[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Random Doodle Dump + Big Project
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Random Doodle Dump + Big Project

Forum rules
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Random Doodle Dump + Big Project

So I got an idea for a drawing I wanted to do but I realised that I needed to get some help drawing. So, I looked up some tutorials on YouTube and here's what I ended up with. I started with the smallsword in the upper left corner based off a reference image from google and continued drawing another sword and an axe. Then I wanted to draw armour, so I looked it up on YouTube and this is what I ended up with. I've also doodled various things around the page, mostly for concepts, like the boot facing the viewer and the disembodied arm to try my hand at folds in clothes.

Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: Random Doodle Dump + Big Project

Nice, dude. I don't think I could draw something like that.
Is this just a hobby of yours? Do you do stuff like that a lot?
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Drawing swords and the like, yes, but I've never been remotely good at drawing people. It's partly why I tried to draw plate armour, because I don't have to worry about clothes folds.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:05 am

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:53 pm

nice voss and lol at the come on with the trem drawing, I like that one too :)
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:13 pm

I tried going for a profile this time. Unfortunately, I messed up several things, including the helmet size, the left hand, and probably the rain too.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:08 am

It looks fine if you were trying to make him look like an Elite from Halo xD
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:55 am

nice :D looks freakin great man! keep up the good work :>

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:26 am

I should have another one up soon. EDIT: Here it is -

Also, I'm thinking of writing a story/series using this drawing as a base for a character. Does anyone want in on this? If you do, feel free to leave a description of a character you'd like in the story, I'll try and draw him/her as best I can. It will obviously be a medieval setting. I'll do my best to draw clothing including folds, and I'll even try to get some shading in, but keep in mind I'm no van Gogh or Picasso.

If you want a character (even if you don't want me to draw him/her -- even though I could use the practise to be honest), kindly give me:

Name:
Country (of origin, so England, France, etc.):
Role (Knight, Archer, Bard, Thief, etc.):
Alignment (DnD - Lawful-Neutral-Chaotic and Good-Neutral-Evil):
Beholden to (are you a servant, a member of a guild, a freelancer):
Royal Blood (comes with benefits but also with penalties like people reacting resentfully or welcoming):
Coat of Arms (yes or no, please describe as best you can):

[This Section is mostly if you want me to draw your character but feel free to submit this info even if you don't want me to]
Physicals (general heights, weights, skin/hair/eye colour [mostly useless in pencil but I will try], etc.):
Outfits (armour, clothes, both?, hats, helms, etc.):
Weapons (please try to make them wield something based in reality, in other words no swords the size of a smart car, no double axes, hammers bigger than the char's head, etc.):
Imperfections (scars, stubby/long limbs, injuries/ailments, etc.):
Specials (trinkets, symbols, sigils, tattoos, etc.):

So For Example, I'd Write With My Character -
Name: Wernher Voss
Country (of origin, so England, France, etc.): Holy Roman Empire (Germany)
Role (Knight, Archer, Bard, Thief, etc.): Knight/Halberdier
Alignment (DnD - Lawful-Neutral-Chaotic and Good-Neutral-Evil): Chaotic Good
Beholden to (are you a servant, a member of a guild, a freelancer): Teutonic Knights
Royal Blood (comes with benefits but also with penalties like people reacting resentfully or welcoming): Yes
Coat of Arms (yes or no, please describe as best you can): Square divided into 4 parts. Top Right and Bottom Left are Blue. Top Left - Imagine drawing a pentagram star starting at bottom left, to top center, to bottom right, then to left with an upward curve. [Kind of like / -> \ -> ) ]. Bottom right is a capital T rotated about 45 degrees clockwise with two dots on either side of the stem about midway.

Age (general, will help with build): Early/Mid Twenties
Physicals (general heights, weights, skin/hair/eye colour [mostly useless in pencil but I will try], etc.): Tall, Muscular but not Overly so, White skin, Black/Brown hair, Blue eyes.
Outfits (armour, clothes, both?, hats, helms, etc.): Half-Plate and Chainmail with Bevor, Spaulders, Plate Bracers and Gauntlets, Chest Plate, Plate skirt, Faulds, Chain Pants, Plate Greaves, Plate Boots.
Weapons (please try to make them wield something based in reality, in other words no swords the size of a smart car, no double axes, hammers bigger than the char's head, etc.): Halberd, Smallsword, Heater Shield, Longsword.
Imperfections (scars, stubby/long limbs, injuries/ailments, etc.): None.
Specials (trinkets, symbols, sigils, tattoos, embellishments, etc.): Has a Schwarze Kreuz (Black Cross) over left breast on chest plate. Right Shoulder plate has top left symbol of coat of arms, Left Shoulder plate has bottom right symbol of coat of arms. Bracers and Greaves are lined with a simple engraving.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:24 pm

That's pretty good. One thing to note though, is that his legs appear uneven.
This sounds like a cool thing, Voss :) It's interesting to see how we could make a character and then you imagine it up.
When I have time, maybe I'll submit one.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:48 am

Yeah, I realised too late his right leg is oddly shaped. I don't think they are disproportionate so much as I misdrew the greave on his right leg horribly and that's probably what gave it the bad look.

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:44 am

Double post/necro, ban pls.

So I've been drawing on and off between writing for my Fire Emblem awakening fan fiction (as if the game wasn't basically a self-insert fan fiction as it is), and I've got a couple new things to show for you guys.

- In my honest opinion a greatly improved skill/style level from the first one. Wernher Voss is ready for war.

- Tried something new, combining perspective, angular lettering, and flowers. Flowers (and the sprig of rosemary) are terrible, the legs are okay (I messed up a bit on the angle). Oddly enough I'm just glad the angled letters weren't horribly bad.

In other news, as for the little story idea, it's still open. I'd love to include characters you guys come up with; talking with myself (i.e., my own character to my own character) gets repetitive after a while. On that note, if you do want a character, please do tell me their personality; wouldn't want to alienate the three remaining people on the forums, now would we? :D

<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:33 pm

nice drawing the only this is the legs look to skinny ... look at a guy that's a body builder so you learn the muscles of a human body and apply them (but smaller) to your drawings.

Return to Show Off