[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Tremulous Binds!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tremulous Binds!

<<

Sinister_Blade

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Location: On your head trying to not to look down. My will is weakening.

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:52 am

Tremulous Binds!

Contributers:
-Asterisk

Hello everybody!

Sinista the gansta here.
[In in the A gang if you must know]

I've decided to help you pplz out with binds.

While I am not 100% proficent as of late, I want to help.

Why?

Because binds are t3h futu|-e.

ANYWAY.

The best place to start off is here :

READ ALL OF IT NUB.

Read it?

Good.

So, you've learned some things.

First of all, to see all of your binded keys, you must type /bindlist.

Some people get confused with echo. Thats OK.

Echo is just a command that is the same as using "say" except only you get the message. "I think xD"

Example /bind 1 "echo Ready to go Hoe,GO GO GO;buy lasgun;buy larmour;buy helm"

ALL echo does is read this message back to you when you use your bind to buy all that stuff!

So if you did /bind 1 echo Pop. You would get a message that's says pop everytime you press 1 :o

Some people use echo to help them know what keys binds are on.

Such as : /bind KP_Enter "echo 1(Lasgun);echo 2(Helmet);echo 3 (BatteryPack)"

When you press enter on the keypad this bind will show up on your screen as :

1(Lasgun)
2(Helmet)
3(BatteryPack)

Of course if your good with HUDS you wont need to do this. =p

Now, MOST people get confused with vstr.

vstr means Variable.

This is where /SET comes in

Say you do : /set Aliens1 "class level0"

This just sets Aliens1 as a variable. SO it is variable or "vstr" Aliens1.

So you may do : /bind vstr Aliens1 1. This will set that variable on the 1 key. Which will now spawn you as a dretch "class level0".

The REASON for vstr is to have more than one command, or special/complex commands on one key.

EXAMPLE for TremX:

/set Dretch1 "class level0"
/set Dretch2 "class leveloupg"

/set Basi1 "class level1"
/set Basi2 "class level1upg"

NOW you have 4 NEW variables (vstr)

So you can now do somthing like this :

/bind KP_Minus "bind 1 vstr Dretch1;bind 2 vstr Basi1"
/bind KP_Plus "bind 1 vstr Dretch2;bind 2 vstr Basi2"

So when you press the Minus key on the Keypad

1 = Evolve into a Dretch.
2 = Evolve into a Basi

BUT when you press the Plus key

1= Evolve into Adv. Dretch
2=Evolve into Adv. Basi

Now you can use a key for more than one bind using 2 keys to switch the Varibles you made!.

My example is not the best use of vstr, but there are some interesting possibilities!

NOW.

The coolest way for you to make binds is to make a seperate lists "configs"!

When Tremulous starts up, it automatically executes a file in your base folder called autogen.cfg

This file is what holds all of your binds.

*Note do not FUCK with your orginal autogen.cfg
if you have to reinstall trem its not my fault :o

WHAT you need to do is open autogen.cfg with NotePad and then save it as another file (Save As as .cfg file).

Save it as Humans.cfg for example.

NOW you have autogen.cfg AND Humans.cfg (Which atm is just a copy of autogen under another name.)

Make another one called Aliens.cfg if you wish.

SO, you've made these files now huh? COOL! :D

You have to options :

1) Go into these files with notepad and add your binds for each one. (Easier)

(NOTE: These files also contain the default binds for gameplay, such as you attack,secondary attack,team talk,talk, and ect.
Try not to delete or change these orginal binds. Or you may wind up not being able to move because you change w,a,s and d :o)

2) Go in game and exec the files and manually enter each bind. (Longer, but safer)

SO, when you join the human team, go to the counsol and type :/exec Humans.cfg

This will set all your keys to your human binds.

Vice Versa for the alien binds.

So what now you ask? Make your binds better!

Customize your binds how you want, on what ever keys you want.

Use /bindlist to see what you have or go into the .cfg and look around.

Customize your binds for each team and increase your value, MVP in no time!

What exactly is a list of all the good/useful things to have?

Some are :

-Binds for all weapons and armor
-Binds for all classes
-Grenade toggle, Jetpack toggle, etc
-Configs for humans and aliens, so that you can have binds that relate to only one team.
-Toggles for all of the buildings for both races, to be put on the scroll wheel so you can cycle through them
-Binds that say the om/reactor is down, you are rushing, base is destroyed, Yes bind, No bind, grenade warning bind, builder bind (saying that you're a builder), etc
-Various command binds (specme, listplayers, etc)

Well I've added some commands together on some keys that work together.

The best bind I think in the entire game is to exec your bind file;join a team, and spawn.

Do this by : /bind KP_ENTER "exec Aliens.cfg;team aliens;class level0"

This will give you your alien binds, join the alien team, and spawn you.

I also have : /bind KP_MINUS "exec Humans.cfg;team humans;class rifle"

You can change level0 to builder for aliens and rifel to ckit for humans.

You would also want to put those two binds on all your .cfg's so you can join each time no matter what config is loaded.

*Note : For aliens I use : /bind KP_ENTER "exec Aliens.cfg;team aliens;class level0;class level0upg"

I use this because Im always an Adv. Dretch anyway, so I spawn then evolve right after. "Can be used for rants to :o"

Customize to your play style!

Be careful, be responsible, and have fun. Binds rule!!!!

And if you have anything to add or improve or just a question please post it!

-Sin
<<

AsterisK

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:53 pm

Re: Tremulous Binds!

What exactly is a list of all the good/useful things to have?

Currently I think:

-Binds for all weapons and armor
-Binds for all classes
-Grenade toggle, Jetpack toggle, etc
-Configs for humans and aliens, so that you can have binds that relate to only one team (?) (is there a bind to un-exec a bind? that would be great
-Toggles for all of the buildings for both races, to be put on the scroll wheel so you can cycle through them
-Binds that say the om/reactor is down, you are rushing, base is destroyed, Yes bind, No bind, grenade warning bind, builder bind (saying that you're a builder), etc
-Various command binds (specme, listplayers, etc)

Any others?
<<

Crab Battle

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:59 pm

You cant go wrong with a good ol' !POOP! bind or something similar.
Personal Motto:

Gotta have my bowl gotta have cereal.
<<

Sinister_Blade

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:26 am

<<

Sinister_Blade

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:59 pm

I found this again yay!

The link from the first post is now down. You could contact them and see where they put it. I have no idea.

Bumping this back from death for whoever may need it.

-Sin
<<

Crab Battle

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:58 am

heres a bind

/Bind 1 say ^3!^1OH NOES^3!

It's extremely important. I can't win without it.

!OH NOES!
!OH NOES!
!OH NOES!
Personal Motto:

Gotta have my bowl gotta have cereal.
<<

[DILMAH] tea

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:21 am

nice work Blade, one problem though, ur first link does not work... :P
[Sri Lanka] [Hawthorn Hawks] <-- RULES :D
<<

Sinister_Blade

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah.

Says that above the link. ;)
<<

Eagle

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:00 am

-ex scientia vera-