[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Setting up trem server on linux
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setting up trem server on linux

<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Setting up trem server on linux

Is it possible? Anyone have any insightful knowledge into setting one up and could give me a vague guide on how to do it? I use Linux Mint.

thanks
Image Image Image
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 16, 2014 12:54 am

Re: Setting up trem server on linux

tremulous.net/forums - search.

What I know:

1. Set up a port, you may need a static IP address, preferably a port that is irregular but close to tremulous' port number, like 30725 or something just to be safe
2. Create a script to auto-restart your server when it crashes
3. Start the server with the port number assigned to the port you just opened in step 1. with '+dedicated 2' and 'fs_game <modname>' where <modname> is the game mod, such as korx or tremball or boboc
4. Check it sends the heartbeat to master.tremulous.net (browser interface is now gone, only way to check if it's online is by opening tremulous up and looking yourself)
5. It should be online now.

Unfortunately my ISP doesn't allow server hosting so such things is impossible from my end, :/
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 16, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks you virus. Very useful
Image Image Image
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 19, 2014 4:22 am

It was? On the 17th/18th May, master.tremulous.net was dead. I had to nag timbo to get it back up.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 19, 2014 4:35 am

yeah it was, i hadnt made the restart script and it tended to crash a lot as soon as it started. so when i made it again with the script it seemed to restart quite well. oh and i know with the master server thing, AA was especially quiet yesterday (:
Image Image Image

Return to FAQ's and Howto's