[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - If anyone still has tremulous...
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

If anyone still has tremulous...

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:12 am

If anyone still has tremulous...

Duelz anyone?
I've made my main post here:
http://unknownclan.net/forums/index.php?topic=993
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:36 am

Re: If anyone still has tremulous...

u gotta log in to view that, that's shitty

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:15 am

copy + paste
[quote=me]Tremulous is lacking proffesional or duel games. Although I generally suck on AA, in duels I'm about average with my 380 tremendous ping. (And no noobish, I don't have the advantage, you do. And I'm the one with the warping and non-hitting hits issues). Not many people can beat me when they have roughly the same ping or higher than mine, with an exception of Hero, Sparky (On rare occasions, because I dueled him like 20 times), and Ishq/Celerystick.

Basically, I want some duels. I generally don't enjoy games involving md-hall campers though. [size=5pt]*nudges predator*[/size]

I've already done a few games with several people.

Nowdays if I record on FRAPS I'm likely to upload to youtube since I now have unlimited bandwidth (before was 50gb/month only, if my family (particularly my brother) exceeds this, we get limited to so-called 50kb/s [felt like 10 kb/s, still playable with trem but when skype happens on my brother's computer that chops off another 30]) to show off some tremulous gameplay before Tremulous completely dies out. There were somethings I'd love to have recorded (i.e. KoRx gameplay, Arcade mod, Instagib etc.) but most of those mods have died out.

About Me (Some details you can abuse to raise your chances of winning against me!):
-Crappy Aim, although it could just be unlagged as I was actually good at killing practically anything and anyone in the old GPP Unofficial ASIA server with 100 ping
-Loves chasing dragoons with painsaw in GPP.... Literally
-Sub-average dodging
-Strafe/Circle jump skills (Can you do strafserie_b with vanilla settings?)
-Whines a lot about campers n unlagged errors :P
-Generally doesn't hall camp, by this I mean like... I don't stand at the END of a hallway, I prefer to be in close-range combat as humans unless the enemy is a tyrant of course
-Prone to client-side warping whenever someone touches me (Echhi! Hentai! Baka! X[] )
-A lot of things I see aren't actually what the server thinks what I saw, for example, if you watched my duel against predator when I was dragoon, I used a form of pouncing which deals no damage, but allows me to go faster, but it isn't predicted correctly by the client
-EU servers unlagged, if it does work, I still have to aim ahead about 50 msecs, For america, it's about 100 msecs depending on the location (which is actually more impairing than benifit, especially since I'm still not used to it)
-Knows how to compensate for most ping ranges at an amateur level when I have unlagged disabled due to ping or my option or serverside, whatever the reason
-Sucks at using walls due to my framerate (I'm suprised fraps doesn't take that much fps on this computer, but my normal non-recording gameplay is mostly around 25-30 fps, the fps meter on the top right is actually buggy and reads double the real framerate for some reason)
-Doesn't like camping nor build games in general (which is why I stopped going to high bp servers)
-Has no "low ping servers" where my ping is under 300 for any server in 1.1 except Game Arena Tremulous (~100-130 ping) and skittles, where skittles is ~280 hence I technically *should* be used to the ping issues I deal with every time I play
-I probably know more about tremulous' game mechanisms than you do

Anyway back to the duels and the results:

*Planned by both me and the other:*

Effect
[TODO]

Clean/Dirty Harry
[TODO]

Note: I preferably would like to have as much even ping as possible, but if it requires me to be over 400 ping while you're with 300 ping, I'd probably rather go with 300 ping and you with 50 ping because unlagged "" (Ignore crappy strafe jump :P) above 450 msec latency (Ping ~= latency - 50 unless client = hoster). Unlagged's restrictions applies to all tremulous servers with unlagged unless someone out there expanded the number of memory slots for it.

-Rules [size=8pt](Predator is an exception as that has already passed)[/size]:
-Server: We both decide on the server, I'll try to find the best server for equal-ish latency for the both of us but if that doesn't work, just use PkFrag'em or Unknown server as they give ok-ish ping
-Must be unlagged, unless you have roughly the same ping as me within 30percent ping difference
-Preferably one that use 1.1 "vanilla" or gpp "vanilla" gameplay
-No UBP servers, unless we don't build
-Preferably no building and no attacking until 10:00, although building boosters/defence comp/essentials is an exception
-Preferably ATCS, because: Transit gives me shit fps, uncreation is horribly unbalanced, Tremor is buggy on impure servers etc. and ATCS is nice and small, finding each other isn't that hard.
-Flanking each other's backs are allowed
-Retreats are allowed, but your shame will get recorded anyway
-Try to be fair. For example, no md hall camping or tyrants against unarmoured rifles, unless you're going to end the game already.
-The time we organise can be anytime as long as we are both awake. If one or the other doesn't attend, it's not a loss for the non-attending person, we'll just re-organise it to another time. Preferably, I don't organise times, I just have duels straight on the spot. Ask me when you meet me in-game and I'll accept or decline depending on my real-life context.[/quote]
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:16 am

I probably should take out the rules and explain on the day, makes me look stupid :D
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:06 am

TL;DR but i still have trem, just no one to play with

<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie
Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:54 am

Your asking for 1v1s ? good luck I'm sure 90% of us don't have the game. Also 1v1s are boring the game was made for many people to play as a team and since everyone here is probably really rusty it would more than likely be you getting to stage 3 while the others are stage one and even if we where to do good it would be boring ... Now if everyone reinstalled the game and played together that would be fun but it always fails to set stuff like that up :(
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:11 am

Well after my exams are over i would be happy to play. I can probably say for definite that i am one of the most active trem players out there. i am on every day and i have played with you a couple of times Virus. Maybe mid summer?
Image Image Image
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:24 am

Mid summer for you would be mid-winter for me unless you want to do it in january.
I'm on holidays right now and as of next week I've got "college" (TAFE is what they call it here, but the official name is TrainingWA but it's easier to say TAFE, reason we don't call it college is because a "college" here is more like a high school that goes from year 4 to year 12)

Also, which of these servers do you get roughly the same ping as I do:
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:24 am

Ah, okay, i see. Well January for me probably wouldn't be ideal due to my preliminary exams being in early febuary. How about you just give me a range of dates in which you are available and ill see if any of them suit? Also in regard to your question about the pings, i would have to say the top, "Aussie Assault" server is the one which you have a ping closest to mine. Most of the servers i am on i have a ping from 106-140 (approximates) and so we could host it on that server?

Address rules closer to the time?
Image Image Image
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:25 am

Oh i am sorry, i didnt notice that Aussie Assault was on Unvanquished. Does that still not exist on tremulous though? if not then the server after that!
Image Image Image
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:34 am

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:11 am

Well you have my word, i am really in Scotland, i wouldn't get any satisfaction out of lying about that, haha.

Really? Currently i am not the best with my computer (I have just moved to linux mint) and when i log onto tremulous and pick a random server (Not just AA), i bring up the score screen and beside my name a ping of 100+, 150- is usually shown. If i am not reading my pig correctly please dont patronise :P Is that how i read my genuine ping? I hope to not of caused too much confusion by the way!
Image Image Image
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Circled means "I think this is european" and the rest are probably somewhere in the americas. AsciiWolf.com is russian, and is hosted by some guy who doesn't quite know what he's doing (he gave me level 5 there for helping him n' stuff... lol, also the [funserver] bugged out and banned everyone on earth but I still haven't told him because I haven't met him lately)

Anyway most likely you'll get a similar ping to me if we find a:
1. West American server
2. Russian server. I have ~500 in-game but europe gets ~350+ anyway. But unlagged ceases to exist on anything above 400 so I'm still somewhat disadvantaged.

Cuboid [ASIA] is actually hosted in Japan so if you lived in America we'd get roughly the same ping. Europeans get only ~300-350 ping there normally too. However it's a GPP server, not 1.1 server.
If you're interested on what we do, is actually a URL.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:30 am

Okay thanks for all of that man, i went onto tremulous and had a run about the servers that i could find off that list that were circled. I was alone but i cant imagine the ping would differ too greatly if there was one more player. please note that the way i identify my ping is simply pressing tab and looking at the score screen, each reading is just what ive seen in front of me (:
Happy tree friends - 90-105
Evil - 190-200
DoH KoRx - 58

The rest i cant find. I am banned on the funserver.

To be honest the most suitable one looks like Happy Tree friends but then again, you'd be at a major ping disadvantage. We can obviously postpone this if needed, and see if a more suitable server pops up (unlikely as trem is on death's door).

Chances are you'd mop the floor with me in a 1v1 anyway (;
Image Image Image
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:33 pm

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
<<

Hybrid

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:15 am

Okay cool. I just went on =Pk:|Frag'em and ran around for a while. My ping stayed in the 130-145 region.
Image Image Image
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:39 pm

IMA PLAY TREMULOUS RIGHT NOW

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:18 pm

pfft you got on just as i left
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1

Return to Tremulous General Discussion