[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Westboro Church
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Westboro Church

Forum rules
Do NOT flame, troll, or otherwise harass other users. This forum is heavily moderated. Posts that violate these rules will be deleted with a warning.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Westboro Church

I'm pretty sure most of everyone here know about the inanity the preachers of this church go out shoving down religion harder than any other today.

Since this is about sensitive topic about religious beliefs, it felt at best to post about it here. What does everyone think about these people? Bat sh%t crazy?

*Fixed title thanks to Iku's "You spell it wrong you dumb bitch".
Last edited by MeatWad490 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Westbro Church

it's westboro, bitch

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Re: Westboro Church

Yep, they're nuts.
There has actually been a petition for a while from baptists to get Westboro to take "baptist" out of it's name, which I have to agree with, since I've read the majority of their site and their theological views do not align with baptist doctrine. I believe at one time they used to be a real, certified church in the baptist denomination but now it's just in their name.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Wow. Just, wow. I've never heard about these people before, but a quick Google search revealed all I'd want to know.
Like Nazgul said, these guys aren't even following real Baptist doctrine, and they're just completely messed up.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:51 pm

<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:54 pm

+1 nice vid, milk.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:16 pm

It was a awesome moment when Anonymous hacked the website branches of Westboro ()

They sit and just freely talk about their bazaar beliefs and even stated all soldiers who died in service of the U.S. military deserved it! It's the most disgraceful thing to say when men and women gave their lives protecting the nation's freedom. They would probably not last a day if they went outside to another nation and talked freely about their made up scripture. Even the KKK disagrees about their message. It's awkward but believe me it's true.

I personally would like to just come to neighborhood and draw satanic signs with goats blood and leave the guts of the animal throughout their building.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:03 pm

As nice as that last bit sounds Meatwad (lol), that's just what they want. I think it's really evident from that video (and all interviews she does for that matter) that what they are really wanting is just attention. They are sensationalists at the very core, going to the utter extreme with their preaching, so that they can get all of this attention. So I think one of the main reasons they keep going, is that the media just keeps feeding them this coverage of everything they do/is done to them. Stop giving them the attention (sure, you can still do those funeral-protections against their pickets) and they will shrink. They are only a few families big, they seem much bigger because they grow with this notoriety (even if it's negative) so they do more aggressive and extreme things.
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:28 pm

The sad part is, that there will be people out there who hear their message and agree with it. :/

Maybe not only agree with it, but go to extremes to get that message even more spread across.

Also, i liked the part in meat's video where the anonymous guy says "Well in my lifetime I've committed over 9000 sins."
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:06 pm

i'm pretty sure i sent meatwad those videos xD. Yeah I'm not a very big fan of them and i completely agree nazgul. If we stop feeding them attention, they will shrink again. But out of curiousity i would love to read their bible, just to see what it says.

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:12 pm

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:03 pm

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:57 pm

i found this on one of their websites, and realized how backwards it is. they are thanking their god for a gay man/men that violated a child....wow i can only laugh at their idiocy

<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:32 pm

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:44 am

<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:29 am

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:58 pm

<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Yeah, sorry if I came off as rude. AFAIK, the version of Bibles baptists use varies from congregation to congregation, and I assume that the Westboro people (or cult) use the KJV because it's usually considered a more conservative translation and they are like beyond hyper-fundamentalism and hyper-calvinism.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Return to Debates