[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - TremZ
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TremZ

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:48 am

Re: TremZ

creative bullshit, i clearly remember you saying "change your avatar to this or i kill sam@Gundula"

i couldn't let poor sammy down.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:29 am

If they say about 1.1 and gpp compatable is true, and it can become a '1.1 emulator', then korx might be brought back to life.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:24 am

you will never know this is here

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

TheDushan

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:24 am

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:53 am

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:24 am

I've been in contact with Volt, the project head. to do with KoRx's source what he likes. He is implementing some features from KoRx into Tremz currently. I've also spoken with him about helping him out over the summer.
<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:43 am

awesome !!!
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:05 pm

One day left. Are your tits excited?
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:17 pm

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm probably not gonna sleep tonight... I'm probably just gonna play Tremz the entire time. Fun fun. :)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:34 pm

FUUUUUUU parental controls... I won't be able to play it today :(
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Hehehehe. >:D

nub.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:49 am

It's been delayed for hours :'( I have a feeling its gonna be a huge let down for some reason ...
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:08 am

<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:49 pm

I've involved myself in this project as well; Ishq has me working on a new armory. It's not ready for the alpha version (which is now available ). But if you liked my work in the past, you will likely be seeing more of it in TremZ.
I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Awesome Fox :D... Seems the renamed to unvanquished, how curious. I'll be trying to put a tremz server up asap. Should I name it |KoR| Unvanquished?
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:25 pm

That was actually how I got involved - I joined the old #unvanquished channel to see what had happened with those guys since I left, and talked to some folks, mentioned that I had done modeling for unv and korx, and got recruited. Cron, a guy I taught a few Blender tricks to way back when, is their lead modeler.

The project is NOT called unvanquished, that is the name of the old 3rd race mod idea that never got finished, but a lot of the people who worked on that project are involved with TremZ, and some of the resources are being re-used (including, apparently, sourceforge spaces). I would definitely not recommend you running the server as 'unvanquished' as that wouldn't be correct and... well, let's just say they're not all the nicest of people. It's not like our dev group was, and not even like the unvanquished group was. Even cron has picked up a bit of an attitude, and volt has a chip on his shoulder the size of Mars (although it's fair to say that he is frequently provoked by others who will remain nameless). Ishq, who is technically the overall project lead, is by far the most pro-active rational person I've talked to there. Most of them are good guys, but there are some serious ego problems too.
I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Well, sadly developers tend to not have good social skills :/. Speaking from experience, with my fellow computer science majors having little to none.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:26 pm

So, I went to http://www.tremz.com, and this is my reaction:

http://i.imgur.com/zcnzb.png
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:43 pm

It's out...
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:50 am

Feels like playing a Half Life mod with MW2 skins on Humans.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:01 pm

feels like sex.

And yeah. Just looking over the forums, there are a CRAP ton of noob/trolls over there. I feel kinda bad for the development team providing for an audience that seems to be quite immature often times.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 pm

<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:17 am

I brought up an Unvanquished server last night but I don't know if anyone can see it - can someone from here try going on? The server name is Musee's Server/kyoto.teppel.in.

I would try myself but so far I haven't gotten past the unzip.h error during compilation I pasted here: http://pastebin.com/9bzLfCmR

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:39 pm

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:51 pm

How did you manage that? Does it just use a special .tremulous subfolder or a .unvanquished subfolder? What did you put in it?
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Magick

honestly I pinged you on IRC for a reason

daemonded.x86_64 creates an .Unvanquished folder, yes. In that folder is "main" which contains autogen.cfg - that's really the only important file I can find that needs to be there.

Where you run daemonded.x86_64, you should have another "main" folder which should contain your libraries, along with your maps and pk3s.

I had to set sv_pure to 0 in autogen.cfg. Other than that, starting up the server is basically the same as with 1.1.

If you want me to be more specific, PM me, since I don't like providing some details in public of how I have my server set up (security through obscurity lol).

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:21 am

Where's the masterlist? Console just says "master unvanquished.net" and which inaccessable through browser.
Also, i'm not sure about giving FULL permission to volt. There's lots of debates whether volt is really innocent or not.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:06 am

I'm not sure whether or not there is an HTTP version for the masterlist yet.

I think there's some misunderstanding. I believe Aaron is just giving Volt/others permission to look through KoRx source code and the ability to easily implement some of the features in KoRx in Unvanquished. That is all.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Hello everyone, long time, no see.

Yes there are probably bucketloads of misunderstandings going on with TremZ vs Unvanquished. I was supportive of the KoRx code being useful for the TremZ project, apparently Ishq was less than pleased with that idea (he was rude about it actually). Volt looked at the code later, and was surprised. He liked what was there, and understood the possibilities presented.

A brief current update on the situation with TremZ;

I've become the "PR Guy", but that's only a tiny part of what I do on the TremZ team, the title is really a misnomer and just one of many hats that I wear. I'm using my real world skills and connections to make the game development successful.

We've decided to replace ALL of the assets (models, levels, sounds). It was a decision already being headed towards before Gregorien resigned from the team; TheDushan and I weren't happy with the quality of any of the models as they weren't showing off the possibilities of the OpenWolf engine to full advantage. 2 weeks before Gregorien's resignation, TheDushan was expressing disappointment with the models to me during our IRC chats. The models were "good", but they could be better, in his opinion. For most of these assets, I agree. Herm later described Gregorien's Aliens as "cartoony" or something like that. Many people liked them, many also didn't.

Marketing/promotional wise, it wouldn't be appropriate to have anything the same as Unvanquished's game in appearance. They're different games. They share similarities, but the direction of development was diverging before the split, after the Unvanquished team forked their Daemon engine from the OpenWolf engine.

The TremZ team are now preparing for the creation of those new assets. It won't take as long as many outside the team might believe. There's going to be a mixture of futuristic and traditional elements, exotic Oriental influences, and this style will be running through all the artwork, levels, and models. Our "Art Director" has only just joined the team during the past 2 weeks, and will be keeping the designs organised into what's been described as a "stylistic whole". In addition, the game will be mostly in the Hard SF genre, and there's going to be a detailed storyline, background setting, and additional artwork to support the imagery of the game. The solo mode of the game will be set in an earlier period when the conflict between the Aliens and Humans hadn't yet started, but was just about to begin. Work on the solo mode won't be started until after the main online multiplayer game is completed. At least one short film will be made, serving the purpose of both "trailer" and for promoting the game. The models in the short film will be very high poly, and the short film will be somewhere between 10 minutes and 25 minutes long.

The game will be close to commercial quality, if not equalling it. There are more professionals on the team; most of them were recruited from outside the Tremulous community. Contradicting what some embittered people have tried to claim on Tremulous.net and Aussie Assault, there are actually 13 developers on the TremZ team at present. 6 of them are also capable coders, though only 4 will be involved in coding to a major extent. Some people left, some new people joined. A few people dropped out for awhile during the 2 weeks after the "split" with Unvanquished, apparently not wanting to get involved in the arguments for either side, then returned later. I've directly recruited a few new developers, almost all of them of professional skill. Some of these new members of the development team are famous for their skills in real life but aren't using their real world name on the team. More such people will be joining the team over the next few weeks.

Our biggest lack in members at the present time are

1) Mappers who can are highly skilled and can use the features of the engine. We only have 1 at present. They have to work with the rest of the developers, not do "lone ranger" stuff. We need as many as possible. We'd like to have a proper team creating maps, and nothing else. Then have those maps properly tested, altered as needed, before being put into the repository.

2) Linux expert. We need one who is better than TheDushan or I. There are remaining troubles with cmake on Ubuntu. It configures fine on nearly every other operating system. Rather than switching off things by default, or trying to avoid the problem, we'd rather have it completely fixed so all features will work as they should.

3) 2D Artists. We only have 1 at present, and he's also the "art director".

4) Experts in Tremulous game-logic coding. HermXIV claims to be able to finish this alone, but TheDushan and I believe it's necessary to optimise all of the old Tremulous game-logic and one person isn't going to be able to do that so quickly without help.

I can't give any kind of accurate estimate on when the real TremZ game will be released. The best that I can say is that the "alpha" may come out some time between September to December of this year (2012). It's going to take that long to completely replace all of the assets.
PreviousNext

Return to Tremulous General Discussion