[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - riDDLes
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

riDDLes

<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 11, 2014 3:10 pm

riDDLes

Hi all, here are a few riddles to get your heads around if your bored. (:

Please note that i did take these off the internet, so try your best to solve them without using Google!!!

Two girls ate dinner together. They both ordered ice tea. One girl drank hers very fast and finished five of them in the time it took the other to drink one. The girl who drank one died while the other survived. All of the drinks were poisoned.

Why did the girl that drank more ice tea survive?

A man is in court for killing his wife. In the closing statements the man's lawyer surprises everyone when he announces "His wife was just missing. Everyone look at those doors. His wife is going to walk in those doors in about 30 seconds."The entire court is silent and the jury stares at the door as the lawyer and the defendant stare at them. After a couple of minutes the lawyer says "See! If you were so sure he killed his wife, you wouldn't be watching that door!"

The jury goes into deliberation and comes back almost immediately with a guilty verdict.

Why did the jury convict him?

Paul is 20 years old in 1980, but only 15 years old in 1985.

How is this possible?

Ill post the answers when i put up new riddles, ill probably put up some every week! Ill probably stop if the thread doesn't get much enthusiasm.

hybrid
Image Image Image
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Sun May 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: riDDLes

Figured out the first 2 for sure.

not so sure about the third, beyond some really sort of silly frame of reference stuff.
"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 11, 2014 6:18 pm

I think I got them. Third one seems wonky at the least.
Image Image
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 11, 2014 7:20 pm

First, I want to say that I hate riddles that aren't based in logic. If the answer has some very obscure connection, I don't really enjoy riddles.
But thanks for presenting an issue to be solved. I guess we're not posting the answers, so I'll just think about them.
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Haha, glad to see there is some interest!

Mwhahaha! youre all gonna kick yourselves when you find out the answer to the last one! Will put up new ones + answers either tomorrow or the following day.
Image Image Image
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 12, 2014 2:15 pm

Oh and metriodude i completely agree with you on the logical aspect of your post; i just didnt want to post too many that required much maths as i think for the majority of people its less fun! still i cant speak for the entire forum! These are pulled off the internet remember!!! (:
Image Image Image
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 12, 2014 8:58 pm

Answer for #3, which may or may not be correct:

These are fun.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 13, 2014 4:41 am

1. The other one was trying to save the one who drank only one by "slipping it past" without getting her to know what's going on
2. "Jokes are not to occur in such situations"
3. Time Machine? Plastic Surgury? Mental age decreased?
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 13, 2014 7:50 am

Well, Axis, you are correct. Well done! :P

Here are the answers, i will folllow up this post with a few more riddles:

1. The poison was in the middle of the ice.

2. The defendant (guilty man) wasn't looking at the door. He knew his wife wasn't coming.

3. The dates are in BC.
Last edited by Hybrid on Tue May 13, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 13, 2014 8:26 am

Next set of 3:

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

One evening a man started to run. Then he turned left. Soon after, he turned left again. Then he started running home. When he got home there were 2 masked men waiting for him. Who were they?

Two mothers and two daughters went to the mall. They had $27 and split it evenly without using coins. How is this possible?
Image Image Image
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Tue May 13, 2014 10:43 pm

got one and 2 correct. I am disappoint by 3... the name paul is named after a guy who got his name after the calendar switched to Anno Domini .

4 is clearly "the guy who wrote these sentence structures would totally fail that part of the SAT."

I have heard 5 before, but cant seem to remember the answer.

got 6 for sures. (BITCOIN!)
"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 14, 2014 8:59 am

Hahah cool. answers will be up tomorrow with yet another set of 3.
Image Image Image

Return to Humor & Quizzes