[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - May 21
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

May 21

Forum rules
Do NOT flame, troll, or otherwise harass other users. This forum is heavily moderated. Posts that violate these rules will be deleted with a warning.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 20, 2011 8:19 pm

May 21

All of you by know must know about the May 21 buzz and I just want everyone's opinion.

I myself think it's a crock. When I hear about zombies it kinda got me excited....
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Re: May 21

I just think it's more of a publicity thing. The same thing was greeted with at least, if not more, the same amount of jazz in 1988 and 1992. I really don't think it's going to happen any time soon, in my opinion.

P.S. I am Christian. Just an FYI.
Last edited by Lt. Voss on Fri May 20, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 1992, not 1991. Sorry.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Totally fake. It's even easy to disprove this guy's predictions from the Bible.

Just skip down to verse 13 if you don't want to read all of it.
Matthew 25:1-13
1 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

And also: Mark 13:32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Last edited by Nazgul on Sat May 21, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 20, 2011 8:53 pm

i feel it's like y2k. it's gonna be a big buzz, but nothing extreme will happen. then again the buzz could travel and create something bad instead of it happening naturally. for example, a nuclear war.

<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Nothin. See, religion is just a spastic theological baby.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat May 21, 2011 3:24 am

oh that was this Saturday?

you do know we could all be dead right now, and we're all in purgatory :P
<<

Tojimaru

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat May 21, 2011 9:36 am

Macho Man Randy Savage died...we are all next o.O
[19:57] <+tojimaru> omg, you guys
[19:57] <+tojimaru> if Stewah leaves, we can take over the channel!
[19:57] * You were kicked by Stewah (bitch don't say shit like that!)
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sat May 21, 2011 9:56 am

Just look at how he calculated it then it will be easy to see that it's an obvious hoax. It's in human nature to predict the end of the world.

Might I mention, this is the same guy who predicted that the world would end in the '90s too.

"Here's the gist of Camping's calculation: He believes Christ was crucified on April 1, 33 A.D., exactly 722,500 days before May 21, 2011. That number, 722,500, is the square of 5 x 10 x 17. In Camping's numerological system, 5 represents atonement, 10 means completeness, and seventeen means heaven. "Five times 10 times 17 is telling you a story," Camping said on his Oakland-based talk show, Family Radio, last year. "It's the story from the time Christ made payment for your sins until you're completely saved. I tell ya, I just about fell off my chair when I realized that."

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat May 21, 2011 2:10 pm

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Snake

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 22, 2011 6:47 am

epic fail
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 22, 2011 7:25 am

Don't you all see? we are now all Zombies.

or is it just me? i've been craving brains all morning..... Brainssssssssss.... uhhhhhhhhhhh..... Brainss.......
<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 22, 2011 9:06 am

omg we're all survivors!
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 22, 2011 1:45 pm

I heard about this at 4 AM on Saturday, and lol'd, knowing it's a hoax.
*quotes Nazgul's post but it's shorter to do this so I did it instead*

Also, why debates? Were we supposed to debate this? lol. Probably better off in the "News" section or something. A debate is pointless since it's over and we're still here.
Last edited by Metroidude on Sun May 22, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 22, 2011 3:46 pm

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:49 pm

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:41 pm

omg, how old is this thread. xD
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:04 am

it's a zombie thread now.
<<

kroati

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:02 am

What the fuck is going to happen then?

Did a tl;dr on the thread.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:05 am

The debates forum is for serious discussion, not for posting random pictures that have nothing to do with debating, or the topic.
Thread locked.

Return to Debates