[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Mute Abuse: The Vibrator
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mute Abuse: The Vibrator

Forum rules
http://knightsofreason.net/forum/viewto ... =97&t=3778
If you have been accused of abuse and are defending yourself, familiarize yourself with the above rules.
<<

2nerdy4u

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Mute Abuse: The Vibrator

So, I was sitting in Layouts (under the name fwd/slash), and there was a guy named Commie on the human team (he was rather annoying and whiny actually, I tried to call a mute vote on him, but somehow he had L2+). I started to sing the old Soviet anthem (hoping Mr. Commie would sing along), to which Vibe said shut up a few times (his reason was something along the lines of "The Reds ruined the Soviet Union" or something). No problem, it's the internet, people say shut up, and it never means anything. Anyone could have said shut up, so I didn't stop. If I was being a pain, someone would have called a mute vote. I sang a few more lines and Vibe never used !warn on me. I wasn't saying anything offensive or anything, just singing away. Know this: I didn't do it to provoke Vibe at all; I was just having my fun, and I was thinking that Vibe was a fun-loving guy. Then out of nowhere, !mute fwd commies ftl. Hmm. I sat there for a bit, thinking I would be unmuted and that Vibe was just having his fun, but nothing.

And to Vibe, fwd/slash says hello.
Omnis homines, qui de rebus dubiis consultant, ab odio, amicitia, ira atque misericordia vacuos esse decet. Haud facile animus verum providet ubi illa officiunt. Ubi intenderis ingenium, valet; si lubido possidet, ea dominatur, animus nihil valet.
<<

The Vibrator

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Mute Abuse: The Vibrator

i never unmuted you? woops! mah bad! yes, you are right; it was a joke, but i forgot to unmute you :( mah bad! sorry!
-I did it because I actually understood everything he said by the way, and wanted to do this for fun.
<<

Moo'n

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:47 pm

how long were you muted for?
<<

Meds

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:10 pm

About commie , he's |FA|Ziggy .
And I was there but I did'nt see he muted you , well I was doing others things at this moment..
<<

The Vibrator

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:12 pm

yea...but then we had another guy decon who was not permabanned because he eventually rebuilt..his name was C|D
<<

MiniWheatz

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:13 pm

Although you muted him AFTER that whole issue was dealt with.

Arby 'n' the Chief ftw.
<<

Meds

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:21 pm

<<

The Vibrator

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:22 pm

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm moving this to the new forum I've created specifically for these issues.

---

I think a warning to use your commands more responsibly will suffice.
<<

1LordAnubis

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Vib is a friendly player in game, and not someone I would expect problems from, but we can't have players getting randomly muted. This is just another example of taking admin commands too lightly. And saying that czar mutes for much less isn't a justification. In fact, I find it ironic that nerdy posted this, as I've seen him mute for much less. That being said, nerdy always strictly follows policy, and would have at least warned before a mute (or more likely ban). With the clan's new order, we aren't taking admin commands lightly, but are instead using the practice of not using commands unless we must.
During this time of adjustment, I don't think Vib. should be harshly punished, but he needs to know (as well as the rest of the clan) that commands are only supposed to be used when *absolutely* necessary. You can't just go around muting players... call a vote to mute someone if you must. I'm not saying you don't have a right to mute someone for being a complete asshole, but I'm recommending you try to put up with them, and let the players decide what should be done.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-George Bernard Shaw

Visit my

Return to Admin Issues