[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Necro vs New Topic
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Necro vs New Topic

Forum rules
Do NOT flame, troll, or otherwise harass other users. This forum is heavily moderated. Posts that violate these rules will be deleted with a warning.
<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:36 am

Necro vs New Topic

You've got this great thing to talk about, but it turns out that a conversation's already been had. You look at the date of the last post in the topic like a good forum user, only to find that the thread is over six months old. Do you necro, or make a new topic? I would much rather make a new topic.

Answer under the pretense that what you had to say was not only relevant to the topic at hand, but also interesting and worth talking about.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:37 am

Re: Necro vs New Topic

Use common sense and better judgement... there really isn't much else to say. It all depends on the specific situation. Also, shouldn't this be a debate?
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:51 am

In my opinion, necroing a topic is fine unless the post is completely off topic. Other than that I'm fine with it.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 pm

<<

CorSair

New Granger
New Granger

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:28 pm

^
I
I
Nub.
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Go ahead and necro it, but at least acknowledge that you're necroing the topic. It makes it look less like you're trolling.
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Why did you move this to debates? This isn't a debate. I'm curious of everyone's opinion, not asking what I should or shouldn't do. Nobody is supposed to be trying to convince other people of anything.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:59 am

Oh, well, there are two differing sides to the topic so it would fit into the debate section, even if we aren't trying to claw each other's guts out this time.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:54 pm

It's not really a debate because I just said that necroing a topic is fine unless the post is completely off topic.

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:45 pm

agreed, starting a new topic regarding something said just leaves a hole in anything you want to say.
the only way that that isn't true is if its completely off topic, in which case don't post in that thread.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:38 am

had to post 3 times in a very dead topic.... hmmm
<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Wow milk. Really digging today, huh?
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:04 pm

No, a spam bot posted three times today before milk posted. I just deleted those posts in the morning.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:21 pm

OBVIOUSLY, necroing topics won.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:16 am

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:59 am

they didnt act that quick, it was a few hours before they were deleted.

Return to Debates