[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Recent downtime
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Recent downtime

<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:32 am

Recent downtime

Hi guys - as you probably saw the site was down all day yesterday (starting from about 1am CDT). Basically, the hard drive started throwing input/output errors and went read only, but it actually wasn't readable, which started to cause issues for the server. I had the motherboard replaced and everything appears to be fine now, but please post in this topic if you see anything weird going on.

Update 10/22 4am CDT: that motherboard swap only fixed things temporarily, sadly. We've had to do a complete OS reload onto a new SSD (for some reason they put in a Crucial M4 instead of a Samsung 830 at time of order - I probably should have checked that before things went awry but oh well). I've brought the forums back online however there are still quite a few things to restore and get working again.

Update 10/22 2pm CDT (aaron): issue with server settings for the forums. Apparently caused someone to have issues logging in. Let me know if this persists for any of you with an e-mail to aaron5367@knightsofreason.net.

Update 10/25 2 PM CDT (aaron): KoR survival server back online.

Update 10/25 3pm CDT: The malfunctioning SSD will be removed at 3am CDT tonight, so expect stuff to be down for about 10-20 minutes.

Update 10/26 3:30am CDT: The old SSD has been removed and everything should be fine now.

Update 10/30 4:12pm CDT: DNS issues
Last edited by Aaron5367 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: update #4

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:01 am

Re: Recent downtime

Wait... You're hosting the forums?!?
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 am

Image Image
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:28 am

That's unrelated, Shadow.

Ikusari and I share a server.

Moving to news.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:03 am

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:03 am

Well I'm glad the forums got put back up :D I was bugging the crap out of awoo about it lol. Thanks for being fast about the fix iku!

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:37 am

<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Just wonder what difference one ssd would have over the other?
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Uh, guys. I'm using a proxy right now (in my own home!) because I can't directly access the forums with my account. Without the proxy, if I click the login page (I've had it set to log me on automatically since I joined), I fill out my login info, click submit, and the page saying I've been logged in pops up. When I click "return to the index page" or "return to the previous page", it'll send me to the page I was on last. And I won't be logged in. Any fix?
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Voss, you can e-mail me if it's easier for you.

Try clearing your cookies out, at least for KoR's site.

Edit: Also, make sure you aren't going to test.knightsofreason.net

Edit: Edit: Think I found the problem. Surprised it wasn't affecting more people. Let me know if the problem persists.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks Aaron, whatever you did, I can get back on.

Also, Aaron, I couldn't find your email in the forums I was allowed to go as a guest (I'll admit, shortsightedness on my part; I didn't search thoroughly enough).
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:31 pm

It's also in my signature and at the bottom of every page :/.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:06 pm

*looks left* *looks right*

This conversation about my own incompetence never happened.

<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Everything's working fine for me, thanks guys.
I successfully accessed the site, logged in, and posted this.
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 am

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Survival server is back online.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:16 pm

The old SSD is going to be reclaimed tonight, so the server will be down for a little.

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Caliban

KoR-MC Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Creepers are evolving! They've found a way to damage the world! NOTHING IS SAFE
The clouds methought would open, and show riches
Ready to drop upon me, that when I waked
I cried to dream again.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:13 pm

OMG

WE MUST ELIMINATE THE CREEPERS

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Ikky, get gitolite to work so I can work on KoRPS pl0x.
<<

lae

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Oh, sorry, I'm out of town. I'll see if I can do it later tonight after this party....

lae@rizon/freenode
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Props on keeping this online through Sandy. A lot of the NY datacenters went offline, as did my basement server.
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

Return to News