[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Day z or war z ?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Day z or war z ?

Forum rules
Do NOT flame, troll, or otherwise harass other users. This forum is heavily moderated. Posts that violate these rules will be deleted with a warning.
<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Day z or war z ?

A buddy of mine on Xbox was telling me about these games and they sound awesome ... Which one is better and why
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Day z or war z ?

WarZ has a terrible administration running it now and has some really bad rap.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:22 pm

Day Z is only a mod, but it's getting it's own standalone game soon.
War Z is basically a cheap ripoff of dayz, trying to cash in quick on DayZ's fame.
War Z was also on steam and got removed after only a day i think because so many people complained about how it was really bad and nothing like they advertised.
people also got banned from the official forums for voicing opinions that were negative, and i think this also banned them from the game because the 2 were linked.

Day Z is be far the better even if it is still a bit buggy.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Day Z as far as I know gives the player everything that is promised. Last I checked, War Z had some many staged screenshots, false advertising, administrators saying that features would be added and never were, terrible server administrators, and the "developers" are the worst, copying things, even other games.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:40 pm

From what I've heard, War Z is literally just a really bad ripoff of Day Z.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:58 pm

WarZ is basically an old game from that developer they reskinned, added zombies and charged money for.
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:53 pm

What about the gameplay of warz ? I know it was copied but is it good in someways that dayz isn't ?
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:14 pm

No. Gameplay sucks.

Read any of the reviews and they all say pretty much the same thing- Hackers, Spawn Campers, glitches, and a host of other problems make the game not worth even thinking about playing. Here are just a few of the reviews for War Z.

It got a 23%. Twenty. Three.

"Instead, The War Z’s “Foundation Release” is littered with bugs and other technical issues. Gameplay wise it just isn’t all that fun at this point either, where the high spawn rate of weapons, as well as fear of hackers, makes the majority of player interaction in The War Z overly punishing and one-dimensional. The laundry list of currently missing features, such as skill points and missions, only make it more exasperating. Someday War Z could be good, but for now it’s just disappointing."

"Anecdotally, I’ve been killed by hackers two or three times in 60-plus deaths. Compared with Bohemia’s game, I’m relatively happy: I haven’t had to watch helplessly as all the players on a server were teleported into the ocean or into a pile of bear traps, as I did in DayZ. Hackers remain an issue but one I’ve experienced less in The War Z. Hopefully things will get better, not worse, if the game sees an influx of players when it re-releases on Steam.

The behavior of legitimate players has actually been a bigger problem. Despite the size of the world, spawn camping is a constant fear in The War Z. Spawn locations for new characters are predetermined, and it’s normal for these areas to be watched—even on low-population servers, I’ve found. I’ve been killed before the game completes loading (off my SSD, no less), with no chance to move or respond, 14 times. On several of these defenseless lives, I’d brought gear into the game that I’d purchased from the marketplace and lost it instantly."

"Maybe I'm just a sucker for hopeless cases, because there's no doubt that The War Z is a barrel-scraping production. The idea is an open-world zombie massively multiplayer game on a map of Colorado, where up to 100 players move around the various towns and encampments snaffling supplies and weapons. The reality is a game that wouldn't have been cutting-edge on PlayStation 2. Its rudimentary architecture is almost comical; the buildings are crude cuboids, either solid or hollow, jammed together in little lines. Outside of the buildings things get even worse, with perhaps the defining image being your character's ridiculous three-frame melee attack. You want to know about the audio? The last game I played with worse sound effects was Two Worlds - and you can quote me on that."

"I am angry about the WarZ. I'm very angry. I'm quite hurt personally because anyone can see how similar the words are, and while the average gamer knows the difference individual people don't. I've had family members/close friends mistake the difference and confront me about what they believed was unethical behavior they thought I was making. I really don't think anyone can understand just quite how exasperated that can make you feel when you've gambled everything on something, put your whole self and reputation on the line. So it hasn't made my life very pleasant and I disagree entirely with the conduct and how consumers have been treated.

I think the word "scam" is such a loaded word that isn't really relevant in the discussion, much like the word "terrorist" is a very loaded word and very much dependent on point of view."

In all Honesty, wait for the games to be polished off. Day Z is currently better right now, but is nowhere from being done.
Image Image
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:05 pm

The game claims to support 100 players, yet I don't think it supports 50. Have you ever played Combat Arms, Alliance of Valiant Arms, or similar games? Like how it has the lobby system with a "moderator" that can't do anything? Yeah, it's kind of like that, only the "moderators" love to ban whoever they want. You can buy weapons with real money in their store, but upon death those guns are gone. Yeah, money sinks. There are hackers on the account of how easy it is to hack it, with of course no administrative support aside from "ban everyone except me and those who are obviously hacking". No random spawns, meaning if a player simply sits by a spawn he can kill endless waves of other players. Oh, they also pretty much reskinned War Inc. and called it "War Z".

It claims to be the first zombie survival MMO, yet, you can obviously see they're lagging behind with Day Z out. The game itself is 15 USD, and the EULA and TOS proudly states that even if a zombie apocalypse did happen or your arms got blown off or whatever, you will NEVER get a refund ever. You can't return the game or anything. The game developers also blatantly lie just about everything. The "100 sq. km" they promised their game world to be, a measurement taken showed it was only about 9.17 sq. km total. The lead developer also insulted users when he edited the Steam description after users complained that most of it was a load of bull, and said it wasn't "[his] fault players misread the description."

If that is a game you want to pay for, buy, or a development team to support, go ahead. But I certainly wouldn't even give them the time of day on the fear that they'd charge me to talk to them. And then again to do it in an accent.

Some links:

One of the comments a bit farther down has a better comparison between some of the zombies.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:48 pm

I believe is relevant
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Have you guys ever played war z ? Just wondering I don't like to go by review from other people and big companies ... Socom was reviewed pretty harsh yet it was a great game to me ... Glitches bugs and hacks are in every game ... Sorry to seem like I'm a pro war z I just want to hear from someone that played both games for an extended amount of time ...
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:06 pm

It's not just a bad copy. Its literally the exact same thing as Day Z, only done way worse with way more bugs, glitches, screwups, flaws, etc.
At least, from what I've heard.
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 pm

If its from what you HEARD please don't post ...
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Just wait on the games, they aren't worth the money right now. I played a tad of war z on my friends computer the other day ... I was disgusted
Image Image
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Don't plan on buying on either of them. Don't even buy War Z at all. The development team that created Day Z are working on the "stand alone" version of the game since it's selling itself more than playing Arma II.

The best thing to do is to wait. In the mean time: take a look at this article from

The graphics from the screen shots look even better from the mod. When this comes up and take a look from a few gameplay videos, I'm sure to throw my bank card at the screen yelling to take all of my money.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."

Return to Debates