[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - The Survival of KoR
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Survival of KoR

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 10, 2015 9:51 pm

The Survival of KoR

Hey guys.

For the most part, we've all seemed to move on with our lives, with a few remnants of us sticking around, seemingly for old times' sake. But we've all grown further and further apart as time goes on.

I think if we really matter to each other, we should work to remain a part of each other's lives, maybe even breathe some new life into the community.

So I propose that we all rededicate ourselves to staying alive, keeping in contact with each other, and remaining a clan.
There's a few ideas I have that can help us do this. The more we interact with each other, the more revitalized we'll be come.

Most of us still use steam, but our Steam group is largely inactive; let's change that.
I'll be hanging out in the group chat, I hope to see some of you there some time.
We can also post about new games we're playing, organize activities, etc.

Part of the reason forums die is because nobody adds anything new for other members to read.
If you don't find anything interesting, post about something... anything that you're passionate about or want to discuss. That is, after all, the point.

Part of keeping a community alive is adding new blood into the mix. So when you're playing with us KoR buds, please invite your friends to join us and register on the forums to add them to our community.
We can also consider starting up game servers at some point in the future.

Let's see a turnaround in the KoR community. Simply participating in the Steam group will help spur activity. We can go from there.

I hope to see a lot of familiar faces :)
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Mon May 11, 2015 5:17 am

Re: The Survival of KoR

Once Unvanquished comes out it's alpha stage it will be easier to recruit new members to the forum I think.

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 11, 2015 8:32 am

I think the big problem is that there isn't really any game at the moment that not only captures all of our interests like Tremulous did and allows us to play in the same numbers. Nowadays most games are s00per-srs games that leave no room for, pardon me, dicking around if we want to. I mean, Tremulous' closest competitors now, Natural Selection 2 and Unvanquished, consist of a strongly competitive game and a game that isn't quite finished, respectively. To my knowledge there aren't any other asymmetrical team games on the market. Large multiplayer games that are free are, excepting TF2 I guess, not very fun, are grind fests, or are so riddled with bugs and hackers to be laughable.

I'm sorry to say, but I've nearly run dry of ideas.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Mon May 11, 2015 10:21 am

Also I hear grangerhub is working on a Tremulous Revival project for those of us who don't want something like Unvanquished.

<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 11, 2015 4:46 pm

Tremulous revival sounds great!

But most of our guys are too busy with real life as it seems :(
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 11, 2015 5:44 pm

I'd be game for a bit of multiplayer once finals are over...

Like Brr said, a lot of us are just too busy to hop on every afternoon like we used to. I'm still somewhat in shock that I've been bouncing around here for 7+ years now.

I'd totally be up for some events this summer, and I think I might have a mic too.
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Tue May 12, 2015 5:18 am

As far as events go, Unvanquished has a test game every Sunday. We could setup something for one of those days.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 12, 2015 7:26 am

I'm going to try to get in on one of those Unvanquished days as soon as I can.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 12, 2015 7:49 am

I don't think I'll get a computer capable of playing unvanquished with decent quality gameplay (i mean by framerate and lack of client issues - kharnage-kyun rejected legacy support long time ago which is why I can't actually play it) for another 5 years or so, or another year minimum. Unless I can get my mum's spare computer working. IT's still ridden with the remains of malware which I'm still clearing out (it had a crapload on it) and the damages done - I'm still having trouble reversing them. Even simply things like making the "program files" file editable (currently set as read/write/delete-only - no editing can be done).
I still play Tremulous occasionally but rarely these days, I'm more active on War Thunder. Probably because I'm so busy with university and work; I have a 7-day schedule (used to be 8-day schedule) with a lot of cramming on some of those days just so I can get a bit of "free time."

Also I don't think TF2 is full of hackers, and the majority of the recent patches are just bugfixes and 10 more GB worth of... hats.

I used to contribute things to acidtu.be (now grangerhub.com) and they have a server that is compatible with both GPP and 1.1 and plans on integrating both gameplay styles plus the old retro GPP and 1.1 gameplay styles as votable modes. We have /dev/humancontroller on the team, three asians capable of hosting in Japan and Malaysia respectively (note sure if the russian one can) and the the japanese and malaysian ones are proper in their programming abilities. There's a director... ish, and a lot more other "ancient" contributors popping in and out every now and then to the point I don't even recognise half of them, what could go wrong development-wise?

#grangerhub @ irc.freenode.org if you want to knock on our door.
Also seems there's more activity on the #knightsofreason irc channel then there is at the forums so if you're capable of leaving your cardboard box spare computer 24/7 online, you could try staying on that channel and use it for chatting.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 12, 2015 10:12 am

I'm usually on my computer around 6 hours a day, I just play league, wow, killing floor and mortal kombat right now but I'm up for pretty much anything.
Image Image
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Tue May 12, 2015 5:23 pm

@shadow, I'm looking into a Gaming PC for my birthday. Once I get it i'll hit you up on WoW. Do you play on a private server?

In fact, I'll probably use it to play all games. I want to move away from consoles.

<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 13, 2015 9:07 am

I play on the two biggest pvp servers actually, Kel'Thuzad for the Alliance, and Mal'ganis for the Horde
Image Image
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 13, 2015 11:52 am

Maybe you guys could start a WoW guild or something :D That'd be cool, and a nice way to get some more players in.
We already have a "sub-clan" structure set up, so it'd be perfect :D
<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Any1 play Diablo 3?
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Image Image
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed May 13, 2015 6:39 pm

If I would play wow again it would probably be on a WoTlK private server..

<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 14, 2015 4:31 am

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 14, 2015 4:03 pm

<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat May 16, 2015 2:23 pm

i've invited a few people but i don't have very many irl friends that play pc

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 pm

So, what if we start a Natural Selection server and go from there? I feel like we could get some good people to join out of it.

I'd be willing to help set up the server and maintain it and the NS2 discussion on the forums.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:35 pm

I just bought Elder Scrolls Online. Anyone else have it? Will create KoR Guild

<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:42 pm

I have it
Image Image
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:35 pm

What level are you Shadow? Do you have it on PC or Console?

<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:48 pm

PC, I have a level 35 templar that I stopped playing for awhile cause the huge b2p patch broke the region I was in, just haven't gone back yet
Image Image
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Once my PC is up and running, I'm going to play a crapload of NS2. I've wanted to for SO LONG.

I think a ESO guild would be a good idea. We could easily recruit people, and MMO's are perfect for building community.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:19 pm

<<

Monk

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:17 pm

Just started. Currently a level 5 wood elf nightblade. I'll catch up.

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Well I just hit level 10

What's your IGNs I'll invite you to the guild.

<<

Monk

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:36 am

IGN: Salvatis
<<

Monk

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Apparently everyone needs to be in the same faction. I made a nord character because my wood elf cant interact with the rest of you guys
Next

Return to General