[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - SamOz's Mimod (Mirai Ikusa Visual & Sound version)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SamOz's Mimod (Mirai Ikusa Visual & Sound version)

<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:24 pm

SamOz's Mimod (Mirai Ikusa Visual & Sound version)

SamOz is the monicker that I use on the old Tremulous board, but I suppose people in KoR could call this SamuraiTaiga's Mimod (Mirai Ikusa Visual & Sound version). I realise that hardly anyone in KoR is into Tremulous much these days, like my son (Samurai Cat) who plays Minecraft much more now.

This is really a mod for Tremulous as it is, though I had worked on much of this with the intention of using it on the SenGoku server for KoRx. That's why I think it's appropriate to also post the link to the mod here. Really, I was going to use a lot of this stuff for our Asian influenced version of the KoRx mod. The metadata contains the name and source of the sounds. You can use the Alien sounds and Human sounds elsewhere, for other mods if you like. All of those which were made under the name OnlyTheGhosts, are mine. I made those. I give permission to use them in Unvanquished, TremZ, or anywhere else, whatever. Doesn't bother me, as long as you give attribution.

I've posted about the mod on the old Tremulous boards, here
http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=17394.0

And here's the link to the Dropbox download for the mod package; (UPDATED!)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6efw4t0a0e9eb ... 23-ngp.pk3

An .ARC compressed version is here (356.09mb); (NEW)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xesds0ju5egm ... gp-all.arc
You'll need to unpack the .arc file first, zzz-mimod321-ngp.pk3 is in the folder.

A minimal-sized, cutdown version without some of the extras is in an ultra-compressed 7z archive (166.07mb)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r74xvuuw8zxlqqn/mini-mimod.7z

shot0012.jpg
MImod - we don't leave the top of our head still vulnerable while wearing a 'helmet'. Yes, that's dirt and mud on those boots, and a bloody handprint on the armoury. This is a beaten-up, gritty, used-future that's gone through hell, not all shiny and new.

A gallery of more screenshots of the Mirai Ikusa mod is at deviantArt
http://samuraitaiga.deviantart.com/gallery/46986569

It's version 320 with extra docs folder added, and the general Mirai Ikusa game bits removed. That's 320 times that I repackaged the mod after making a bunch of changes, fixing glitches, or replaced more sounds, textures, etc.... Each time, usually with several changes, and sometimes a whole slew of them. Hundreds of hours of effort, staying up late at nights, for months at time. Then playing, to test the mod, of course :D

By the way, I wouldn't mind continuing to work on a KoRx version again someday.
Last edited by SamuraiTaiga on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Re: SamOz's Mimod (Mirai Ikusa Visual & Sound version)

I am actually planning on literally making a nostalgia '1.1' mod for unvanquished (unvanquished having a mod with 1.1 gameplay) and also including KoRx somewhere along the tracks.

I'm not sure if you know, but I'm probably the most frequent trem player on this forum at the moment.
Here's a tracker of me on a new server that was recently tracked, [Derelict] (lmao, it's currently run by almost completely different people now)
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:11 pm

Actually, ViruS, I've seen you in the Tremulous games occasionally. I've recently been playing with an older name of mine, OnlyTheGhosts. Mostly on W and AA, sometimes other servers as well.

kdsbegey44.jpg
Jungle camos and a glowy magazine. Maybe the ammo is radioactive? Meh, looks cool anyway
Last edited by SamuraiTaiga on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:37 am

Generally I only go onto W server when a person I know is online, I guess I'll add you to that list.
For now, if you see **SUN** or <R>Fuggy online, I'll *probably* connect. (I don't check the masterlist every second!)

edit: I won't download the mod btw, because i'm only granted 50 gb/month, restricting only 1.8-ish gb/day. Having 800 mb done in a pinch gobbles up a lot, and everyday browsing takes a lot, especially research.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:53 am

it's nice to see you are still around taiga! sadly hardly any Americans/Europeans play Trem anymore and that makes it hard to stay interested in the game when finding a game is hard and playing 1v1 or 2v2 isn't all that fun.
<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:44 am

Attachments
Boooom_gone.jpg
An exploding DC in the Mirai Ikusa mod. An advanced marauder was also zapping the human base.
RC_close_up_more_detail.jpg
Close up of the Reactor Core, showing the higher detail. I was aiming for a rougher, older tech 'look' suitable for a colonial fringe world that can't afford the ultratech of the Core Worlds.
d983478362.jpg
Reactor is high def too. That's a pulse rifle in his hands.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Like that explosion. Looks like it'll fiddle up my framerate though (just using a flame thrower and walking into it kills my fps to about 2-5)
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

SamuraiTaiga

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:25 am

The price of glorious beauty, I'm afraid.

Return to Tremulous General Discussion