[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Hey guys.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hey guys.

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:22 am

Hey guys.

It's been a long time. I miss you guys. I've been in a nostalgic sort of mood lately and was curious if anybody was still hanging around these parts. I was honestly a bit surprised to see the forum still up, but am delighted to see it.

Little update on me:

I'm living in Berlin, Germany, where I am in university studying Psychology. I moved about two years ago for a multitude of reasons, but namely just felt I needed to get out of the US. It's been simultaneously incredibly difficult and very exciting. I love Berlin and love being able to travel around Europe rather conveniently and affordably. I really enjoy my subject of study.

I met a British girl here early last year and we've been long-distance for a year and a half. She just finished her degree in molecular biology and is trying to get onto a masters program here in Berlin or find some work before she continues her education.

Life hasn't been easy, but it's been pretty rewarding. One thing I've learned is that if you have difficulty making friends and being social in your home country, moving to a foreign country will most certainly not resolve those problems, ahaha. I can be a real hermit, wishing I could just be sealed off in my room, reading books and playing games so that I don't have to encounter the scary world outside, haha. So I definitely have had and still have some difficulties with stuff like that, but there's been some minor improvements.

Something rather unrelated that I've been thinking about: I apologize to anyone who might have ever felt offended or hurt by things I said in the past on this forum. As a teenager, I was very devout in an incredibly conservative fundamentalist evangelical strain of Christianity. I was deeply steeped in some rather hateful teachings and I regret many things I said to many people. I've since left my faith (about 3 years ago - and oh, what a flying shit storm that was). I hope that any harm or hurt I caused was minimal, and that you can forgive me of it. Love you guys.

Other than that, I am still playing video games, and would love to play some with you guys if you're interested. As for multiplayer games, I play Overwatch (username: mykunos), sometimes GTA V (username: ToucanBill), and various 4X/RTS/Grand Strategy games on Steam (username: Vendetta312).

What are you guys up to? I've browsed briefly through the recent topics and was almost brought to tears in realizing how amazing our community was, has been, and will be (in whatever form it may take).

Bonus pic of me and the girlfriend: http://i.imgur.com/e9Rdr0x.jpg
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Re: Hey guys.

If you want to keep in touch you should probably use this discord server if you already use discord: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8398

Tbh while psychology can be an interesting subject, I haven't found it personally that useful on me. It's like hypnotism, you need to completely convince a target to change their actions and views or to help them. While I have the ability to actually literally, falsely convince myself of a subject, it really isn't that easy, and there's also the fear of permanent change. I don't hate the way I am, rather I don't like the context I've been introduced to in my life when compared to others. That's the way I've dealt with my depression for now.

Also being a hermit is something many of us have had to deal with. I'm introverted and I did some tests that positively identifide me as having Asperger/austism. Plus every time the season changes (which sort of started around 3 days ago for my region) my skin starts shedding off, and I'm also dealing with the mishaps called "Graves Disease" which despite the name, isn't that fatal, but it can reduce my life span considerably if I don't deal with it. Being an oriental descent (i.e. I'm asian) my body temperature can average 41-42 degrees celcius without the problems a fever has, which can be more comfortable in winter but 25 degrees celcius feels like 30. Ontop of that I also get something called hypokalaemic periodic paralysis which for a reaosn the doctor doesn't know but I can guess, happens usually at night time and recovers by daytime. I was admitted to a 3 or so hospital stay because one night the condition decided to not recover. Funny tihng is my mother was about to go to holiday and she was like "you're fine, you don't look sick to me" and literally the next day she starts panicking as if I was about to die especially at the mention thatm y life span would've already been affected.

Currently I'm giong to uni which is arodn 45 km away from my house, and I've been searching for a job in a region 30 minutes away since my reigon has like no jobs at tihs time of the year, and because of my Graves' Disease my piloting training has stopped until the condition can be considered cured and we can be sure that I don't expreience my paralysis condition. The pills I'm taking inhibit the production of the T3 and T4 hormones chemically (because ismply reducing the TSH hormone won't stop the production due to the immunity system attacking the thyroid gland)

Speaking of religions, I'm considereda catholic form of christianity, but I very much love science. While my faith is questionable, religion can be used from a psychological point of view that it helps manage the population to be kind with one and another. My family continues to this day, provide community service for my primary school church in the form of operating the electronic and musical services, even though my family isn't too tied into the religion. Speaking of religion, they say at the way "athiest" behaves, atheism can be considered a religion. Even feminism movement can be considered a new sub-religion to some because of the way they act and believe.
Australia is currently having a "gay rights" referendum. There are even mixed opinions within gthe catholic community, for example the majority of my local church including the priests believe that gay rights should be allowed then I was suprised, that I saw the state bishop's facebook post on why gay rights shouldn't be allowed, for things labelled as "freedom" literally telling everyone the reason why they should vote the rights in. He got dissed a lot, and that has probably never happened before.

Love life: Still no girlfriend. I can expect a 40% chance of not having a girlfriend that stays with me for more than a few years in my entire life though.

Steam: You still can contact me on steamcommunity.com/id/ZdrytchX - Just make sure to message and say who you are and that you are from knights of reason forums.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:24 pm

Re: Hey guys.

Hey Vendetta, nice to hear from you.

I tried to add you on Steam with no luck. Did you join our Discord? Try it I'd love to hear from you.

Return to General