[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Need a friend?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need a friend?

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Need a friend?

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:33 pm

is this the one that gives boney hugs and is thinner than a twig?
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:28 am

naw lol that one is actually a good friend. She's the one that left for collage and I argued with her before she left.
(Had to edit it, got the last part mixed up)
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:11 am

Before school ended, like a week before, I wrote this girl in my class a note. I said I loved her, really much. I gave a contact, left a comment, then ended. The next day, she told me she'd forgotten to read it. The day school ended, I asked her if she would get her picture with me, and she, while politely, turned the request down. :(

Since then, she hasn't contacted me at all, and every time I think about her, which is almost always, seeing as how I think of who I truly love, I get a very bad hurt in my heart, and by that I'm being literal. Whenever I think about her, my chest feels heavy and in pain, as if someone were pushing on it.

Now it's gotten to the point where I lie awake at night, staring at nothing, and recently, sobbing, and last night crying, :cry: because I can't have her. I loved her, and I wanted to make her happy, care for her, and now I am physically unable to do that. :( I've cryed myself to sleep, just so I can dream about caring for her. :cry:

I feel like a loser for saying this, but please don't judge. I'm being dead serious, and I would like not to be pushed on this, but any comfort is welcome, and I will be grateful. I hate my life's pattern, as it seems to be going down in flames. I feel lost, and I don't see any way to hoist myself out of this hole. (Now my chest is hurting again.)
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

GLAMEOW

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:14 am

love hurts... and welll... sucks

hump, dump, and GTFO

i'm currently in a long-ass relationship, i'm riding this one out till it ends in a big ball of fire >:D

TIP: don't get too attached... always keep your options open

... even if that option is MOAR TREM!

best of luck voss
In game name: |GBA|GLAMEOW431
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:29 am

I can relate Voss. Been there done that.
My problems are an incredible amount of apathy, no direction and being chained to my situation.
Sinister it isn't as simple as get up and go.
<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:14 pm

I feel ya Voss, it really sucks when that happens, and I don't wanna sound like a jerk, but the only thing you can really do is move one. :( Its not fun, especially since you have all summer to either be miserable thinking about it or have a good summer and have moved on. ;)
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:45 pm

You'll forget about it soon enough. It just gets easier to not care about it anymore.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm

I would consider myself half moved on. I still think about her. Half-way depression. I play more Trem now, then I ever did. Probably because it takes my mind off her for a while.

The thing is, she was really the only person who ever really liked me. Last year and below, I was going to public school. Everyone here should know Nerds are beat up there. I, happen to be a :geek: . I did have cool friends, and by that I mean the "in" crowd, and she was part of it.

My favorite music isn't helping me type this post with ease. Heh. Oh well. Thanks (kind of) for being so nice and helpful. Meatwad? Got any tips for someone who's given up hope? :( ;)
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:03 pm

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, again!

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:39 pm

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:12 pm

the at first you don't succeed quote uhhh, fails most people.
to be told "get back on that horse" or what ever quote you have is not motivating.
advice? sorry can't help you there, my last break up was brutal but taught me a lot.
all I can say is to try to let it all out at once if you're having trouble letting go, it helps a lot.
<<

Stewie

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:55 pm

1) Heartbreaks suck, it's a fact of life. There will be times where it feels like it gets worse and better. One of the main things that help me is just hanging with friends, it will distract you and let's you feel comfort knowing life isn't over :P

2) I would say that "There will be more than just her" but that is never comforting in these situations. But what I will say is that (statistically) within 3 months you will be just as happy without her as you would have been normally. Just keep working on the things you like and try not to focus on the pain too much.

3) If you want to "get over her" one of the key things is to not talk to her, this is one of the biggest things there are for getting over the people you love. Talking to them, or even being around them forces your brain to produce chemicals that will remind you of what you can't have, which makes you feel horrible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 pm

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:44 am

<<

Flamer

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:12 am

Well i'd thought i'd post something... to keep this topic alive, Lol

A weird thing is happening to me... this i like it...

The girl i fancy, fancies my best friend,
my best friend fancies my other friend whos a girl,
they fancy someone else, who i don't kno,
But who idk fancies my best friend,
and who my best friend fancies, fancies me...

Confusing eh? lol...
But the girl i fancy is in the yr below me, but i don't care, Younger, the better, a longer life i say...
We have gone out a few times, but then she's turned around and said "i do fancy u but only a little, as i fancy ur best friend"
Oh well... who needs love :P
I'm gonna wait until in Yr 11 (thats how we go thru school here in Britain)

Annil
:D :D

But... on a happier note...
when i get turned down, (yet i don't havbe the guts to ask her out) I have good friends who support me, f not at home, where i live, Online, and on Facebook etc :)

~TREMULOUS K/D RATIO - 1.1 KILLS PER DEATH~
~ K/D RATIO - 0.99 KILLS PER DEATH~
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am

Well, good on you Flamer, for having a positive attitude about the situation
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:32 am

Posting a second time because I don't know if edits flag the topic as "New Post!" Anyway....

Usually, I'm a nice guy, I'm not too weird or creepy, I'm not at all cruel or instigative, but, I do have one outstanding issue with myself, besides a general lack of self-esteem.

I'm a Shakespearean-type romanticist at times, and I'm so cheesy it's sad. I write cheesy love letters to my lady-friend, send roses by mail, buy her jewelry, make her jewelry, but the primary means I vent this Old-English prose is through long-winded letters, both handwritten and emailed, that I send her. I'd post an example, but, I don't need you people barfing all over the forums. =P If you'd like a sample of it which is doubtful, I'll probably gladly provide you with one, but, onwards to my main question.

Is being one of those cheesy guys who writes in old-English sounding letters and shit too... Creepy? Weird? Disturbing? Or am I just overly paranoid? Or is it really something I should try to stifle?

I'm probably being weird, asking you guys and gals about this. But, I really don't know who else to ask...?

Anything? ;~;
Last edited by ThePaleRecluse on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Crab Battle

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:59 am

Personally, I really enjoy "Olde English" style letters and poems. But people these days, both men and women, don't seem to have much appreciation for this style of writing. So while I wouldn't call it creepy, weird, or disturbing, I would call it classical, and just like the masterful classical symphonies, one has to have a taste for classical to appreciate it. Judging by where Pop and Internet culture is right now, I would say a vast majority of people, especially those 24 and younger, don't have much appreciation for the classical. If you have found someone who appreciates the classical as you do, my recommendation would be to elope. If classical isn't working, and you really fancy someone, maybe try to combine the classical with some tastefully chosen modern elements. It becomes very difficult to gauge someones tastes and then appeal to them without betraying yourself, and it all becomes situational and relative anyway. So, to restate my answer to your question, no being classical does not make you creepy, weird, or disturbing in my opinion.

Also, on a related yet completely non-homosexual note, I would very much appreciate it if you sent me a small sample of one of your letters via PM. (Or other means if you prefer.)
Personal Motto:

Gotta have my bowl gotta have cereal.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:10 am

<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:27 am

Last edited by ThePaleRecluse on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:09 am

Mind if I offer some advice from an editorial perspective?
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Not at all.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:40 pm

threads like this and advice given to me seem to have failed me -.- . I'll just enjoy being heartless again.
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:00 am

@meat: THATS the way to go :D
@Pale: Most f this is using words with soft connotations,
but I find it kind of strange when you changed to "locked"
I (personally) think that "hold" or some thing like that would be better for rhythm and feel.
Also to be completely blunt and insensitive, the prostration is really pathetic.
Gotta have more spine :o
Lastly, about 1/3 of that could probably be removed as its repeating, and I don't mean that in the sense of circle = wheel = round etc.
I mean it is literally repeating pretty much verbatim.

Sorry if this was kind of rude/harsh, delete, ignore or whatever at your discretion.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:48 am

i find that, love is just another way to feel pain, you just don't realize it's pain until it starts to hurt.
normally after you get rejected.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:19 pm

I used to write letters like that a LONG time ago. That was, until I was introduced to the 21st century where the Average American doesn't know the meaning of intelligence. Where people will sit on their asses and text all day, or spend their lives on the PS3. I however, do not do that anymore. When the 21st century came around, I knew it was time to stop the Old-English notes. No one would understand 1/1000000 of it. Now I write as simply as I can.

WARNING: MID-1900s SPEECH LOVE AHEAD! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!

But my dearest Emily, my sweet Emily, how I long to be back in your arms. It is cold here, and miserable, and my close friend has died. From cold. It's filthy, and it displeases me that I must live like this for God knows how long. Emily, my love, my life, the time will come when I return from this wretched place they call Anzio (later through the mail system it was blacked out), and I will walk through the gate, and my son, our son, will run into my arms, and you will walk out to me, and your gentle eyes will meet mine, and your warm arms will embrace me, and your soft lips will press against mine. I love you, my fairest Emily. I will stop at nothing to come home again. I do not know when I will be able to write again, so I will say good-bye, however painful it is for me to say it, but I must.

Dutifully yours,
Robert

I found this letter in the box I told you about with the Russian drinking glass and the picture of my wife. All word for word, except for the part where I explained the location was later scratched out.

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:29 pm

ok, now I think its time to go back to the topic, we can make a sappy love letter thread if needs by.
(thats not older english except in sentiment, pretty modern speech)
Last edited by Faced00d on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: missed a little bit
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Last edited by Lt. Voss on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to General