[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Natural Selection II
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Natural Selection II

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Natural Selection II

I have no idea. It seems like it has some pretty high requirements though, not even sure if I could run it. I need to buy it next paycheck now that you've shown interest.
<<

Cookie Monster

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:20 pm

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Yeah, I believe optimization is a huge issue, per a post in a previous page.
<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Man, cookie faggot, It's amazing. It's got a real tremulous vibe to it.
<<

Cookie Monster

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:24 pm

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Cookie Monster

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:58 pm

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:32 pm

If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Cookie Monster

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:10 am

<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 pm

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Anyone else have this? A friend just got this for me and I need some people to play it with.

Edit: I just realized it's preorder only. Point still stands :D.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:50 pm

I pre-ordered it. Axsysle on steam.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:32 pm

I've had it since the beta release. Despite its lack of optimization (full low settings for my computer @ 1024x768 windowed mode = >35 fps on average), it is insanely fun to play when I can get a decent team and day. Trust me; NS2 requires a heck of a lot more teamwork than trem. No more "rant coming side hall" and no one answering... you say "onos coming from refinery transfer (the areas of the map are on the minimap and in the top left corner)," and everyone with any kind of weapon will come to kill it.

Examples of the fun you can find in NS2:

Game was pretty much over except there were some humans left (me included). We all got into a corner of our base and the commander plonked two armouries to create a wall and all we did was lob grenades over the wall. We died when an Onos stomped (causing humans near it to fall down, incapacitated), then a Lerk flew in and gassed the space, killing us all literally in one fell swoop.

Late game for us humans. The aliens had pretty much taken control of the map and gotten all the resource points, but we still had all our tech. Therefore, we all sat by the Prototype Lab while the research finished and... the whole human team went dual-minigun-wielding exosuits (battlesuits, normal exosuit has one gun and a fist that does minimal damage). We charged through the map, the aliens weren't prepared for it and humans won. In the Ready Room (intermission room/team select room), the alien team were saying things like, "Wow, nice move, humans" and "All hail the dual exo army!" Glorious. :P

The humans had only put infantry portals (human spawns) at their main base, so I killed enough humans as a skulk to morph into a Lerk. In a brilliantly coordinated team effort, a team (within our alien team, of course) of 3 skulks, a Fade (has the ability to "blink" [teleport almost] from one place to the next, for as long as you have the energy and can be canceled at any time), and myself the Lerk swept into the human's main base. The Skulks and the Fade went to work killing the humans in the base while I got to work gassing the infantry portals so the humans would take damage as soon as they spawned (gas ignores armour, by the way). As I kept the saturation up, I took potshots at various structures as I flew in a roughly "eight" shape to avoid damage. We won soon after, since the humans all died and had no where to spawn.

I just wish the game was better optimized so I could run it better... I should be able to do quite fine, but for some reason I can't. Oh well. Hopefully a new processor will alleviate some of those problems.

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Sounds nice. If I heard right, it comes out october... I can't wait.
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:09 pm

That actually sounds pretty fun.

I kinda want that game naow...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Me and my junky computer... :(
Previous

Return to Tremulous General Discussion