[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - TremZ
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TremZ

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: TremZ

Last edited by Rev on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Akane also made induction
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:12 pm

I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:14 am

Last edited by SamuraiTaiga on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:58 am

<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:47 pm

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm guessing a lot of this stuff happened immediately before or after the uv (fork?) from Tremz?
<<

Gir

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:58 pm

I saw the Drama live and i think Unv are the good guys.
Cause on the Tremz forum many topics are deleted and users banned.

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Wow, i don't know if anyone else can see this but.
it just seems that everyone who codes from Tremulous goes a bit, mental.

i don't see why theres all this hate and paranoia. it's a free open source game for fuck sake.
kinda makes me glad we have Aaron.

in fact, from everything i've read, it seems everyone on KoRx is a tame house cat compared to them hmm, cannibalistic back stabbing rats.
no offense intended, but from a 3rd party perspective i don't think i want anything to do with any one of them or their games.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:39 pm

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:32 am

i could probably use some of those meds too, but i'd rather not pop pills that alters how my brain works tyvm.
<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:29 am

<<

AsterisK

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:01 pm

I've learned that Tremulous is not a game I wish to ever program for.
<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:45 pm

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:22 pm

well honestly, Trem is outdated, old and half dead.
the people left are probably the ones who either have no life ergo have no where else to go or, well i don't know why else.
i only visit this forum a couple times a day and i never play Trem anymore, apart from the few organized games we've had.

but apart from Asterick everyone here at KoR is friendly, at least to anyone other than me xD
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:53 pm

To be quite frank, the only reason I support what people are trying to do at TremZ is because I freaking love Tremulous and want to see it restored to it's former glory.

I'd love to do my part, which is why I joined the forums in hope of helping somehow.
<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:51 am

A bit of an update on what's going on with TremZ, stuff that I haven't posted elsewhere.

TremZ currently has 16 developers. The number is increasing rather rapidly. We have a LOT of modellers. We're short on 2D artists by comparison, and need more. A linux cmake expert that I recruited awhile ago has returned, and started yesterday working on that particular problem with the Ubuntu OS. I've mentioned elsewhere that we have loads of professionals on the team; it's true. I can't say much, because 1) it's intended as a later surprise, and 2) I'm trying to protect them from the trolls so common in the Tremulous community. HermXIV is putting together a contributor's page but has agreed to keep the real identities of these folks secret for now.

From tomorrow, we start to fill the art gallery. There's a lot of art to put there. I have a rather large list of artists who gave permission to use their artworks, and placing art in the gallery with links back to the artists sites is common practice when dealing with professional artists.

We've begun the process of re-imagining the Aliens, getting into new weapon designs, and planning for new maps. What I mean by "re-imagining" for the Aliens is that we're asking for community suggestions, discussing ideas, and intend to create an entirely new look for the Aliens that will be superior to anything we ever had before. They're going to be flashy, gorgeously beautiful in some ways, and terrifying as well. The new female human and male human model will both be far better done. We have a lot more help this time around. Animation of the models will include tricks never used in Tremulous, nor Unvanquished.
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:09 pm

I just jizzed my pants...

You mean models better than the ones currently out?!

gawd im gonna have such a boner for this game when it comes out.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

AsterisK

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:24 pm

<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:01 pm

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:04 am

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:05 pm

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:53 am

My reaction to this thread: tl;dr

SamuraiTaiga: CMake is not Linux specific. I can not help you with CMake. With Linux administration, performance monitoring, deployment, and such, however, I can. Still, I'm not sure I have quite the time if I don't see the gains of it.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:37 pm

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 pm

wow, so you're really putting a lot into this then, and obviously some real cash.
and i'm wondering how you got some film industry guy who's well known to work on an open source game, for free i assume.

i just don't know what to say now. i hope it all goes well.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Yeah, QUITE a bit of effort. I mean, you guys fucking wrote essays in this thread.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:10 am

<<

The Camper

VIP Operator
VIP Operator

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:55 am

@Aaron: thanks for the note.

I have not read everything yet, maybe later.

The most important point for me to work at it, is the new engine.

I have just found another limit in the tremulous game engine when i was attempting to fix a bug that prevents two of god's maps from working with KoRx.
And it is no possibe to fix it, without getting every player to install an updated client.

I will see what I can do for the TremZ Game.

----
EDIT:
I got the game and have taken a look at it.

It is basically a slightly modified render engine with the old game logic and look and with some new models.
Also.. I am getting 10 fps. (50 in KoRx/CoRx).

I don't think there is a way to make it much better than what we already got. (Without writing a new engine.)
I am not reading every topic, if you want to ask me something send me an e-mail.

Tools for KoRx:
[*]
[*]
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:59 pm

(pretty sure it also applies to tremz)
<<