[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Anybody care to play?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anybody care to play?

<<

Maximus

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:59 am

Anybody care to play?

I don't know if anyone ever actually plays Tremulous anymore, and that's not really what this post is about. I play all the time, one round quickies, sometimes I'll sit down for an hour and go for a couple rounds. Anyway, I've been having a lot of fun in Trem recently, and I was wondering if anyone wanted to hop on with me. I don't care who it is, just some friendly gaming. PM me, or post here. We can figure out a server. Maybe a few people will come and play. If you don't play anymore, thats fine. But you could just download the game real quick and play one more round :lol:
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:47 am

Re: Anybody care to play?

i would love to play with you, except i forgot how to install the tremx mod x.x

<<

Maximus

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm just playing normal Trem on any server with people on it. Do you guys use a special mod?
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:57 am

LOL yes, our server was on a special trem

<<

Maximus

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm

I had no idea... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it was KoRx? or something? TremX? That doesn't change the fact that playing vanilla is fun. Join me :)
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Meh, I'd only go back if we had a lot of people on and we were playing KoRx. Normal Trem is just too lame after playing KoRx your entire Trem career.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:56 pm

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Maximus

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:20 pm

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:27 am

well, trem is over for me now.

i can't go back because i know all them cool people and all the people i know wont be there, and it's just too hard to go back to something that you know wont be anywhere near as good as it was before.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am

Well I tried playing on other servers, but they just couldn't compare to KoRx. I kept saying to myself "Man, this isn't as good as KoRx's servers" or "Man, these people aren't as cool as KoR" :-/
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 pm

That was a big problem. Kor people were the coolest by far. A lot more laid back compared to other servers too. Not to mention much more balanced game play, and an over all better mod.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Maximus

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:23 pm

This wasn't truly supposed to turn into the current discussion, but I mean hey, go for it. I honestly don't mind. I guess I get where you guys are coming from.
Actually, I know exactly where you are coming from. Maybe two years beyond that. When I played like, when I was ten/nine, gosh, that was awesome. I remember
literally smiling while I was playing. Our computer was in a corner, and I was home alone a lot (homeschooled \o/). But yeah, I loved it, playing made me happy for a few months, then matured, realized I was stupid, moved on. Came back, started playing again, New look on things after being able to formulate sentences that could be sensible. Hey, this game is pretty fun. There's not a lot of people on, and none of them are as awesome, or as team playing as anyone was back then.

But I'm not really the kind of guy who likes to focus on "back then". I like to think of now, and the future. And remember back then as good memories, and not much more. Now you guys probably have exhausted Trem, there's not much more there. I however, have some drive left. I still get a tinge of smile when I kill someone as a dretch. Using the jetpack and the mass driver makes me chuckle. These are things that I don't think will go away. I loved Trem, I love Trem, And I will continue to enjoy it, for as long as I see fit. Power to you if you've decided otherwise. I'm pretty fun at playing Trem.

One thing that I don't get that you guys keep saying "I won't play unless there's a lot of people on". I like 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2. even if I'm spectating, and theres someone interesting to talk to, I don't mind. However, these are [i]my[i] views on playing. You guys played with a lot of people, on a specified type of game. I get how it's hard to go back from that. I just like the feeling of nostalgia I get when playing it, and I like how people that don't even know each other, or that do, can work together well. Or fall apart and insult my mother. I dunno, I guess. . . I just like the feeling. (sorry for the wall of text :oops: )

Edit for grammar
Last edited by Maximus on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Wall of text would be better handled if you split it into paragraphs, oh boy.

Trem has a history of really slow development/not bringing in new content, sadly. GPP really wasn't that great for something that took years, that's why groups started developing games based on Trem like Unvanquished and TremZ now. KoRx also helped in keeping the game alive but I guess for a lot of people it was "too radical" (if you've ever visited the forums at tremulous.net you would have noticed the bashing...), but uh, Aaron started college, akane disappeared, and people started having lives so it got put on the backburner ever since.

You say you don't like to "focus on 'back then'" but then proceed to say that you "like the feeling of nostalgia" you get from playing it. That doesn't really add up, y'know.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:28 am

Here's the infomation on trem-related games for the people who dont have any form of 'trem' installed [excludes NS, that's not free]

There's unvanquished with bots, people come and play on the NA bot server until people join, then they move to another server like aussie assault or quake.fr.
Gameplay follows gpp closer rather than 1.1 gameplay, although there are some things in there that are the same as korx due to korx following a similar physics and calculations to gpp:
-Headbites 150%
-Tyrant has a weak charge, although i like korx' charge better (was more realistic, unvanquished's current is more like 1.1 charge now)
-Goon pounce damage is the same as korx'

TremZ, on the other hand doesn't have servers up yet, so we'll have to wait for a bit for that.

Tremulous GPP lacks american/non-euro players nowdays (well, asia unofficials is the only server close to us) so most play on rotacak's ubp server, and n7's [refinery/creep] mod server... US officials doesn't seem as popular anymore but still does get players occasionally every few hours.

Tremulous 1.1, well you could say everyone's on W or F or AA server. The others are probably just random...

Trem is dying, but not dead yet.
TremZ is not existing, but probably is trying to make itself born into the world.
Unvanquished is doing o.k. although its playerstats are still lower than gpp. The forums are more active the trem forums though, due to the active developement every month.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Maximus

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:07 pm

<<

Kolyan

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:31 am

<<

Kolyan

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 am

<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 am

You're talking to and about a ghost town when it comes to Tremulous. It is not that easy to get everyone back into a game they stopped playing,

Most of us are familiar with what happened with TremZ and what Unvanquished really is. Have you played Unv, yet? If you did play Unv you would have realised that it still has similar gameplay mechanics to Tremulous while introducing new things. "Different" does not necessarily imply a complete overhaul.

Please also refrain from posting in old threads, especially when the topic has been beaten to death.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Razor

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:48 pm

I wanna try and play again but i don't have the game haha
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:46 am

afaik you can build your *new* tremulous, but there aren't any servers with the latest updates since 8/8/11 (D/M/YY) and GPP's pretty much R-CZ UBP and Yalt's Edge-based.
Yalt's Edge is pretty good, honestly but I don't play much there because of my ping, and since it's located near R CZ's, well I pretty much don't touch gpp until someone else joins an american one. Pings > 350 is my toleration limit I guess. It's not like I get pings under ~290 in gpp anyway.

Before we can get any games going with me in it, my timezone is +8 hours hence 12 GMT is the optimal time for me, which is around I think 4 am for the western americans.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous

Return to Tremulous General Discussion