[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Here is a logical loop for funzies.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Here is a logical loop for funzies.

Forum rules
Do NOT flame, troll, or otherwise harass other users. This forum is heavily moderated. Posts that violate these rules will be deleted with a warning.
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Fri May 02, 2014 1:18 am

Here is a logical loop for funzies.

Someone got fired for stating his opinion that someone shouldn't be fired for their opinion.

http://kotaku.com/community-manager-fir ... 1570567303

'Merica.

Now. I think any transaction (being hired, in this case) should be canceled if the transaction is no longer in the interests for one of the two parties... which could be any reason or non-reason, but...

Wouldn't this be a violation of discrimination laws (the "creed" part), because the firing is discrimination towards a creed of non-discrimination towards discrimination? (Or, perhaps even discrimination towards a creed of discrimination against those that discriminate against discrimination?)

Clearly, non-discrimination laws are discriminatory towards those that wish to discriminate against those that preach non-discrimination towards those that discriminate!

oie. hmm.

Let me simplify things a bit, and say that anyone that declares something along the lines of "you should be more tolerant!" is being a hypocritical stupidhead.

So.

Obviously the only thing to do is to be intolerant.

Especially towards those that say in all caps:
"Intolerance towards intolerance is not intolerance."
I am totally intolerant of those people.
I hope their nacho chips get smushed on the trip back from the grocery store.
And their ice cream melts.
"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 02, 2014 5:28 am

Re: Here is a logical loop for funzies.

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

1LordAnubis

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 07, 2014 7:17 am

Someone should not be fired for their opinion; that's just common sense. I'm sick of this capitalistic bullshit society. He was expressing a philosophical point, not condoning/making racist remarks. His point makes sense and he gets fired by a bunch of idiots. I mean seriously, HOW do you misinterpret a statement about your own freedom/rights as some kind of social dramatic BULLSHIT.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-George Bernard Shaw

Visit my
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 07, 2014 8:15 pm

I like this, Pbhead. Thanks for trying to spark some intelligent conversation on the forums here, please keep it up :)

I do not believe that someone should be fired for having (or rather, stating) an opinion.
However, I do believe that companies should reserve the right to fire someone if they're not representing the company how it wants to be represented. This does not mean they should, but rather that they can.

This example is not alluding in any way to the article provided in the OP.

Imagine you're Phreak, from Riot. But then one day you just can't take your job any more, and you start talking about how much you hate Riot, or make some generally slanderous comments online on Twitter.
Because Phreak represents Riot Games, they should have the right to fire him because of what he has announced to the world.

If a company overreacts over something silly though, it shouldn't be illegal. It's just bad management, and it is very likely to show. If what a representative said was that bad, people will understand. If it's generally perceived as not bad and he's still fired, then obviously people will notice and it's even worse for the company's image to fire them like that.
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 07, 2014 10:55 pm

I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 08, 2014 2:01 am

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 08, 2014 3:58 am

Rock Paper Sissors still sounds akward to me. I grew up with that saying. It's like how I find "San, Err, Yi" weird when people count down when taking photos... (3, 2, 1 in chinese, sounds something like that)

And Jan Ken Pon does sound a lot easier to say indeed.
Now back on-topic... Huh? I lost track of the convo
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Thu May 08, 2014 11:28 am

"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 09, 2014 1:28 am

I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Sun May 11, 2014 9:13 am

Return to Debates