[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Server FAQ
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Server FAQ

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:08 am

Server FAQ

KoR Server FAQ:

Q) I'm getting errors such as "404, file not found" when connecting to your server, what do I do?
A) Wait until the game is finished, this is commonly caused by me deleting pk3s from the server when the server is still referencing them.
The 'list' of required packages will be updated when the next map is loaded.

Q) I'm getting an "Invalid GUID" error upon connecting, how do I fix this?
A) Update your client to Tremfusion's, if you are still having issues after that (and you're sure you installed the client) post up on the Server Issues forum.

Q) How get admin? (That's 'how do I get admin' in Polish)
A) There's a process for every level except level 2. ONLY level 2 is given out by VIP Operators or Moderators and above. Otherwise, you either have to apply (to get into the clan) or be recommended by a Moderator or above (for VIP).

Q) I have an idea or something to contribute, how do I get it in the KoR servers?
A) There's a slim chance it'll get added. But you can post it up on viewforum.php?f=107 for KoRx.

Q) My downloads are too slow, how do I fix this?
A) There are several solutions to this issue.
I) You could get Tremfusion, it'll usually speed up downloads by quite a bit.
II) If you're still getting slow downloads with Tremfusion try increasing your rate and disabling the download prompt (search the forums to figure out how).
III) Get rid of your 56k
IV) Stop torrenting/updating/downloading in general

Q) I get banned, how I unban? (or "I got banned, how do I get myself unbanned" in English) Make sure you have read the rules, as you probably broke one.
A) Appeal your ban on viewforum.php?f=16 .

Q) Admin XXXXXX made me cry and/or attempt suicide, how do I get report?
A) Report any abuse here: viewforum.php?f=97 .

Q) Aliens are overpowered/Humans are overpowered/Rets suck/Acid tubes suck/Xael is too powerful/Rant has too much HP.
A) Those aren't questions.

Q) What change?
A) To view recent changes for the servers go to: korx.googlecode.com (KoRx) or trem-kor.googlecode.com (Layouts) or use the in-game help menu (Esc -> Help -> Recent Changes).

Q) Player XXXXX bled me excessively, how do I report them?
A) viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1988 - You can report on the forum that thread is in. Please read the thread though.

Q) I found a bug, how do I report it?
A) If the bug is exploitable and/or massively affects gameplay, PM the KoR-Dev team. Otherwise, post it up in: viewforum.php?f=108. You can PM the dev team by going here: ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose and under groups: choosing KoR Tremulous Devs.

Q) I get an error about TGAs and then KoRx crashes, how do I fix this?
A) Remove all of your old KoRx pk3s (or the emoticon ones to be specific).

If you've got anything to add PM an admin.
Last edited by Aaron5367 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added info about the emoticon crash
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Server FAQ

Added some info about the emoticon crashes.
<<

Chickamo

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:29 pm

Um I have a question. I played KoRx ALOT, then my computer screwed up and I havent been on in a while. Now when trying to download the new KoRx, it says bad command byte, I think. Do you have a solution to this?
<<

Chickamo

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:30 pm

I am sorry that it did it 3 times, excuse me -_-
I am kinda new to the site
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:20 pm

deleted the previous 2. ;)
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:32 pm

<<

Chickamo

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks for the advice so quickly, but theres a problem, I have tried that and it doesn't want to delete so easily, I will keep trying, but I dont know.

Return to FAQ's and Howto's