[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Homosexuality
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Homosexuality

Forum rules
Do NOT flame, troll, or otherwise harass other users. This forum is heavily moderated. Posts that violate these rules will be deleted with a warning.
<<

LadyxChronic

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Homosexuality

yessir :D

<<

The Vibrator

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:51 pm

People who are really religious (I'm getting a feeling Fox is...) will be anti-homosexual (I won't say homophobic in this case)...no use arguing against them as there is no way to change their beliefs since they are based on religion

I will repeat my view - very similar to Wimply's

If you're homosexual, good for you, keep it to yourself...I hate activists who shove it my face, but otherwise, there's nothing wrong w/ homosexuality

@ Sam - what's wrong with World Cup fans? :(
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:27 pm

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:14 pm

I'd like to illustrate why having multiple sources for your proof is important.
Homosexuals molest children.
This is a fact, it is also horrible biased by a few people, using this same example you could say religion is bad.
Never mind all the humanitarian efforts headed up by churches and the like.

Back on topic, sexuality has limited effects on pecking order, its an odd perspective of humans to assume that if we don't do it animals must have a very primitive reason that comes down to passing on genes, pecking order or food.
This is just my observation regarding animal behaviour generalizations.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:33 pm

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

The Vibrator

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:04 pm

@ Meat - I'm sure there are certain homosexuals that do molest children, but there are also heterosexuals that do the same, so it's not quite bullshit. If he said ALL homosexuals, then yes, that would be utter bullshit.

@ Aaron - I meant to say intolerant...sorry...and yes, the more religious (at least from what I've seen), the least tolerant of homosexuals people are...
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:17 pm

I think you missed why I said that.
What I was saying is that there are homosexuals who did molest children, but it says nothing about all of them or even in fact weather there were many who did it.
In other words you have to check anything stated as fact by multiple sources, which was said in regards to Fox's argument with aaron regarding the vid.

To clarify I do not believe this to be true, I have known many homosexuals and had a bi girlfriend.
Its an example of biased sources.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:37 pm

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Well seem fair on the surface but I think a lot of google's employees will suddenly start being gay/lesbian....
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:47 am

Homosexuals are only offencive to people if their moral's say it is wrong.
But what are these morals?
Nowdays there are many people out there that do not beleive in god, and so do not beleive in a definate power out there that says what everybody's moral should be. These people comonly known as "Atheists". Since there is no definite power for what everybody's moral should be, these "Atheists" usually beleive that everybody answers to their own morals, and most beleive that everyone needs to "Tolorate" everybody elses morals. As long as the law is not violated. Some of these "Atheists" even take it so far as to say, (as most Atheist do beleive in the theory of evolution) that since man evolved from apes, Humans are in fact animals. So a Human (animal) could mary any other animal. So why not gay marrige? They're in love, they "belong" together, marrage doesn't last this long in society anyways, SO WHY NOT?

Well my good confused freinds, this is where the moral's of the Bible and most anti-secular christains come into play. (secular as in anti-religion)

You see in the bible, in the verry first book of genesis god creates the world in six 24-hour days. On the sixth day god created all the land dwelling animals. Then he created Man, separate from all the other beasts and gouls, he created us in his immage, and he gave us souls. (because we have souls and animals do not, we are SEPARATE, and cannot be married.) Then, after creating Adam, the verry first human who ever lived, he created his female counterpart, Eve, from the ribbone of adam. So as you can plainly see it was Adam and Eve who were the first married humans. (it was not Adam and Steve)
After the sin of man, God told Adam and Eve amoung many other things, to be fruitfull and multiply. There is absolutly no gay married couple that can complete this command.
And so for those who want to here it from Jesus, this is what he had to say on the topic:
And he answered and said to them "Have you not read that made them at the begining 'Made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason shall a man leave his mother and father and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?" -Matthew 19:4-6

As a christain I will say this: I have a definite definition of morality (the bible). I do not beleive that Homosexual behavior of any kind is moral in any way, and I do beleive that Gay Marrage is wrong, and should never be leagalized in any country.

Nowdays there are not many people who do beleive in the bible from front to back (as many have comprimised with the evolutionary beleifs).
But if you found this debate about "Morals" and fare with a more religous way of thinking, you can visit this site for more Answers from Genesis.

I got most of my thinking from this BOOK:

(also the sexual orientation of animals has nothing to do with human sexuality, wtf are you guys thinking about? 0.o)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:04 am

<<

kroati

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:11 am

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:42 am

I agree on your opinion of who god is as if you really read what he says god is an ANGRY DUDE.
off topic though, so shall we get back to the topic rather than religion, mkay?
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:44 am

I didn't even read half of your post King.

http://godhatesshrimp.com/

Fight fire with fire.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:42 am

God i love this topic. It's such a great debate.

If you can't !l0, just pm me a list of names you think should be.

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:11 am

<<

kroati

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:29 am

Its because humans dont adapt to their environment, but they adapt the environment to them.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:32 pm

We are on topic. stfu. The topic has to do with homosexuality in general. Of course religion and evolution will be brought into it.
<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:34 pm

I'm cool with that, its the human adaptation thing, has nothing to do with sexuality.
deleted offending post.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Well then next time quote the off topic sentence and say it's off topic. Don't give them more fodder to burn.
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:53 pm

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:14 am

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:13 am

<<

kroati

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:12 am

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:05 am

This is why I was trying to stay on topic aaron D:
Now its about the bible mostly....
We do, start a new topic, if we did this all the time we would never need more than 2 threads for the whole forum.
<<

kroati

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:42 am

As long as we are keeping it constructive i dont mind going offtopic.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 am

Meh, whatever makes people happy. I don't mind.
<<

The Vibrator

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:29 pm

I think this is getting retarded...the bible is not something worth arguing about -> it is just a source of belief for people and nothing more...nothing in there can be proved, it can only be believed. End of story for me - gg.
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:27 pm

1- For me the bible is, in fact, a fact.
Since this is true, I can go on to say that homosexuality is wrong.

2-Since my beleif in the bible affects what I think about homos, this is entirly on topic.

3- It's pretty off topic to accuse sombody of being off topic. (I won't say any names)

4- Kroati your interpretion of the bible was pretty great. But some points to remember: God had only one rule in the begining. Not the millions we have today. Adam named all the animals in the garden, so he had to have been pretty smart. Also one last thing: God upheld everything in the garden, before the sin of man it was a perfect place. I'm glad to see another Christian online. =)
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Debates