[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Looking Back.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Looking Back.

<<

killer 500

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Looking Back.

Well, here I am again. Infact, I doubt any of you even remember me, I left relativily little impact here, and made friends few and far between.

So, I guess this can act like a second introduction, so to speak. As my username indicates, I use to play under the childish and ridicilious name of "Killer 500", however i've put those days behind me and generally operate under the name of "Monkey with a gun" on pretty much all games now. I suppose it's debatable wheither that is really a step up, but that's beside the point.

I was looking through my computer about a week or so and game across some weird, strange game called "Tremulous", tucked away inside my computer. With curiosity I loaded said game up, only to get the biggest rush of nostalgia i've ever had in my life. I instantly (Okay, a few days later, but that doesn't sound as good) knew what I had to do, find if the group "Knights Of Reason" was still alive, after a quick google search I stumbled back onto the website, and recieved an even larger dose of nostalgia than before.

After playing tremulous on and off for a few days, I came back to the forum, and decided what I had to do, that being make this very thread. I knew that if I never said anything, if I decided to just let my past of tremulous, stay in the past, I would regret it for a considerable amout of time. So...yeah, that's about it. I'm curious to see if anybody remembers me (I doubt it, but you never know).

Oh, I suppose it's also worth mentioning I use to go under the [FuN] Tag...though I doubt that'll make much of a impact regarding memory.

Edit: Holy Sch'moley, I had over 120 posts.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Re: Looking Back.

I remember you

~Metal

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:40 pm

i remember you, infact i was probably one of the friends you made.

i missed you when you suddenly just left and never came back.
and i also remember seeing you quite a while after under your new monkey name.

that reminds me, i miss that guy who made maps, what was his name funkymonkey chickenmonkey, he made that Monkeytemple map with all the hidden rooms and traps and stuff.

also welcome back if your here to stay, and also weren't you vip mod?
<<

killer 500

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Something along those lines, I think. Glad to see such familar faces are still around.

The reason for my sudden disappearance was me getting a new computer. Tremulous just completely slipped my mind till about...2011? Maybe, sometime around then, as you said I joined back around then with the new name Monkey with a gun (Infact, I still remember telling you who I was and what map it was on), I nearly punched myself when I realized I had forgetten about Tremulous. Then after coming back for something like 2 weeks, I had some small computer issues...and well, lets just say history tends to repeat itself.

Looking back over my old forum pms, I sounded so im-mature and had horrible grammar, you're all saints for putting up with me for that long.

Edit: In hind-sight, I should probably just put these into the main post...but oh well. I was looking back at my old application to KoR... let's just say it ain't pretty. viewtopic.php?t=2222
Last edited by killer 500 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Your name looks familiar. I think I remember you a little. lol

Welcome back.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:37 pm

lol. I remember you. I'd get really pissed because you would always beat me in rifle-dretch fights.. Don't know if we talked much, but hey! It's good to see some old faces coming back.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:27 am

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:38 am

I remember you. What bothers me the most is that everyone except for Cookie on your thread quit.
<<

AsterisK

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:26 pm

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:06 pm

<<

The Vibrator

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Hello...I remember you vaguely as well...
<<

Eagle

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:10 pm

-ex scientia vera-
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:36 pm

sadly you've come back to us, yet nobody plays Trem anymore, not even Qweef plays, he was like the last active person playing who actually came to the forums.
<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:05 am

I love tremulous on this server and I'd still be on it every day all day if it ever had people on.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:07 am

hi.

you probably don't recognize me, but I'm pretty sure I played just a few games with you, or at least spectated while you were.

lae@rizon/freenode

Return to Tremulous General Discussion