[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Minecraft Server
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Minecraft Server

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:03 am

Minecraft Server

I accidentally the whole previous thread, so here's a new one:

Knights of Reason Official Minecraft Server - Survival (hosted by KoR):
knightsofreason.net
Last edited by Aaron5367 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:04 am

Re: Minecraft Server

Reserved for details for a server.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

The KoR-MC survival server is hosted on the KoR server. Its rules are more strict than those of the KoR-MC Creative server in order to retain a more single player survival atmosphere. Additionally, the player shop is more expensive (currently 2x the item worth) in order to encourage actual playing. The server itself is graylisted: players must post on the forums to build but may just view as much as they like. Players may choose where they wish to go based upon the portals at the end of the path from the spawn.

1) Use common sense, honestly.
2) Do not deface nor wreck any server admin-owned locations (ie the spawn or portals).
3) Respect other players and their items.
4) Those with the power to spawn items should delete them unless being used for official, sanctioned server business.
5) Report any problems on this or these forums, include your location (hit f3 and get your coordinates).
6) Do not build around the spawn.

Address: knightsofreason.net

Software: bukkit r1000

Plugins:

iChat

SimpleSave
Statistician

WhosThere
WorldEdit
WorldGuard
Last edited by Aaron5367 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Reserved for other stuff.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:20 am

-.- Don't take the blame. T'was myself. I meant to delete the shadow topics and accidentally boomed the real thing. Here's what was in my cache from before. Sorry everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just add yourself to the list if you feel like joining. (Please include your ingame name, just to make managing the user lists slightly easier). If you can

Members:
RevolutionMaster (IGN: RevolutionMaster)
Lt. Voss (IGN: Lt_Voss)
-DS-
Pale <- Has moderator level so he can add people
Domingo (IGN: Domingo_is_Sunny)
Maro
Nazgul (IGN: Vendetta312)

KoR Members who happen to play:
Asterisk (IGN: LaCaemis)
Metal (IGN: Cajunfiend)
Aaron
Stewie (IGN: AngryOverlord)
DaylightDies (IGN: vjohnnyc) - :o

Interested Players that aren't in KoR:
superphulous <- Can add people too

SERVER INFO: mc.knightsofreason.net:6112 (include the :6112 !)
Server rules: At the spawnpoint.

Temp Server info:
Vanilla Minecraft running in a 64-Bit HotSpot JRE
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.8GHz, 4 allocated cores
3GB DDR2, 2GB allocated for Minecraft. (We have yet to go above 380MB RAM usage with HotSpot's aggressive garbage collection!)
8 Player Slots

Permanent Server Info:
In the coming weeks, once I get more memory into the final system, we'll move to that. The world will be fully and safely migrated.
Bukkit Mod running in a 64-Bit HotSpot JRE
3 out of 4 cores allocated on a 2.3GHz Core 2 Quad.
2 GB memory allocated in a virtual machine
RAID 5!
If/when we need to go past 8 players, I'll pick up a full copy of McMyAdmin. Group management FTW!

If you need to contact me, you can contact me at revolutionmaster@knightsofreason.net, and I'll probably respond to you in a reasonable amount of time, provided that I'm not camping/dead.

Older stuff I don't feel like editing out:

I've got a 15/15mbps fiber line and a spare quad-core server, so why not put it to use. In the short term/until we have a need for it, we'll be running an 8-person server because I don't have lots of spare RAM and a decent server wrapper. Given the fate of the original KoR Minecraft server, I'm inclined to run a wrapper that supports good background backups.

If anyone's interested in joining, feel free to chime in, and maybe we can put together a structure.

Feeling generous? You can donate bitcoins to 1CBykpfYAcvBdbdfwcuuoGHM87JzKJtsnz .

It's a crazy fiat currency with no real world value, and it can be gained by wasting CPU time. All real-world donations should be directed to the KoR paypal fund.
Last edited by DaylightDies on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:48 am

I wanna join. IGN: KingNickolas
:< I was here on the last thread and you didn't add me.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

tetrisnext

VIP Moderator
VIP Moderator

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:47 am

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
<<

Domingo

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Back from the dead!
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:08 am

Server is now ready to be played on, everything has been set up and there are about 3 players on during normal hours. Additionally I set up a statistics plugin along with iChat.
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Hmm, I was able to connect to the new server easily (and it seemed playable over T-mobile's network via my Droid, which is impressive), but I'm not set up there yet.

Minecraft name: recursiveloop
Nick: Fox_One

Having trouble connecting to the old server though... and I want to see my house...
I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Last edited by Rev on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:50 am

Survival server's item prices have all been updated and everyone's balances cleared.
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:06 pm

What's the retention time on the survival server scheduled to be?

Since we never had a chance to complete the old vote, do we want to wipe the (creative) server's map for 1.8 or not?
<<

Eagle

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Yea we should clear it for 1.8, otherwise we wont have the new land features and stuff.
-ex scientia vera-
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:36 pm

I've been worrying
I've been worrying
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:13 am

Clearing the survival server for 1.8 will take a bit... There's a lot of things that were worked hard on in there over a period of 2 days.
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:26 am

Are we in favor of wiping the creative server and posting the old map?

(I could also MCEdit some select buildings in). Bear in mind that the MCEdit schematic files won't copy sign information or chest contents.
Last edited by Rev on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:54 pm

I've been worrying
I've been worrying
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:58 am

Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:34 am

Those of you who want access appropriate to your level, if you could please just connect and disconnect to the KoR survival server it'd be great.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Err.. about those plugins. Do we have to download all of them or is it optional if we want the features they offer?
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:55 pm

The features they offer are all server-side, everyone has them.
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:09 pm

Planned downtime until this storm passes. We've had one power outage, data loss prevented by a UPS.

EDIT: As my signature obviously shows, the storm passed a while ago. Total downtime was less than an hour.
Last edited by Rev on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:48 am

Err.. we're having a problem with gigantic zombies and random people-looking monsters that attack you. (Don't know if the former is supposed to be there, but the people are definitely a problem... nearly killed me with a stack of iron.)
Last edited by Axis on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 am

They're both features. Don't attack the monsters and they'll leave you alone.
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Storms are passed. Server is back online.
Last edited by Rev on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Server outage on the 28th:

On the 28th, the Philadelphia area is expected to get hit with Irene, and as a precautionary measure, I'm going to take the server offline until the storm passes, starting when the storm hits, continuing until it either passes or when we get power back.

We could always move the server over to the KoR VPS.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:13 pm

I am not sure if the KoR VPS could support two MC servers... I may need your assistance in configuring them either way. We have 4 GB of RAM, but the CPU usage tends to be fairly high. It's probably pretty possible to just have two, item-specific worlds though.
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:09 am

I 'd have to look at the conform, but optimization could be possible, cutting axr back to just diamonds for example.
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Bleh. Random power outages suck.

EDIT: Server is back online.
Last edited by Rev on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Information