[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - TremZ
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TremZ

<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:16 am

TremZ

discuss
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: TremZ

it's like TremX they just named it Z.

nah but srsly, i don't know wtf it is.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:25 pm

You sure gave us a lot to discuss, Qweef... lol.
"TremZ. Discuss"

Well what I think about it, is I really hope it works out. I have no idea how far they've gotten, what they're doing, or even what ideas they're adding, lol.
<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:39 pm

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:33 pm

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:02 am

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:05 am

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Enemy Territory? Oh hell no... I remember experiences with that engine. Let's just say they're all bad, although it might've just been ET that was a poorly written unfinished game.

I'd like to know a couple things, but I'm too lazy to look them up.
Will the admin/moderator/level system still be there?
Will the console system, including /bind, /alias, etc. be there?
Those 2 things are what made Tremulous so fun to me, and separated it from other FPS/RTS hybrid games such as Savage.
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:31 pm

What really separated trem from any other fps to me, was all the custom maps. Honestly, KorX used to have so many maps that if you did /callvote random_map you were almost guaranteed to land on something you'd never experienced before. Which was crazy fun even with all the noob maps out there. In fact, on occasion i liked the noob maps more.

The stuff with the binds really just confused me. I could never figure out the bind for /bind 3 "buy psaw" on the first try... Plus i always had to ask to get the codes for the items.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:35 pm

That's because, and I'm not sure of this, but there wasn't anywhere that had all the item codes. Oh well, it promoted newbie-regular connection.

I've already talked with kharnov via IRC about my joining TremZ from the start. Also talked to him in-game GPP, and the players of the US server were asking whole sorts of questions. I normally don't say anything, as you guys know, so I just kept reading about what kinds of things TremZ was going to have, so when the IRC channel came up I hopped on and talked with the people there. Great guys.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:42 pm

well metro, in ET there (i'm sure) are binds and levels, i remember having lots of binds in ET myself and also i was admin in a few ET servers. some servers had so many level it was hard to keep track.

but, being honest here, i don't think it's going to get much attention. not like the old Tream days.
maybe it'll last a couple of months, might be able to steal some of the ET players but i don't hold much hope, just look at 1.2

but like Metro said, a Trem game made on the HL2 engine could be a good game and might be fun, but then i'm thinking of all the games that tried to do the Humans vs alien thing and how almost all of them failed. Alien Vs Predator for example, there was that game recently that had multiplayer (tried the demo) and i'm pretty sure the game was down to like £5 within a month, and was in tons of offers because they needed to get rid of all the copies.
the main thing that made me join Trem was the fact you could build bases and things.

also i don't know if they mentioned this but if there were some dedicated Game types like Team deathmatch, free for all, Cap the flag. (typical fps game modes) then it might make it better. but i guess cap the flag would be more difficult, not sure it can be done, unless it was something like that football map.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:01 pm

This looks great, but guess who's making a new HUD and possibly retexturing the dretch.. :P

I hope it revives trem and this clan. I miss having new people around.
<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm excited for the female models and the weapons. This thread gave me the chills for some reason. :O
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Sadly, this might divide the community even more... I hope not though. Hopefully if it gets on Steam, we can recommend it to friends, and tell more random people about it, get the name out more, etc :D
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:56 pm

<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm

"Will TremZ be available on Steam?
Because Steam allow open source games, we will unfortunately to distribute TremZ via steam, however, we plan on being available on both Desura and Playdeb." sorry guys :/
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Quit being a hater of Steam, Qweef D:< We can always dream, can't we?
<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Let's just make a TremZ group on steam. lolol
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:35 am

or or, another suggestion.
Advertise the game on other forums and stuff. make some youtube videos and link people to them.

if people advertised the game to people i'm sure the game could last and get a solid player base. 100 or so would be nice.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Make sure you put KoR in there somewhere so I have something moderate. :P I miss the non-Alex/Milk trolls
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm

<<

AsterisK

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:54 pm

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Rotflmao.

That doesn't really count since everybody likes that pic. (If they say they don't, then they're obviously lieing. =P )
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:38 am

<<

Domingo

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:57 am

I am looking to this project with mild interest.
Back from the dead!
<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:07 am

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:14 pm

I joined these guys in the IRC, they seem like cool people. I think I'm going to hang out there now, too :D
<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:53 pm

I joined the forums. No one has 'Saturn' yet! bwahahaha.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:47 pm

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm