[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Tremulous Toys
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tremulous Toys

<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Tremulous Toys

Haven't you always wanted your very own granger to keep in your pocket? Now you can get one, for less than $10! For every model that sells I will donate $1 to Tremulous.

Please Note: I don't claim ownership of the original Tremulous models, of course! All I've done is strip the keyframes out and make the mesh manifold so it can be printed. The edited model file is also available for download at the link above, if any of you happen to have your own 3D printers and want to try it.

Shapeways offers a lot of different print materials to choose from, and I think I may order myself a little steel granger. As soon as I have one to show I'll add pictures for you all.

3D printing services open up the possibility of making all kinds of neat things, and I've actually been thinking about Tremulous toys for awhile now. If there's interest in this, I'm considering continuing the idea with:
> adding textures for full-color sandstone printing
> adding hollow space inside the models to reduce material use & printing cost
> adding details to the models from the texture/smoothing the models
> creating full playsets for aliens and humans (all the buildables, various weapons/equipment/poses for humans)
> creating fully posable Tremulous action figures, with removable/interchangeable gear for humans

Let me know if you all have other ideas you'd like to see implemented, or if you know of another 3D printing service that offers lower printing costs.
I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie
Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 25, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Tremulous Toys

sever not found I think the link is borked :'(
<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 25, 2012 3:43 pm

yes the link was borked, i edited it, tho
<<

Gir

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 28, 2012 11:51 am

This is a wonderful idea. I cant wait to see a Image of Iron Granger :D
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:55 am

I think the battlegranger model would go great with its detail. (normal granger simply being green seemed a bit boring for a plush toy)
The fixed link is on trem.net forums i think.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:39 am

i think it'll be more appealing if it had more than just the base body. maybe if it had a few details on it?

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:34 am

blutsauger? Add blood around the tusks? Make it come with a hovel sleeping bag? Actually thats a fantastic idea!
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:11 am

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:24 pm

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:46 am

The link site said plush toy though... didnt it
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:32 pm

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Sorry to keep you folks waiting, here is a look at the cheap version of the granger model that I finally got. Click for larger images:

It's about the size of a quarter, made from the "Black Strong & Flexible" material on Shapeways, so the surface texture is a bit rough. Pocket-size for your convenience.
I've been worrying
I've been worrying
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:47 pm

I really want that. o_o

Maybe i can convince my mom to get me it along with a set of die for dnd or something.

That seriously looks baws as all hell.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Oh my god. That's too cute to be legal.
<<

GLAMEOW

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:27 am

How big can they make it?
In game name: |GBA|GLAMEOW431
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:39 am

I really want it, but I have to persuade myself of spending 10 bucks for it. Maybe I will in a month, when I actually have a desk and can put it out for show :>

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:43 am

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:17 am

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:08 am

I've been worrying
I've been worrying
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:53 am

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:49 am

man, that was totally be an epic chess set, but seeing as it's like $10 for 1 granger, i'm nto sure i'd want to spend upwards of $300 on a chess set that practically nobody would get.
would be epic to own though.

also,
Bsuit with luci(xael) = queen
Human with jetpack = rook
also it would be cool if the rooks had like a bat pack or ammo pack, maybe have like 2 or 3 different rook models to pick from. but thats more work i guess.

*30 years later*
WOAH COOL DAD!! whats this!! "well son, that's a game called Chess, before it became about 50foot statutes and death matches"
"it's also a one of a kind set, modeled after this thing we used to call a Computer Game now days it's all virtual reality"
wow dad it's so cool, it feels just like in VR!

i don't know where i was going with that story. xD
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:57 pm

You're right, I forgot about the bsuit / jetpack when writing this.
<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Human with jetpack would seem best for knight, because they can *fly* over the other pieces.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Clearly someone with enough money needs to do make this set, paint them, get a nice, painted, matching chess board and post images around the web.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:29 pm

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:01 pm

<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:52 pm

I've been worrying
I've been worrying
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:54 pm

<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:12 pm

I wish i had more money. :<
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:50 am

Next

Return to Tremulous General Discussion