[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Aliens
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aliens

Forum rules
http://knightsofreason.net/forum/viewto ... =97&t=3778
If you have been accused of abuse and are defending yourself, familiarize yourself with the above rules.
<<

WaxyChicken

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:31 am

Aliens

deconning entire base.
didn't get demo started in time to catch the egg decons.
Attachments
aliens.zip
player name aliens demo
(95.99 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:58 am

Re: Aliens

I'll wait for alien's side.
<<

Aliens

VIP Moderator
VIP Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:23 am

Last night on Lite v3, both humans, and aliens blocked the elevators to their respective bases, and both sides refused to unblock. Our elevator was blocked by the om, which I warned my entire team that I was going to move. Waxy protested.

The first time he tk'd me I evolved into a granger and was promptly killed. I gave him an informal warning "I will forcespec you if you tk me again." Wulfe advised that he should get a !warn first. The second time he tk'd me was immediately after the om was deconned by myself. I rebuilt said om elsewhere. I !warned waxy formally for tking. Shortly after the om was rebuilt I was tk'd a third time by waxy for "Deconning". He attempted to spec, but was forcespec'ed by me.

We went on to win that particular match. Waxy went on to sling insults in wulfe and I's direction.

Witnesses to this were bread, hate, srn, and wulfe.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:48 pm

<<

Eagle

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:03 pm

-ex scientia vera-
<<

Mr. F

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:12 pm

In most similar situations, this is really just a question of who is more right. In this situation, that would be Aliens.

You never TK someone for something they did prior. You talk to someone that could do something about it instead of devolving to fisticuffs (clawticuffs?). Also, you almost never decon and move a base without requesting approval of your team first. Especially with a team that small, it shouldn't be hard to ask for permission beforehand. Granted, you may need to rush and decon and do a quick move if time is short.
<<

Aliens

VIP Moderator
VIP Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:15 pm

The problem I see with the whole thing, is I did ask for the teams permisson, and only waxy objected. Normally i'd take his objection into consideration, but his objection was that deconning the om would end the stalemate, and so his objection was sort of moot.

On a somewhat related note, those timestamps don't seem accurate as it would indicate that I took ~15 minutes to build the new om. However when waxy killed me after I deconned the om, I spawned from an egg right beside where I ultimately built the om, the whole process took maybe 5 minutes.
<<

Eagle

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Maybe you're looking at the seconds, not minutes?
-ex scientia vera-
<<

Aliens

VIP Moderator
VIP Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:06 pm

... I thought those were minutes.
<<

Eagle

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:43 am

Well it doesn't matter, it's right from the logs.
-ex scientia vera-
<<

Aliens

VIP Moderator
VIP Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Oh I'm not calling the validity of the logs in question, I simpley assumed that they followed the traditional format of hh:mm, I simpley misunderstood is all.

Return to Admin Issues