[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Khalsa announces closure of MG resources sites
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Khalsa announces closure of MG resources sites

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:29 am

Khalsa announces closure of MG resources sites

Khalsa has announced that he will be shutting down the MG resources site (some of which was already dead at this point anyway) but this also means that the Tremulous master list will go down.
http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=17388
I've typed up on my new blog I created a few months ago about this :
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Khalsa announces closure of MG resources sites

:< RIP tremulous

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:11 am

it was going to happen sometime. and let's face it, Trem died a couple years back.

Trem might be gone, but it will always have a place in my memory/heart as it introduced me to a lot of cool and interesting people that i would never have met otherwise.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:35 pm

I expected trem to die out completely in 2014, but not now! :'(
(I have exams on the 20th)
If they take down the masterlist, there will be no more new players.... ever...
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:37 am

This... This literally makes me cry on this inside :'( Tremulous has always had a special place in my heart, and now that it's dying... Well, I guess I'll have to just remember all the good times :)
<<

Pbhead

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:12 pm

On to unvanquished!
"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:54 pm

:(

I feel old.
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
<<

Tojimaru

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Wow that blows.
[19:57] <+tojimaru> omg, you guys
[19:57] <+tojimaru> if Stewah leaves, we can take over the channel!
[19:57] * You were kicked by Stewah (bitch don't say shit like that!)
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:12 pm

I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:40 am

This is an incredible shame, I hope UV thrives.
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:39 pm

wtf is this? 3 admins posting? wtf? go back to your caves you smelly cavemen!

apart from you fox, you cool bro.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:57 am

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:40 am

As long as we hold the memories we have of the game and brought us together into this community like others out there Tremulous will never truly die.

The list may go down but players can still manually enter a server's address to connect.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:06 pm

We all knew this day would come, but none of us wanted to see it happen.

I will miss you tremulous. I shall miss you very much indeed.
Image Image
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:43 am

I've... I'll just be over here... I'M NOT CRYING... *sniff* I'm not... crying...
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 am

*caugh caugh* people think it's not actually going to die, it's just the resources. Meaning the masterlist will work and the stuff i wrote on the blog is half-wrong :D
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:20 pm

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:09 pm

yeah see rev, we've tried to get people on for a trem game before, it either just turns out to be 5 or 6 of us or nobody bothers to turn up.
also time never allows for us to all be free at the same time, and some people *aaron* just hate everyone else and can't be bothered.

we should just give up on trem and play minecraft instead, get together and do like a building contest or something.
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Actually I like rev's idea but with a few changes it might work better, why don't we make a day where we play trem over the the holidays. A holiday tradition of sorts. On the holidays where you get rather large amounts of time off we try to find a day where most of us are able to sit around and waste time on our computers. Like the weeks before/after christmas for me are devoid of all plans so anytime during that I would love to play trem again.
Image Image
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:34 pm

I'd be cool with playing something else like TF2. We could get have a heck of a time swarming a pub server.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:55 am

I CBF downloading the next 3 gb daily updates.. (Exaggerating, but it feels like that)
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:34 am

when i had dota 2 installed it was updating like every damn day.
and i guess TF2 would be cool also.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:09 pm

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:03 pm

meat has the right idea!! I'll grab the milk, what's your preference?
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm a minor, nor do i like beer/wine. There was a certain type of wine i was o.k. with though...
Btw, How did a R.I.P. MG Resources thread turn to this? :x
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Because reasons.

Also I'll be fine with another game as a substitute for Tremulous. I'll have to download whatever it is though; running out of hard drive space trying to keep everything running.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Razor

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:55 pm

Ouch that hurts a lot :( all my childhood memories :'( RIP tremulous
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:59 am

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Attachments
4y7un.jpg
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:11 pm

My liver's screwed anyway.

And even though it has been goodbye to a dear friend for some years now, this is something profound, like we're laying to rest a part of our past. Rest in peace friend. :(
Next

Return to Tremulous General Discussion