[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Minecraft.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Minecraft.

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:27 am

Minecraft.

if/when Aaron gets the server up, is anybody even going to be playing?

i'm really looking forward to playing, it would be nice to have a couple of regulars to chat with though. nothings more boring than solo minecraft.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:12 am

Re: Minecraft.

Probably. The only reason I repeatedly stop playing on our servers is they degenerate into creative mode servers.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:26 am

I'll probably be on a little bit.

I've tried hard with the survival server to make sure no one abuses it to be a "creative server" though :-/.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:31 am

Its not like it happens all at once, its just small infractions over an extended period of time until it escalates into madness.

Or the shops in general.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 am

well on the current one, we were trying to build a train station thing so people could easily get away from spawn and into build-able areas.
but we ended up just making some weird sandstone/wood/glass thing with no actual transport.

i think we need sign portals, or teleports of some kind.
on another server they had like 4 signs each going to a point on a compass that was 1000 blocks away from spawn.

now i think maybe we should have something like that, and so spawn protection would extend for that 1000x1000 zone.
and within that zone have like "plots" where people can come and build statues, houses, monuments or whatever they fancy.
but no creative mode, and no admin shops.

also, if nobody is too bothered with the server maybe we could run a tekkit one.
maybe a trial of a week or something to see if people like it (probably not)
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:39 am

See, again, what's wrong with a basic server. Why do we need 1000x1000 spawn protection, or plots of any kind. I think all we need is a spawnhouse with a rules board. I see no real reason for anything more.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:11 pm

the 1000x1000 spawn protection was my doing. I had hosted several servers before that had a small protected sign board and nothing more. What happens is everyone builds their house right on the spawn and there's a territory fight for it--- makes the server look hideous. It sounds great as an idea, but it makes everyone cluster around one area and not spread out.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:46 pm

as long as theres a warp or something to take people away from spawn i'm happy.

is there going to be protection? don't wanna get griefed.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Logblock will be available like before. Allows rolling back and checking who did what.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:25 pm

that didn't really help, especially once someone has raped your house.

i mean sure it's easy to roll it back, but finding your house totaled is heart breaking.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:31 pm

oh boy.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:24 pm

<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:02 pm

lolwut. that's kinda crazy. how is that even fun? they spend 3 and a half hours doing that to see what?
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:03 pm

I'm pretty sure fox reverted it all with one command too.
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:18 am

Aaron, I sent you a couple of IRC messages about that when it happened - I guess you didn't get them. Anubis found that video and pointed it out to me. I later banned several of the members of that group, and I was able to revert some of the damage in the area but not quite everything. I also put protections on everything near the spawn that wasn't already covered.

On a possibly unrelated note, there was also a very large section of ocean that was completely missing just east of the treehouse. I never found any log of anyone using drain on it, and I couldn't get it to refill.
I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 am

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:45 am

so i think this is why we need whitelist, not grey list or no list.

if people want to join they should register here first. or at least make them register to get build rights.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:37 am

I remember getting the messages. I just had no idea it was that extreme.
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:32 am

I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 am

Currently the way it is implemented is that everyone has to register to build period, but anyone can walk around and wander. But I'm not sure how to intelligently go about protecting everyone who's registered's blocks. It seems like a bad idea overall, as suddenly Milk puts a block in front of Pale's house, and Pale can't touch it since it's protected... The best we can do is WorldGuard areas, but then this allows anyone to protect any area of any size. What I had offered before was if people requested, I could define a reasonably sized cube around their house to bedrock that was reserved for them--- that no one could build in.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:38 am

well what if there was like a 3000x3000 limit to the main spawn world, then have like a few 1000x1000 "worlds" that are purely for mining that can be reset every couple of days or when needed (this would be admin only, and hopefully make it so nobody can log out in that world so they don't get buried alive during a reset)

then in the 3000x3000 world there can be plots for "sale" from 50x50 up to 150x150.
where there will be a limit on the number of plots you can have.
don't want one person having like 1500x1500 worth of space, one person can have a max of 150x150 space or something.

but even re-reading that over it does sound kinda bad and hard to manage.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:57 am

what kind of an idea is that? milk, what are you taking?

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:21 am

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 pm

My stance towards yours remains: against.

Milk, the idea you are proposing is like that of a community and doesn't feel like survival.

Also, could someone remind me of spawning at your bed was working?
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:58 pm

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.

Return to Discussion