[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Bring KorX mod to tremulous GPP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bring KorX mod to tremulous GPP

<<

Wiet

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 am

Bring KorX mod to tremulous GPP

Hello everyone,

I know tremulous is dying game but there are still players on it like me.
Today i played the trem X mod in GPP but there was no advance tyrant, xael, surge, shotgun nades, cool skin,... :(
I miss it very hard.
So i was wondering, is it possible to port it to GPP?

I think it will bring back more players to tremulous.

Cheers,

Weed.
god i love munchies.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:35 am

Re: Bring KorX mod to tremulous GPP

viewtopic.php?f=107&t=6520

This has been talked to death. Being the main developer for the project I cannot contribute the time necessary. Especially when I can't guarantee a player base.
<<

Wiet

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Sorry,
I just thought that it would be awesome if we could play it in GPP.
Most Active server in GPP is R unlimited CZ
god i love munchies.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:20 pm

I would honestly love to port it. But as I said, it would be several months of no life(ing) and then the POTENTIAL to help tremulous... More than likely just getting a bunch of hate.
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:32 pm

if I recall, korx had a very small play base, most of the rest of tremulous either would never try it or hated it so even though aaron could port it (and I wish he would but I will never ask him to) but its not worth his time
Image Image
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:36 pm

If I remember correctly, one of the more popular servers was Skittles, which was nothing but ATCS and infinite buildpoints.
<<

Wiet

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 pm

god i love munchies.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Aaron goes to school now.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Wiet

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Sorry guys i don't want to attack you with this subject, it was just an idea.
god i love munchies.
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:27 pm

It's fine you asked, it's just something that has always been discussed ever since tremulous died so we all kinda know the usual responses
Image Image
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:28 am

Just so you know, currently i'm the only one who's actually *somewhat started* "porting" (not really, just adding features one by one, and the balance-wise stuff is easy-peasy although I do consider adv rant overpowered with its 600hp, i'll decrease it to 500 since it already has healing aura) to unvanquished. Unvanquished is the closest you can get to '1.2' because the newest gpp sources were never compiled. Unv is turning away from trem gameplay btw.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:48 pm

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:16 am

I'm havving internet access issues now, it's hard to explain. We've actuaally just got our internet back to normal speed today, but it's more of a family issue.
I'll be gone to Gold Coast next week as well, and I've got to build

O shat, I did it again.

Anyway my point is that I can't upload the source anytime soon.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
<<

Wiet

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:59 am

Virus do you still play gpp ? i don't see you much ):
god i love munchies.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:55 pm

Okay I've screwed it up, so I decided to fork Unvanquished first, then download. It's probably easier than having to create a whole new project then downloading nd re-uploading dozens of stuff. Basically I'm going to start from scratch again.

Wiet: You're "Weed" right? I generally play on american servers since my euro ping is 400+ with an unlagged inaccuracy of -100 (+-50) msec.

Anyway, back on-topic, it's just gonna be the pure unvanquished source on git for now until I get my local data sorted out. I still can't figure out how to compile this without having to move to windows, I want to avoid Visual Studio as much as possible.

https://github.com/ZdrytchX/Unvanquished-KoRx

Just warning you Aaron, I am still choppy at this. Don't get angry at me bru.
Attachments
lib-web.JPG
can't find libweb?
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:12 pm

You've gotta have a make file that allows mingw32 cross compiling. If it does then the rest is easy.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:01 am

I still have trouble finding the libraries. Most of the libraries listed on the unv wiki doesn't exist as far as I've searched.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1

Return to Tremulous General Discussion