[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Empire or Rebellion?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Empire or Rebellion?

Forum rules
Do NOT flame, troll, or otherwise harass other users. This forum is heavily moderated. Posts that violate these rules will be deleted with a warning.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Empire or Rebellion?

Empire:

Strong
Strength in numbers
Powerful
Mass Production
Lots of Territory
Can Travel Freely Without Fear of Detection
Cool, Evil, Deadly Looking Troops

Rebellion:

Willful
Strength in Tactics
Fairly Tough
Slower Production, but well Worth the Effort
Spread throughout the Galaxy
Must Sneak to Most Places
Lots of Dudes with those Weird Looking Helmets

Discuss.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Empire or Rebellion?

Empire.

Reason? Because empires have technology, power, will, something to fight for and someone to fight for. They probably have great training in gunfights as they are very sophisticated most of the time whereas with a rebellion they just want to bring down the empire and want to follow their own rules. Without rules, without some kind of dictatorship, and empire is likely to fall. Rebellions can be sophisticated with training troops but come on you can't beat technology with old fashioned training.

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Are you sure you understand my reference, Metal?

HINT (play on backwards word association): ratS sraW
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:28 pm

I was thinking of starwars as I typed my reply, so it's all good.

I don't ever read the "games" section of the forum anyway.

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:33 pm

There was a Star Wars topic in the games section?

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Check out the topics in the . I'm pretty sure you'd recognize a few topics.

<<

Faced00d

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Empires by their nature require expansion to not crumble, and then over extension is inevitable.
An empire is powerful and brings high sophistication (I have mentioned before that its up for debate weather this is good or bad) but its demise is inevitable.

Also training can far out weigh technology. The two most important factors in winning a war are aggression and resolve.
Aggression (Blitzkrieg is the perfect example of success from aggression) will win from the enemies inability to react.
Resolve sounds like its the same but its not in these terms: resolve to die where you stand.
these two factors in an enemy who has no fear, no retreat and no recourse. They will press, they will advance, they will not be denied.
The only way to win over these factors is attrition.
<<

1LordAnubis

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 pm

I don't know if you ever saw Fox One's app to join KoR, but it had a pretty good Star Wars reference... viewtopic.php?f=24&t=767&p=9607&hilit=seek+an+audience#p9607

Personally if we're playing Star Wars Battlefront, they're pretty evenly matched.

I must say that I prefer the rebels, the empire is really fucked up if you read the literature... wonder how the number of rebels compare to the number of willing troops...

As far as dictators go.. http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/182h4jp ... iginal.jpg

I wonder how many people would die in a hypothetical empire...
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-George Bernard Shaw

Visit my
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:46 am

I have to agree, I'd side with the Rebellion. Let's just say, there's a reason there's so many of them rebelling.
The Empire was oppressive when it was in power. Much like the countries that Nazi Germany occupied during World War 2, the Empire conquered planets and taxed their trade, established strict regulations, etc.

PS: OMGHAI ANUBIS!
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:49 am

Two year disconnect between discussions.

The most active of clans. ;D

Empire. So I can yell FOR THE EMPEROR.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:42 pm

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Yes, but this is the subject of the rebellion, or the empire. Not the New Republic.
I like the Rebellion better, because the Empire is very corrupt and evil.
Plus, it's too mainstream :P
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:48 pm

I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying