[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Whats... Up?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Whats... Up?

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Maximus

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Whats... Up?

I don't come on this site very often, maybe once or twice every couple of months. Just to check in with how everyone's doing, to make sure this is still here, because it holds quite a bit of sentimental value to me. I was on here tonight, just looking through posts, and I found my old account (back when I was ten! seven years ago!). I've just been sitting here for a little while looking through all of my posts, laughing at my bad grammar, cringing at how awkward I was. And a completely random thought hit me that made me sort of sad.

I realized that some day, a couple of months are gonna pass, and I will not have checked in for a while, and then I'll remember to, and everything will just be... gone. Granted, this won't happen for a while, but when it does happen I've got no clue how I'm going to feel. I've spent the past two hours looking through my old posts, remembering all the people I used to talk to, who have mostly moved on past this clan, gone onto different walks of life, just sort of separated from the group (and there's nothing wrong with that). There have been many people that I've absolutely pestered the living fuck out of, and yet they still treated me with respect and understanding.

I think it's just absolutely crazy that I built a large portion of who I am through this clan, without ever really having to be a part of it. Most of you don't remember me being an annoying twat, but trust me, I was. On the servers, in the forums, I felt that I had a family here, and I totally did. I was really comfortable just being myself around you guys, and that was a really good experience for me to have at that age. Even if you weren't around back then, and don't remember me fucking shit up like a little fucker, it doesn't matter. You guys keep that whole KoR spirit and familial sense alive, and I think that's awesome.

I still remember when people like Flakies and 2nerdy4u still posted here, they've both since gone, and a lot of that crowd are now ex-KoR members. Like I said, not a bad thing, just something that happens. I think there were a few others who joined around the same time I was here. I think near the end of that "era" Metroidude joined the clan? I seem to remember his name, and I remember having a couple conversations with him here and there. It's hard to remember that far back, so I'm not sure how many others of you might remember me or that time.

So, I guess the point of this post is to say, before it's too late, and more than anything else, thank you. Thanks for putting up with me, and sticking with me while I applied to join the clan a total of 8 times. You guys, and the experiences I've had with you aren't something I'll forget. Even if I didn't make too much of an impact on you guys, you certainly made a large impact on me.

One memory I recall specifically is that there was one night, maybe more than once? Where a lot of us sat down and we watched Looper together (for the most part, I had to leave half-way through haha). I thought that was super rad! (and would totally be willing to do it again ;) )

Anyway, thanks guys, honestly. Thank you.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:42 pm

Re: Whats... Up?

You're completely welcome man :) I think a lot of us were once that annoying preteen.

A lot of feels here for me too. KoR is a huge part of who I am now.

At what point did we become less active and more sentimental? We can't just give up here, guys! Come on, we need to do something.
<<

Maximus

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:45 pm

I definitely don't think it's that kind of mindset for me, although that is kind of the way I laid it out to be. For me it's more like "wow I don't check in often enough I can't believe I've been attached to these guys for 7+ years I need them to know I care ahhh!!!!"

at least that's what I was thinking haha.

But I'd definitely be willing to play some games with you guys. I'm not a part of the steam group but I'm friends with a bunch of you guys on steam!
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:59 pm

I feel like NS2 would be a good game to play... Or anything really.
<<

QweefZilLa

Slightly Less Grangers Than Stewie

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:12 am

What's up dude I think I remember you I can't believe 7 years have passed and your still only 17. That's crazy that you started so young. We have all grown old and moved on either with life or different games. I play a ton of csgo now and no one here likes counter strike :/
<<

Maximus

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:28 am

I play so much counter-strike! Haha it's pretty much the only thing I play.

I think it'd be awesome to get a couple people together to play cs:go
<<

The Vibrator

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi Maximus,
Yeah this forum brings up good memories, and I visit regularly. I don't post much, but I definitely lurk. Gaming with you all was really fun when we were kids and was an important part of our childhood. I hope everyone is doing well now with jobs/school/etc.
<<

Shadow

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:13 pm

I think that the reason we don't game as much together anymore is that when we were all kids we got on after school/work, but now schedules aren't that simple and it is really hard to co-ordinate any large number of us
Image Image
<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:58 pm

<<

ViruS

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:48 am

ImageImageImage
| for 1.1
(when adding me, state your forum/tremulous username) | Games: Paladins, NS2, Reflex, Quake Live, War Thunder, Rise of Flight, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Non-Steam: BF3, Tremulous
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:06 am

<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:21 pm

Lets all make to jump to csgo. I am an excellent teacher when it comes to that game ! (only because I struggled so much with it in the beginning)
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:25 pm

I really struggle at cs:go you should add me on steam Queef.

<<

QweefZilLa

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:27 pm

what's your steam name ? or you could add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/waltersocom
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:23 am

My steam name is in my sig, but I added you

<<

AsterisK

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:09 am

90% of us were pretty annoying back in 2007-2008. I know sometimes I look back at my old posts from when I was new here and I just want to slap myself.
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:13 am

So I met a guy on Dirty Bomb (a F2P game) and he was interested so I told him about us. Hopefully we'll see him here soon :D

Return to General