[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Considering Moving to the US
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Considering Moving to the US

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:15 am

Considering Moving to the US

Hi guys,

I'm considering moving to the States in about a year, where do you guys say I should go?
Obviously, I want to go somewhere warm, but not too hot, with little temperature fluctuation throughout the year, preferably near the ocean, with open-minded, friendly people, not too big city life like New York but not too rural like Minnesota.
Good job perspectives, good place to party but not too expensive, apartments with affordable rents and most importantly not too far away from all of you guys!

You see that I'm asking for the perfect place.
Although the last point is probably going to be a bit hard to meet, I'm excited for your opinions since you are from all over the US, so you will definitely be able to give me a nice idea of what state/city is most likely going to meet my expectations.

Thanks everyone!
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:11 am

Re: Considering Moving to the US

I think u.s. isn't so mcuh a good place to move to right now tbh, considering all those news about few police men dogshitting on unarmed people and all those ISIL attacks.. How many mass shootings since the start of the year, compared to australia and new zealand combined, or the general european area? Quite a lot...
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Not to rain on any parades, but do you have anything lined up with regards to a visa? Speaking as someone who hopped the pond in the opposite direction, getting a work permit can be extremely difficult, and you may need to take a job in a location that isn't your first choice, simply because that's where the money/visas are.

Knowing what industry you're in might help too.
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:26 pm

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:00 pm

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:10 pm

<<

Monk

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:59 pm

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:35 pm

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Virus I think you missed the part about he's thinking about moving to AMERICA. lol.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:11 am

I was sleepy when I wrote that :P
had to attend a funeral today
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1

Return to General