[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - RIP HateAnthem/FrozenFox
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

RIP HateAnthem/FrozenFox

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:10 am

RIP HateAnthem/FrozenFox

<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:15 am

Re: RIP HateAnthem/FrozenFox

Damn. That has to be tough on his family. I can't even begin to understand what that must feel like, so all I can really say is they have my sympathy.
Image Image
<<

marc

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Sad news, sorry to hear this. He was fun to play Tremulous with and a great helper when I needed his help. He will be missed.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:17 pm

I agree. However, good to see you again.
<<

The Vibrator

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:39 pm

Tragic...always seemed like a cool dude. RIP
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm not gonna pretend I knew him. I'm also not gonna say something noncommittal like "he's in a better place now" because I don't know him. However, death isn't something I can take lightly, and waking up to this message has literally sent me into a spin. My thoughts are now of him and his family and those of you who actually knew him. I... I'm not quite the religious man even in my own self-proclaimed paganism, but I will send my thoughts and prayers to them for both his and his family's continued safety in these troubling times.
Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:56 pm

fucking hell how did i not know about that? man this is really sad i used to talk to him everyday ever since he quit trem :( we lost contact, however, about 1 1/2 years ago, and now i understand why cuz that was when he got sick.
man i really feel like a fuck now cuz i didn't even know about this, we used to get along so well and i didn't even bother getting back in contact with him for some reason...

this dude was awesome anyway, he spent like 5 hours helping me to sett up linux mint with me because back then i didn't understand shit and actually i'm still a linux noob. i really wish i had had the opportunity to stand by him in order to help him get through this easier :(
we've always led great conversations, he positively influenced the way i think about things and also showed me most of the music i listen to every day. i feel very sad at this point because not only have i lost a friend that i've never gotten to meet nor talked to in real life (even though it was my plan a few years ago..) but also because the world has lost another very intelligent person whose potential had yet to be discovered. i'd really have wished for him to have had some beautiful last months and that his sort of negative attitude towards life changed for good :).
i would have been interested in his opinion on that.

so, brandon, my very last words for you: if you can hear this in any way i would have stood by you in every way i could, i'm afraid i haven't gotten back in contact with you for whatever reason this was, maybe because i didn't feel the need to talk to you again or the other way around, or maybe because i was too selfish or lazy to re-add you on jabber. i highly regret this mistake now, i hope you remembered me only once during the months of sickness and wondered when i might show a sign of life. i also promise you to visit your grave at least once in my life, maybe then we can have some face time.
fare well and rest in peace.

PS: i won't pray for you because we both know you hated god and spat on thy religion (get the motorhead reference? :P). i kind of adopted your attitude. haha and greet george carlin up there for me!
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:02 pm

I was wondering, I mean a couple of us knew him pretty well, would we be able to get some sort of gift for his family or something? I feel bad that we just are sitting here saying that we will miss him, and I want to do more.
Image Image
<<

BigWimply

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Damn.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:12 pm

His family is likely a bit overwhelmed right now. Flattus (the guy posting for him) is probably who you should contact right now if you are interested in helping or what to speak with someone close to him. I was speaking quite frequently to Hate until a month ago when he dropped off the face of the planet. He really went downhill quickly once the medication for his brain tumor stopped working.

Nazgul: He was so busy I haven't even seen him in a month and I've tried contacting him. There's only so much you can do for a person at that point, and I know he was a bit overwhelmed with the support too. He always asked me not to post on KoR's site as he never wanted to be bothered by all the noobs. That being said, I'm sure he would have loved to hear from you and I'm also positive he wouldn't want you beating yourself up for not speaking to him when he felt like shit and wouldn't want you to be bothered by it when he was dead (since he can't care now anyway). Sounds like something he would say :-).

Also, about the god part, I think he'd roll in his grave if he knew Voss was praying for him :D. Nevertheless it's the sentiment that counts, Voss.
<<

Monk

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:18 pm

I remember playing with him years ago. The memories of the good times will live on.

Everyone brings with them a unique personality that will be missed when they are gone.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Man.. I'm really sorry to here this. How old was he?

And we should make an e-card or something for his family. Or some online-open-paint-doc-something that we can all sign and give to his family.
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:24 pm

He was too young to die of cancer. It runs in his family, he told me. I'm guessing mid 30's. I was told I could probably get a funeral announcement a few months back but I haven't tried to contact anyone just yet. If I do, I'll compile something to send back. They should know he had some friends online over here.
<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:28 pm

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Well shit, there you go. He's a few years older than I am and he just died.

Great... GJ HateAnthem :-(
<<

sam@gundula

VIP Operator
VIP Operator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Even though I didn't know HateAnthem that well I feel sad about it.
To his family and all his friends: I wish you all the strength in the world.
«A heart that hurts, is a heart that works...» - Placebo

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:37 pm

He was on the final stage and I felt sure even when he told me he was going to make it. He's one of the people looked up to at the old days when I first started coming to the clan's community. At the time he I got interested even more into going into computer systems when he was talking about Linux and stuff.

I will miss him so :cry:
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
<<

ThePaleRecluse

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Vaguely remember him back when Akane was around a lot.

Was a pretty cool guy, from what I remember. Best wishes for his family.
<<

Stewie

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:53 pm

When were his active years? I sort of recall the username, but I doubt I ever talked to him.
I'm not sort of the person who can type up a speech for him, but may you rest in peace buddy.
ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:11 pm

I'm having a hard time taking this in. :(
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that. Death is never easy for anyone, and it's always unfortunate. I hope his family makes it through this hard time.
I didn't know him very well, but I've heard good things about him. And his legacy and memory will live on, and that's what really counts isn't it?
<<

DeathNinja

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Thank you for the email Aaron.

Hate was my best friend from Tremulous but after playing on Australian servers and getting to know the Australian players of Trem, I had stopped going on Teamspeak with him and after awhile I had lost contact with him. I can without a doubt in my mind, say that I am who I am today because of his influence on me as I was going through my first few years of highschool.

I will never forgot the the late nights and early mornings I spent sitting in spectate on TremX talking about random things with Hate and the gang on Teamspeak.
<<

Lt. Voss

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:59 am

Come check out my stuff if you want. Love to hear back from people.
If you're looking for something to watch or have any suggestions of your own, drop on by.

<<

Eagle

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:15 am

I didn't know him too well, but I played many Trem matches with him and followed his struggles through his blog. Very sad that after all he's gone through cancer still won in the end. He was a good guy. Rest in Peace.
-ex scientia vera-
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:29 am

<<

maro_1

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:01 am

i don't really know what to say, i can't remember if i knew him well or not. but it saddens me to know we lost one of our family members.

<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie
Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:19 pm

I didn't know him but dam :(
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:38 am

Flattus, glad to help in anyway I can.

A bit of context for everyone else:
This is hate wearing his "Hannibal Lecter" mask. He had to wear this mask while he was getting some radiation therapy on his brain he he would never shut up about how funny it looked :D. He, obviously, sent this out for Christmas and it was hilarious.
Next

Return to News