[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Xbox One vs PS4
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Xbox One vs PS4

Forum rules
Do NOT flame, troll, or otherwise harass other users. This forum is heavily moderated. Posts that violate these rules will be deleted with a warning.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Xbox One vs PS4

As Sony and Microsoft announce their new products and advertise them at E3 this year, many gamers ask themselves which new console they'll be buying.
But what do you guys think? I like to know everyone's thoughts on the new consoles.
Do your research, consider your options, and then let me know which one you'd buy and why: The Xbox One, or the PS4.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: Xbox One vs PS4

Oh no, here we go....

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:46 pm

It's called a debate forum, isn't it? :P
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:26 am

If any of you by the Xbone I'll have my leave of you.

Buying that is the first shovel on the grave of privacy and gaming. They're trying to use draconian rulings to turn the Xbox into a rental service. If you're banned, you lose access to PHYSICAL DISCS that you purchased IN PERSON at a store.

And don't you give me no lip about it not supporting them just because you, one person, buys it. That's bystander effect in action. Vote with your money. Buy a PS4 if you must, though they're not doing much better, they're not trying to pound stipulations into their ToS.

Do note I'm not praising Valve, they have some pretty nasty rulings, but in general tend to err on the side of the game-owners. Even if you're banned from Steam, which is damn hard to do, you can still access your games, you just can't purchase anything.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:56 am

wth metro, there are 3! consoles not just 2.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:41 am

3! = 6... I don't get it.
I don't think they'll do good since most "grown-ups" use computers while some primary-school kids are still on those consoles. We've got community-made emulators for consoles, and they can't do anything about it.
If you've got a powerful computer for the cost of just a thousand dollars, why buy a console when you can just put an emulator on your computer? Yes it won't feel perfect, but I'm sure there are games out there that aren't "exclusive" for the consoles, hence people buy or even kat/pirate bay-it to get the game.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:54 am

Milk if you're alluding to the Wii U, I don't really include that in this debate because it's already been released last year. If you really want me to update it, I will.
<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:53 am

Well I'm not getting the Xbox. One unless they change some of there dumb things like the 24 hour check in to play a game ... I might not always have Internet ... Ps4 doesn't excite me to much though but I wanna play bf4 on a console because I'm good with a controller. I don't know what I wanna do :(
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:17 pm

imo wiiU is better than both. I'm debating getting a 3ds right now because it's doing so well. Seriously, Zelda OOT, Super Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, and a huge assortment of old awesome games on the Nintendo network. Plus that dsTwo thing that people do I guess. This console is awesome.

As far as xbox1 vs ps4 goes i think the ps4 will be better, though I'm not going to spend my money on either. In the whole last year that I've had an xbox live gold account, I've spent maybe a total hour playing online with other people. The most fun I've had on my xbox was playing offline with friends in the room with me. The xbox one has no features that I like and in total looks really unattractive to me. The ps4 looks better, but only by a small shot. Picking between the two is like picking your poison. A person might as well get a PC, which will not only have all the features of an xboxone, but will perform them better and give the person more control and personalization options.

I don't think anybody is excited for halo 5 anyways, and that would really be the (only) selling point of the xboxone.

It should also be noted that I'm a nintendo fan, and have always been a nintendo fan. So I might be biased, but wiiU > ps4 > xbutt1.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:43 pm

i will not be buying either. I'm happy with my PC and will be able to get most games for the ps4 or xboxone anyway.

<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Qweef, if you really want to play with a controller, hook up your controller to your computer. You then get one of the biggest bonuses to consoles without having to buy one.
Image Image
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:33 am

Shadow you nub controller vs controller I'm good at ... Controller vs keyboard and mouse user is really hard ... In bf3 I could do it against average players but not against really good pc players they are nuts !! I've played against some of the best Xbox player that use controllers and there killable I've also run into really good keyboard and mouse people on bf3 and there near impossible to kill... I could manage on pc but I'd never be good just average at best :/
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:38 am

My concern's probably pretty typical of me:

There are probably going to be more JRPGs released on the PS4 than on the Xbox One.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:32 am

Well what do you expect, Sony's asian. Xbox is american.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:59 am

Xbox isn't that popular in Japan, micro$oft spent a lot of money trying to break into the market over there.
i read somewhere that when the 360 (i think might've been the first xbox) was new the guys at sega proposed dreamcast support for the xbox, micro$oft turned it down, Japanese were real big fans of the dreamcast and it could've cracked the market for them.
but micro$oft are nubs like that.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:08 am

Wii U's also japanese, but it doesn't have as many as I thought it would have (considering I can't think of a single one, but then again I don't pay that much attention to consoles).

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:17 pm

While both the Wii U and the PlayStation line are both made in Japan, I think the reason the Wii U doesn't have as many JRPG's is because of it's marketed audience. It's focused towards casual and family gameplay, whereas the PlayStations haven't (or at least, not specifically marketed to such a specific audience). And generally speaking, families and casual gamers don't buy JRPG's as much as the dedicated fanbase does.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Wii U is focused more onto things like adventure games and things with more interaction, RPGs don't really work for that. although there were a few good rpgs on the wii. mainly jrpg
<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:11 pm

The xbox one is retarded. Who is their target audience again? People who want to be stalked and advertised to at the same time?
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Image Image
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Yep, I was just about to post that, too.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:51 pm

well the wii had Xenoblade Chronicals, and the wiiU will have X. that's all the jrpgs I could think of.

Don't most jrpgs get ported to the pc anyways?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Not really. Most of the Atelier series aren't on the PC, for example.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:37 pm

I might get an Xbox now just depends on how much xbl is gonna be ...
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:43 am

I think XBL will be the same that it has always been.
In light of that recent news, I may reconsider my opinion on the Xbox One. Although, that doesn't change the fact that the people at Microsoft are stupid and have no common sense, not to mention have no empathy when they release their products. I mean seriously, if they would've asked me about those "features", I could've predicted that everyone would hate it.
But there's still the really really creepy Kinect. And the general lack of features when compared to the PS4.
Microsoft's "next step for gaming" is apparently TV...

I love my 360. I thought that it's better than the PS3 in some senses, equal in some, and inferior in a few.
But when I heard about the Xbox One vs the PS4, I'm honestly considering buying a PS4 just so I don't have to put up with Microsoft's crap any more.
<<

AsterisK

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:41 pm

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:36 am

what did you do Astwoo? try to sex gabe with a cactus?
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Hmm... or ?...

Nope.
I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Wow, that's terrible.

Looking past poor business practices and debating just about the quality of the product, I'd definitely have to go with the PS4, because:
It's faster,
It has better user support,
backwards compatibility has been announced,
it's cheaper,
and better exclusive games.
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Metro how do you know there's better exclusives for ps4 there's like 3 games out for both systems ... I waiting for them to fix console issues when the systems first come out there usually prone to break and when a good exclusive game comes out. exclusive games for both systems don't have me excited ...
Next

Return to Debates