[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - End of Times
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

End of Times

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:37 pm

End of Times

Yet another buzz came up of the world ending. Of course, I'll believe it when I see it happening. Any believers or nay say?
Also, a nice Majora's Mask theme page.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: End of Times

I still think the best argument for against this is the fact that why would they take the time to carve their calandar so far into the future when of they got close to that point they could just continue it. I honestly am amused by all of this, and if it does turn out to be true, so be it.
Image Image
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:54 pm

My question is, how the heck are they Mayans supposed to have predicted the end of time? It's not like they could peer into the future or anything.
On a side note, that Majora's Mask site is pretty cool.

For those of you who believe the end of the world is coming, you can drop your valuables off at my door, I'll be happy to take them :)
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:00 pm

i guess nobody thought that maybe the Mayan dude who was making the calendar died. considering human life expectancy was much lower in them days and it takes time to carve stone.

or maybe the dude simply got bored of stone carving and went to bang some chicks.
<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie
Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Its all to make tv shows and make money the date is just the date the person stopped continuing to make dates ...
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:44 pm

They actually found more of the calender. The date has changed again. lol
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Over portrayed by the media. It's a big misconception and is now just being milked for the hype. The Mayan calendar is rolling over like an odometer. To be honest, all of this end of the world BS that is going on is starting to piss me off.

* Mayans never predicted the end of time, as in a day. They have something about how the world ends but they never predicted it.
* Mayan calendar doesn't end, much like the Gregorian calendar.

NASA published a video for Saturday ahead of time since they are so sure it's not happening:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/video ... ypse-video
Also see:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Edit: There's nothing to debate here. Moving to general.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Guess what? When the Spanish first found it: they broke off a piece! They may not have broken a piece that belonged right after 12.21.12, but they did so none the less. They didn't know what the bloody hell it was at the time, thought it was maybe an intricately carved rock. Also, by the logic that a lot of people go by that says that since the calendar "ends" at a certain date the world will end... Wayne Rooney's smarter than them. By that logic, the world would have ended at the end of any calendar ever made. Well, there's no date after it, is there?
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:04 pm

way to be party poopers guys. I'll still be ready for dem zombies.

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:37 am

i'll be waiting for you to come pick me up maro!
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:55 am

<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:03 am