[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Advertisements
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Advertisements

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Advertisements

It's a growing concern for all of us. It wasn't until recently that someone could actually accept/reject them. I went through all of the ads (~480 of them) and did the best I could finding ones unfit for the site.

Here's why I made this announcement:

If any of you come across an ad that you see is annoying or obscene, we ask you to please send us an email (admins@knightsofreason.net) of a screenshot of the ad(s).

The only way for us to help you is for you to help us. So:

Here's a layout of what we need in the email:
Section of the site: (main page or forums)
FULL Screenshot:
Reason why it should be deleted:

<<

Mr. F

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Advertisements

Making this sticky.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:56 pm

What happened to the other topic...? I thought this is the second one...
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:14 pm

I wasn't aware of another topic like this. I made this to tell you all that now there is someone who can review the ads.

<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Out of curiosity: Would it be possible to adapt KoRMS for advertisement management? It'd be a good way to weed out ads.
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:36 pm

No. I don't see a need in having the community choose which ads they want to see. If they had a choice there would be no ads at all. If the ads are annoying I'll be more than happy to remove them.

<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:15 am

Hmmm, why not just create a forum page that has all the advertisements on it...I mean, no one would ever go there, but still..
Image Image
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:19 am

The site gets money from the ADs loading. Right now, the ads are disabled so I haven't been reviewing them.

<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:21 am

then why not have it set for the korx loading screen???, there would be a little AD at the bottom, or something like that, or maybe just set up a user that will always be logged on, and will just go to the ad page constantly, therefore loading every AD you have (also earning the clan some money)
Image Image
<<

GLAMEOW

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am

what ads?

noscript FTW
In game name: |GBA|GLAMEOW431
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:31 am

<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am

hmm
give it a time delay...never worked with a phpbb, but I did it for a friends website, you make a user, give it a bot code that has a time that is set to ...um.. something like [tamount=500] and then have it set to go to page [destseturl=knights...] and then have it go back to the main home page after being at the ad page for 20 seconds or so

you would have to set up a code, like they have for pandora and such, where it pops up...I check and see if I can
Image Image
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:20 pm

Not to double post (I am, though, sorry about that)...If anyone has any sort of experience modding the phpbb, that would be nice, I can do it with other forums, not sure what changes, so..
Image Image

Return to General