital since they know little about you and how you feel about things.
of course, there might be various different reasons for why your parents left you alone sometimes in hospital, but this is just what i can tell from the experience i've had with my mine.
now i also know how hard it can be to set up a simple, more serious talk with your parents when you've never really done it before. i have yet to get the courage to do so.

what i'm really saying here in all of the paragraphs is that you should also explore how the other side feels about what you do, what they do and how to interprete their/your actions. i've often found myself trying to figure out someone's actions, once i found out what they _could_ have done, i sticked to that picture and never tried to look at what _else_ they could have been thinking/doing/...

i'm not mad at you because of your comment, of course, i don't judge people by what they're saying since i know little about their life nor the story it tells.

i hope you understand what i was trying to say here, if you not already have. oh and i'd also like to insert one quote that really helped and motivated me in tough situations: "life makes you fight to become strong"
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:08 pm

I see what you are saying. It's true that I have not been very social in terms of my parents, but I simply saw that as me wanting to get away from their constant attention. Maybe it is possible I sort-of... "over-adjusted" to it? I didn't notice it until I looked at it retrospectively from what you were saying.

<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 am

If we're all just saying that we are depressed then I will hop on that bandwagon as well.
<<

CaptainChronic

Battle Granger
Battle Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:01 pm

boy i could tell ya a thing or two about being hard pressed! sorta feels like how diamonds are made..... and yes i believe the Word has helped me threw the muck. Hope is something to keep in mind... if you ever want to talk let me know... keep ur chin up eh!

The power of love is a curious thing
Make a one man weep, make another man sing
Change a heart to a little white dove
More than a feeling that's the power of love
Tougher than diamonds, whips like cream
Stronger and harder than a bad girls dream
Make a bad one good, make a wrong one right
Power of love will keep you home at night
It don’t need money, don’t take fame
Don’t need no credit card to ride this train It’s strong and it’s sudden and it’s cruel sometimes
But it might just save your life
That’s the power of love, that’s the power of love
First time you feed, it might make you sad
Next time you feed, it might make you mad
But you’ll be glad, baby when you've found
That’s the power, makes the world go round
And it don’t need money, don’t take fame
Don’t need no credit card to ride this train It’s strong and it’s sudden and it’s cruel sometimes
But it might just save your life
They say that all in love is fair
Yeah but you don’t care
But you know what to do
When it gets hold of you
And with a little help from above
You feel the power of love
You feel the power of love, can you feel it?
It don’t take money, don’t take fame
Don’t need no credit card to ride this train
Tougher than diamonds and stronger than steel
You won’t feel it when until you feel
You feel the power, just feel the power of love
That’s the power and that’s the power of love
You feel the power of love, you feel the power of love
You feel the power of love

1John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Image Micah 6:8
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Today while I was at work, there was a shootout at a college building a few miles where I live at. So far 2 people were arrested and 3 reported injured along with 1 person suffered a heart attack.

I'm scared for the possibility of someone very dear to me. I haven't seen her in over 2 years after a silent drift on our bound. I can't even have the courage to even drive to her house or talk to her family due to a disrespectful act I committed involving their religious beliefs. I ask that no one gives their religious comment and what I did.

With no way of knowing her condition, I'm just sitting in my room sad and angry. It's really strange. 2 years of not even seeing each other but I would sometimes have a dream we are together again.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Jokerz

Battle Granger
Battle Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm

Are you referring to the one in Texas?

And I guess the only thing that you can really do is wait, I'm afraid. Sorry if this is too nosy, but is what you did so bad that you cannot use this as a reason to apologize and restore your relationship with her? Even after two years?
Nonetheless, the odds are pretty good that she wasn't hurt. I know it's hard, but try no to dwell on it until you get more news one way or another. What happened happened, and you had nothing to do with this particular Schrodinger's cat.
Severe lack of rumposity in my partytown as of late.
<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:01 am

Hey, I know exactly what he's talking about. Doing something to someone that is so bad that an apology would only make things worse. Sometimes it is better to just disappear, rather than to remind them. If someone has moved on, you have no right to bring them back down to that horrible way they felt.
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 am

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:33 pm

Dafuq are you talking about Qweef?
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:34 pm

You ignored my question about weather or not your got bf3 for Christmas and you stealing my points on zombies after the many times I respected the doors / windows you were watching so you could get points ... After that I never want to play anther game with you and makes me never want to ever again ...
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:58 pm

lol Qweef. No, I didn't get BF3 for christmas or I'd be playing it with you, duh.
And the zombies? Trololo. =P
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:07 pm

metro is a kill stealing bastard, trololol. oh wait that's true not a troll.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 pm

I feel relived everyone I know from the shootout is okay. Still though, I wish my luck would improve by now with getting a new job and have my motorcycle running without breaking down on me.
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:11 pm

my ovaries are going to explode T^T

PreviousNext

Return to General