[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - PC vs Console Gaming
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PC vs Console Gaming

Forum rules
Do NOT flame, troll, or otherwise harass other users. This forum is heavily moderated. Posts that violate these rules will be deleted with a warning.
<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Re: PC vs Console Gaming

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 14, 2013 10:16 am

I'm pretty sure aim assist is the same thing as an aim bot, just toned down a bit. It causes the crosshair to gravitate towards a critical spot on a player's body... similar to how an aimbot does it just not as extreme.
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 14, 2013 3:01 pm

If I recall, aim assist speeds up a players crosshair movement when going towards a target, either that or moves the crosshairs itself to the target.
Image Image
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 14, 2013 9:30 pm

At least with Halo's aim assist, it moves you towards the target. I think I've heard it called "sticky targeting" before.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 pm

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 14, 2013 11:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT2fuXnmNbQ is a good example of how aim assist looks.
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 16, 2013 12:50 am

black ops 2 is retarded with the aim assist thats why so many little kids can play it and do decent with these big name shooter games there trying to get everyone to be able to play even if they just picked up a controller its so dumb !
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:14 am

I don't know Qweef, I'd like to see you use the 360 controller to play BF3 on the PC. I think you may be surprised how hard it is to aim with two thumb sticks.
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 16, 2013 12:20 pm

I think i could manage a 1.0 or higher using controller on that game on pc ... maybe ill have to try it out .... and on console I can do fine without aim assist off it honestly only helps a tad bit up close keyboard and mouse is really good for recoil compensation on that game but i'm bad with a keyboard and mouse I would be way better off with a controller ... ill see if my bro can hook up and xbox controller to his laptop and if so ill tell you how it goes for me ... im pretty good with thumb sticks so I think I could do it ... I made a new account on xbox and just played tdm and stuff to see how high I could get and maintain a good k/d and its a 4.3 ... I shouldnt have a problem maintaining a 1.0 on pc all i have to do is buy a thing for my computer to hook up my controller too it ... if I fork out the money will you guys play with me ? would be a good way for me to connect with some of you guys again...
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 17, 2013 5:37 am

Unvanquished *used* to be compatible with an xbox360 controller, but silly sixthly and some other devs didn't like the idea and scrapped it.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 20, 2013 8:13 pm

I don't see why this topic is still active, lol. I think it's been established that PC's are superior to consoles in almost every imaginable way.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 3:51 am

*installs ubuntu on ps3*
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 11:49 am

>ubuntu
>on a console

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 3:28 pm

>raspberry pi
>used for light setting in a table
<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 3:53 pm

>doesn't understand
>why we talk like
>this
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:04 pm

>i think
>iku picked it up
>from 4chan
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:54 pm

That's not how you use the quote delimiter.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat May 25, 2013 10:48 am

>that
>was
>the
>point
>iku
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat May 25, 2013 12:43 pm

So. To get back to the original topic.

Image Image
<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat May 25, 2013 6:50 pm

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat May 25, 2013 11:38 pm

Why not hold a poll?
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 27, 2013 3:29 pm

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 27, 2013 7:40 pm

It's not even that those consoles are "ahead" of current generation PCs. The "architecture" they used to build the console is supposedly more advanced, even when it provides little to no actual performance boost compared to the previous consoles. Today's PCs can still squash tomorrow's consoles, it's just that tomorrow's consoles have flashier (see: shiny but useless) hardware, as opposed to current PCs' spartan but efficient hardware.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:31 pm

pretty sure pcs will always be ahead of consoles. if only for super computers like this: http://www.top500.org/list/2012/11/

when you limit the specs of a machine, you limit the experience of everybody using the machine.

Ya can't operate 10 petaflops on a console.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:57 am

Nubs
<<

Razor

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:44 am

pretty late to reply here buuuuuuut i choose pc :D better games in my opinion :D but that's just me :D
Previous

Return to Debates