[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Feminism versus self-esteem
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Feminism versus self-esteem

Forum rules
Do NOT flame, troll, or otherwise harass other users. This forum is heavily moderated. Posts that violate these rules will be deleted with a warning.
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Feminism versus self-esteem

http://mattforney.com/2013/09/16/the-ca ... lf-esteem/

Read this. Discuss.

Edit: My opinion- I honestly think that while this guy may have some truth to his statement as long as you read between the lines of what he is saying, I also think that what he says is also extremely wrong. For example: " A lesbian is just a straight girl who never got a good deep dicking." I think that part of this may be true. I honestly think that there are some people who associate themselves with the Lesbian/Gay community that had such bad experiences with the opposite sex that they decided never to try again. Now do I agree with his exact words? No. Hell No. But if you read into what he is attempt to convey behind his extremely vulgar words there is a bit of truth hiding.
Image Image
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Re: Feminism versus self-esteem

There's not really much to debate there. That article has so many logical fallacies and poor evidence, and to top it all off, it's from a blog post from a guy without any sort of psychological education or credibility. Obviously, I don't agree with him. Maybe I'll post more later.

But you should give you own opinion on the article first, before you expect us to debate it. I don't like it when people just post a link to the article and say "Discuss." It's like a host inviting people to his home, bringing them in, and saying "Have fun." and then just sitting there and watching.
(I don't mean any of this to degrade you, I'm just trying to show you my reasoning behind my asking for you to state your opinion first.)
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:23 pm

"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:57 am

starting with my view on the portion of that article that i tried so hard to read. he acts as if females make the choice to only pick certain jobs, as if we have the choice. "The vast majority of girls work useless fluff jobs: government bureaucrats, human resources and various other makework positions that exist to give them the illusion of independence. The jobs that keep the country running—tradesmen, miners, farmers, policemen, the military—are still overwhelmingly dominated by men. If every girl was fired from her job tomorrow, elementary schools would have to shut down for a couple days, but otherwise life would go on as usual." WHY do women work fluff jobs? because women don't have the choice or access to do other jobs. tradesmen? there are women out there that do it. but in my own opinion, men are better liars and thus can bring in more business. miners? again, i don't have facts to back this up but it's opinion. I feel that men have a better body build for the physical labor it takes to work in a mine, plus you bring up thick headed men who would harass any female that would try to work down in a mine. saying she doesn't belong. farmers. again, plenty of women are farmers. policemen. again i bring up physical strength, being females usually have a lighter frame to begin with they don't have as much of that brute strength to force others to submission., MILITARY OHOHOHOHOHO MILITARY!. WHY is there a massive difference in the male to female ration in the military? because for the longest time women couldn't even JOIN the military, then it was brought to only desk jobs and nurses. and up until VERY recently, women couldn't even join the front lines, they couldn't be infantry, artillery, TACP, combat controller, combat pilots, pararescuemen. it was against the LAW for us to be apart of any of those jobs, i didn't even mention them all. i didn't even bother reading past that point.

now onto PBs point. if discrimination was completely ignored, think of all the extremists in the world. what if , in a very unlikely case, every single store and business in a large area only catered or hired straight white males. what would all the people in that area that were female, black (or any other ethnicity), or gay do? they couldn't use those businesses or get jobs in that area. what about those who enjoy beating people they don't like? random acts of violence that wouldn't be address because they didn't want to upset the ignorance of discrimination.

<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:15 pm

"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."

Return to Debates